Has anyone flown an LX A343?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone flown an LX A343?

I will be flying HKG-ZRH-MXP in six days and NCE-ZRH-HKG a week or so later. How is Y-class on Swiss' new 340s? Is the AVOD IFE system really good? Thanks in advance.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Oh well, in that case I will probably be the first jp.net member to fly one. My flight is leaving in 6 hours and 16 minutes and I hope to write my first TR on it. Hopefully I will be able to take a few pics onboard and at HKG.

Comment

I'll be interested in your trip report - they look like great aircraft. I think they look fantastic in the new Swiss livery and the interiors look wonderful; even nicer than the 330s which were already very, very nice (even the MD-11s were great by early '90s standards).

I still miss the MD-11s and 747-300s though, even though the latter were looking a bit old in the area of seats, ameneties, etc. by the very end. Of course, I miss Swissair altogether - I have to remind myself that this is really CROSSAIR we're talking about here...

Comment

i actually flew from narita to zurich on an LX A343 on march 31, nice plane with great IFE on demand, spacious cabin for an A340 i thought, service was excellent also.

flight report will come when i get back to australia.

I'll be taking and A343 back to hong kong on the 14th of april also.

next trips
        USA/DXB August.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Currently I'm waiting for my pics to get developed (haven't got a digital camera yet). Hopefully they will turn out alright, as I found it really difficult to take night shots at HKG with all the reflections of the terminal's interior.

Regarding the flights, I again found Swiss to be one of the best airlines I've ever flown (along with CX of course ). The IFE system was really a pleasure to use, despite the minor technical problems I encountered. More to come later.

Comment

Working...
          X