Flew a Citation 525 yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew a Citation 525 yesterday

I went out to the airport to eat lunch with some friends and decided to hang around for a little while and see I could find a ride with anybody. The pilot of a Citation 525 (CJ) based here at GED walked in and asked for fuel. I figured I'd walk down to his hanger and introduce myself and beg for a ride. He said if it was cool with the owner I could come. Freddy (the owner) had no problem with it so we hopped in and made a really short flight up to PHL. It had been a while sence I've flown a jet and I totally how smooth everything feels and how fast things happen. Took 18 minutes to fly up, takes 2.5 hours to drive up there. We got there around 5pm and left around 9. Got in a Beachjet and a Lear 31, so got some pics of them. They was a Citation X and a Challenger 604 just leaving when I got there, but I got a couple pictures of them. The FBO (Atlantic Aviation) said it was fine if I walked the ramp so I went down to where Tampa's hocky teams 727 was and they let me in a couple of the hangers Atlantic owns. It was a beautiful day and we got there with the sun setting so some of the pics are nice looking (if I had a good camera they would look awesome). I got about 100 pics at GED, the flight up, and at PHL. I've got the good ones (I guess about 35) in the queue now and I'll update this thread later with a couple pics.
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Sounds like a great trip! Can't wait to see them Pics!
    www.acairport.com

Comment

If I had known I was going I would have invited you over and let you walk the ramp with me. I guess there's always next time. He's up there every week.

Comment

Sounds like fun! Didn't take any birdstrikes from the rear did you?
        Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Originally posted by LRJet Guy
          Sounds like fun! Didn't take any birdstrikes from the rear did you?
          I don't know, I was too busy trying to slow down because of those damn Dash 8's

Comment

I had the same thing 2 weeks ago.............but that was a microlight plane..........still pretty cool!
            check out www.atcbox.com

Comment

Here are the pics....

[photoid=288975]
              [photoid=288974]
              [photoid=288973]
              [photoid=288971]
              [photoid=288967]
              [photoid=288970]
              [photoid=288966]
              [photoid=288965]
              [photoid=288963]
              [photoid=288961]
              [photoid=288958]
              [photoid=288956]
              [photoid=288955]
              My favorite
              [photoid=288953]
              [photoid=288951]

And the pics of the Citation......

[photoid=288949]
              [photoid=288950]

Comment

well............with the pics added.......the trip you made looks even more fun!

glad you enjoyed it!
                check out www.atcbox.com

Comment

Now you need to go hop in that LR-35 and see what a real airplane can do....

Yes, the Dash is slow, but it pays the bills a little better than the Lear or Sabre.
                  Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Working...
                  X