• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta LAX-JFK(photos)

Delta 1991
    LAX-JFK
    767-300ER
    # of reg (didn't see)

So my flight leaves 9:20am wednesday morning. I wake up around 4:30am my shuttle service picks me up around 5:20am it takes about 1 hour 40 minutes to get to lax arriving around 7. I check in my luggage and i'm on my way through security and sumthing that gets me mad is ppl wait right when they get to security to start taking their things off holding up the line. Then i get thru easily with no probs as usual. go to my gate then look for sum breakfst then take sum pics of delta 757 bound for Atlanta i believe. i talk on the phone for a while then boarding commences i get seat 26F with no one next to me that's great. So i ask to go to the cockpit and i ask the pilots they invite me over, we chat then i took sum pix, the FO took 3 pix of me. sitting grabbing the yoke and throttle. it was great.Oh by the way i told them to do a really nice steep take-off and they did they said my name on the mic, so anyways we push back and very awesome flap extension, the noise was loud i love that. we taxi and go right for the runway with like a 45 second wait. then all of the sudden i can hear the engines spooling up but breaks are set. then they spool up all the way and we start our long takeoff just like i told them. then we start rotating at a ver very low angle of attack juz like i told them then gears start retracting and they pull the yoke alot i heard 1 woman and a baby scream all the sudden and sumone say "omg, oh wow" we were at such an angle of attack that it felt like a 757 taking off from SXM. it was so great and turning over the pacific eastward was awesome it flet like tha plane was gonna turn upside down. so we increase altitude till about 37,000ft. service commences and i eat a turkey pesto sandwich and water. over colorado i believe we hit sum good bumps. anyway descent starts like 30 minutes early.we hit sum bumps. and we start slwoing down but 767's have this thing that they cannot slow down and descend at the same time. so at about 9000ft i noticed a whinning noise and they were deploying landing gears i was like WTF. still no flaps deployed yet just spoilers and landing gear. so then i start hearing flaps and decrease in noise from engine. approach wasn't much though pretty scenic. as we are over the runway i can see an AF 777 waiting by the runway for takeoff. so we land and reversers kick in nicely. as we get off the runway i see another A/C coming in to land an AA MD-80. then shortly after that i hear a low noise and a shadow it was the Air France 777 wow surprisngly so silent. well we taxi towards our gate and its the end of my journey.

oh by the way thanks alot George (captain) and Tom (First Officer) u guys were great.
    MRTC!

Good report! Liked the photos!

In the last picture on the wall screen, it says "Trivia" & has a question...is that part of DL's IFE on long-haul flights? I haven't been with them on a decent-length flight in a couple years & wondered if that was a quick part of "Delta Horizons".

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Working...
    X