CHS-CLT-BNA-CLT-CHS in 2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHS-CLT-BNA-CLT-CHS in 2001

This was back in October of 2001. I don't remember too many details abot 3 out of the 4 flights.

I was flying CHS-CLT-BNA with 8 family members (parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents) to go to a cousin's wedding. My brother had flown CAE-CLT and was on our CLT-BNA leg. Our flight was delayed. My mom asked 3x (Check in, in the concourse, and on the plane) if we would still make our connection (as we only had a 40 min connecting time). Everyone said yes. We were delayed about 20 minutes, so that left us with a 20 min connecting time (which means if we were lucky, we could get there for the last boarding call).
    I don't remember too many details of this flight. There was no drink service. This was my first airbus flight. I was very impressed with the dropdown screens, which I had never seen before.
    We had to run from B10 to C12. That's a hassle in CLT with 8 people (including 2 senior citizens with no assistance!). My mom, me, my aunt, and my uncle ran ahead to try and get the gate agents to hold the plane. They were just closing the door as we ran up, but the plane was sitting there still (with the jetway pulled away). This is how it unfolded (it was around 4:00):
    Mom: Hold the plane!
    Agent 1: Sorry. We just finished boarding.
    Aunt: We need to be on this flight!
    Agent 2: The next flight to Nashville leaves at 8:00.
    Mom: We have to be on this flight!! We are going to a wedding and if we aren't on this one, we'll miss the rehearsal dinner!!
    Agent 1: Well...I'm sorry...
    (Then it got heated...)
    Mom: I ASKED 3 TIMES IN CHS IF WE WOULD MAKE OUR CONNECTION!!!
    Agent 2: Well that is not our fault.
    Aunt: THE PLANE IS STILL SITTING THERE! LET US ON!!!
    (At this point, we were drawing attention. I got kinda embarrassed and I went over to the window.)
    This went on for about 10 minutes.
    My mom and my grandparents were arguing, but my aunt dropped out after they promised to buy us dinner.
    Mom: YOU HAVE TO LET US ON! MY SON IS ON THAT PLANE!!!
    Agent 1: Well why didn't you tell us before?
    Agent 2: How old is he?
    Mom: That's not important now. Just let us on.
    Agent 1: Ma'am. How old is he?
    Mom: (quietly) 23. But you have to let us on!
    The gate agents started laughing and told my mom to get a life.
    I was still over by the window looking at our 737-300. I noticed a baggage tram thingy pull up beside it. All of a sudden, they opened up the baggage compartment and pulled up a conveyor belt. Then, I saw my suitcase going on the plane!!!
    I told my mom, who started screaming at the people even more. After a few more minutes, they decided that they wanted to get rid of us. They called (I'm not sure who) to ask permission to let us board and to pull the jetway back to the plane.

We walked into the jetway. They told us to stop right in the middle while they went to the end to control it. It was not fully extended. When they did extend it, they almost made my grandma, who was standing on the separating section, fall! She would have if it had not been for my uncle, who was standing next to her!

We walked on to this flight to see the 40 other passengers glaring at us, as we were the reason for the delay. Our seats were the last row, so everyone got the chance to glare at us.

On the trip home, they gave my parents and me first class seats. They didn't give them to any other family members, though. I don't know why they did this. We did not pay for an upgrade and it had nothing to do with our experience on the way there. I think coach was oversold on both flights and we were just the lucky ones to check in first!
    I hardly remember the BNA-CLT flight. I think they gave me only 1 drink and it wasn't the whole can. Surprising for f/c! The snacks were the same pretzels and snack mix from coach class.
    The CLT-CHS flight was also an A319 (same as the CHS-CLT flight). They gave me 2 whole cans! They also passed around a tray of gourmet potato chips and crackers with cheese. Pretty good for a 30 minute flight!

That's all I remember!

I will be flying to ORD next weekend, so be looking out for that review.

Good Report. Sorry to hear about the CLT probelms! Have fun in ORD!

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Trust me...I've gotten over the problems

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X