YUL-FCO (via AMS on KL/AZ) Nov. 1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YUL-FCO (via AMS on KL/AZ) Nov. 1999

Hello! I am new to this forum! This is my first trip report so I hope you like it

In 1999 I went to visit my grandma in Italy. I got to fly on KLM! an airline I always wanted to try and here's my report:

Thursday November 4, 1999
    KLM 672 YUL-AMS
    Scheduled Departure Time: 7:40 p.m.
    Actual Departure Time:7:40 p.m.
    Equipment: MD-11 (PH-KCB)

I got at Dorval airport at 4:00 p.m. and went staright to the KLM check-in counters. I was excited! I'm finally gonna fly on KLM. I was hoping for a window seat but the kind man at the desk said there was none left and all he had was either an aisle seat or a seat in between the aisle and window seat. So my dad took the aisle seat and I was right next to him. I did manage to get a window seat on the Aliatlia flight from AMS-FCO so I was quite happy! We checked-in and went to have a coffee with my family before heading to the gate. As I was sitting down and looking out the window overviewing the airport I couldn't stop looking at our MD-11. I think KLM has the best looking MD-11's out there! Anywayz it was 6:00 p.m. and we said goodbye to everyone and went to our gate. Once we got at our gate I went to look out the window and saw the HUGE plane! I never knew the MD-11 was so big!! I was just amazed and impressed with this bird! They started boarding with first class pax, then biz pax and then they started calling us by rows. We were all the way in the back so we got on right away. My heart was beating faster as I walked up those stairs and saw the pretty KLM f/a waiting for us. I showed her my boarding pass and went to my seat. I have to admit I was in amazement! although I didn't have a window seat I still got a good view outside. I looked out the window and saw the big winglet with KLM wriiten on it. I was hopeing the guy next to me would give me his window seat! but no luck It was 7:25 and the plane was ready to go but the captain said we were waiting for 2 more people.......7:30 still waiting....................7:35 the captain annouces they have arrived and were ready to go. As the 2 last people were walking to their seat everone started to clap their hands cause they finally arrived. 7:40 we pushed back and began to taxi to the runway. I have to say I love hearing the start up and the hum of those MD-11 engines! We got to the runway and without waiting we turned and the next thing you knew we were roaring down the runway. We took off and soon after the f/a’s started service with passing hot towels and a drink. We watched the news and then they served dinner. It was a choice between chicken and pasta. I took the pasta and I remember it being better than what I usually taste on other airlines. After dinner they lowered the lights and played the movie. I forgot what the movie was! But I didn’t even watch it cause I fell asleep. When I woke up we were over the UK and the f/a passed out those hot towels again and started serving breakfast. Soon after breakfast was done we stared our decent to Schiphol! About 20-30 min. later we were on our final approach. What a nice view we got of AMS! I wish I could of gone and visit. A very nice touchdown by the pilot! Our taxi to the gate was short and next thing you know I was looking at our plane from inside Schiphol. I loved Schiphol airport! I had to wait 4 hours for my Alitalia flight to FCO so I went looking around at some planes. I remember seeing a lot of planes belonging to KLM, Norhtwest Airlines and Martrinair.
    My return trip to Montreal on KLM was just as good so I’m not gonna write about it. The only thing different was we got a mix of KLM and Martinair crew on our flight which was pretty cool to see Blue and Red working together! Other than that the flight was just as good. I hope you liked my report! Sorry for making it too long.
    YuL_aIrPlAnE_fReAk

Bienvenue à bord les ailes d'Air Transat!

Welcome

Good review

Joe,
    | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Hey Joe! thanx alot
      YuL_aIrPlAnE_fReAk

Comment

nice report

What about the ALitalia flights to Rome?
        Andy

Comment

Hey there! Thanx alot I will try and post the AZ flight from AMS-FCO as soon as I can.
          YuL_aIrPlAnE_fReAk

Comment

Hey guyz! Well this is the trip report of my Alitalia flight from AMS to FCO:

Friday November 5, 1999
            Alitalia 109 AMS-FCO
            Scheduled Departure Time: 12:00 p.m.
            Actual Departure Time:12:05 p.m.
            Equipment: A321-100

After 4 hours of plane spotting at schiphol I was ready to board my next flight to Rome. I was really excited cause this would be my first time on an Airbus plane and on Alitalia. I heard a lot of bad things about Alitalia! (i.e. rude crew,lost luggages,lots of delayes) I didn’t really know what to expect. Our A321 arrived ontime from Rome and I watched it park at the gate. We waited for the passangers to deplane and for the crew to clean up and then we commenced boarding. As I got to the plane a very attractive f/a was waiting for us. I showed her my boarding pass and went to my seat 10A. 10A is right behind the door so we got a lot of legroom! This made the flight a lot more enjoyable. Once everyone boarded we left the gate (5 min. late but still arrived on-time at FCO) and took off for Rome! The A321 is a powerful jet! I didn’t expect a plane like that to perform such a toakeoff! I loved it J The in-flight service began with a drink. The f/a’s were very good loking and friendly! (despite what I heard about Alitalia’s f/a) After the drink they served lunch. I completely forgot what it was but I don’t remember it being anything gross. After lunch was served I watched some Cartoons and then we began our decent to FCO. I think this was the most exciting part! I love landing in Rome cause the views are nice and I knew that in 30 min or so I would get to see FCO airport! The decent was nice and smooth so was touchdown but this time taxiing to our parking space was a little longer than in Amsterdam. We finally parked and got out of the plane. I remember seeing a Saudi Arabian airlines 777 jet at the gate not to far from us. We walked into FCO got our stuff and went on the long journey to find our car! Man in Fiumicino ever big! I’ve been to Italy 2 times already before this trip but I flew with Air Transat and it used to land at Ciampino airport. FCO is a whole lot bigger than CIA!
            My flight back to AMS was pretty much the same thing only a little more bumpy. We still flew on the A321 and everything went smoothly! Thank you for reading my report I hope you liked it!
            YuL_aIrPlAnE_fReAk

Comment

Joe,
              | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Welcome here, and keep the interesting reports coming. Also, it is indeed nice to hear a positive report on Alitalia, there are so many negative ones around. No reason for you then to kiss the ground after landing!

Regards,
                Peter

Comment

Hey aerpix! Thanx for reading! Yes I agree it is nice to of had a good experience with Alitalia! I think the problem with them is the long-haul flights. If you fly Alitalia within Europe they are alot better than flying them to North American or Asia etc...
                  YuL_aIrPlAnE_fReAk

Comment

Working...
                  X