No announcement yet.

I need info on Singapore Airlines (SQ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need info on Singapore Airlines (SQ)

This is my first post since forever, since I've been pretty busy for the past few months. Moving on, my dad asked if I wanted to go to India over the summer, and I said yes. He said I could pick out the airline, and I chose Singapore Airlines since it seemed like the longest flight available and it also seemed to be highly rated.

So here is my itinerary:

Everything is in Coach Class

MAY 29
    Depart: Atlanta (ATL)
    Arrive: Washington, D.C (DCA)
    Airline: Delta 0750
    Boeing 757-200

MAY 29
    Depart: DCA
    Arrive JFK Int'l Airport (JFK)
    Airline: Delta Connection (ACA)
    Aircraft type unknown- does anyone know what is typicaly used on this route?

MAY 29
    Depart: JFK
    Arrive Singapore Changi (SIN)
    Airline: Singapore Airline 025
    Boeing 747-400

MAY 31

Depart: SIN
    Arrive: Bangalore, India (BLR)
    Airline: Singapore Airlines 0430
    Boeing 777-200ER

I'm returning on the exact same route on July 1 2004. I just wanted to know how service, etc is in Singapore Airlines. I did some research on the airline, and they seem to be above decent. I want to know if the 744/772 will be AVOD equiped. Is there any way of knowing?

Also, I would like to know if SQ lets you reserve your seat before the flight. Will I have to check in again in New York, or will I recieve boarding passes all the way to India?

Also, My family wants to venture out to Singapore on the return trip back home. My mom and I are American citizens, and my sister is an Indian citizen. Will any of us need visas? I looked for this online, but I couldn't find it.

Thank You for All your help,
    ATLcenter
    aka Ra

PS- This itinerary is not set in stone, it can still be changed and it can be cancelled as well.

I don't know much about them, but my brother flew them 2 years ago and said they were the best he had ever flown.

Comment

Let me first answer your question about Singapore… If you are an American Citizen then you do NOT require visas to stay in SIN up to 3 months. So you and your mum are fine, however since you state your sister is an Indian Citizen, then I assume she has an Official Indian Passport*, then she does not require a visa to enter Sin.

I would think AVOD is available on the 744 and 772’s….

On Seats, I do not know much about it, but you might want to ask your travel agent about that…

I too am heading too India as well... On May 28 or 29... But my flight is from EWR-CDG/LHR/ZRH/MXP-DXB (maybe a layover)-COK. Return will probably be COK-DXB-LHR-EWR.. The date is for June 12, but I'm flexible as long as I'm not there in India for over 2 weeks. Lol

Cheers!

Comment

ATLcentre,

Having flown SIA on numerous occassions, I can highly recommend them for any long haul flights. Service is excellent and amenities, even in Y class (personally anything above 7 hours I fly C or F).

Another option to consider is MH (Malaysia Airlines). Touch wood, but have never received anything short of superb service from this airline.

Enjoy your vacation and please post your flight review.

Regards
        tiernan1338

Comment

Working...
        X