No announcement yet.

Malaysian Holiday with MAS Part Two (KUC - KL - SIN) - Epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, no wonder why you can write about the experience that much. I guess it has this funny feeling when you return to your country of birth? A country that seems relevant to you but yet it is also quite remote?
    You hit the nail on the head. Having visited Malaysia on numerous occassions in the past, this last visit had the most impact of all (reassesing my life, yup @ 25, as I'm just recovering from a bout of the big 'C'). I was overwhelmed with feelings of distant alienation yet familiarity. Much like a hot fudge sundae; cold soft embrace of the vanilla ice cream and the perfectly matched hot fudge sauce...

Incidentally, Japan is a country on my top 5 "have to visit" list. Hoping to pop over to Tokyo mid to late 2005, just for a short look-see. A country and culture which has fascinated for many years, as I am a fan of anime.

Comment

Hi tiernan1338,

You should visit BKK next time. Foods are nice, so as the people there, always willing to help u when u r in trouble. BKK got many nice places to visit too .
      Alitalia > Always Late In Take-off Always Late In Arrival
      American Airlines > Always Awful
      PAL - phillippine airlines > Plane Always Late
      BWIA > But Will It Arrives
      CAAC > Crash All Around China / Chinese Airliners Always Crash
      JAL - Japan Airlines > Just Another Loser
      QANTAS > Quick And Nasty Transport Australian Style
      TWA - Trans World Airlines > Terrorist Welcome Aboard / The Worst Airline
      UTA > Unlikely To Arrive
      MAS - Malaysia Airlines > Money And Sex
      SIA - Singapore Airlines > Stupid Idiots Aboard
      Aufganza mīntīdok orija zuedkaj upps'shaff fīnstrok dīr dcuber sakundar.

Comment

Hi Eddie,

I really like Thailand too. Flying QF, I do try to schedule my flights so as to coincide with transits in BKK or SIN. Will definitely have to make myway to Bangkok for an extended weekend soon. haha, even though I just got back from holidays, I seriously feel like I'm in need of another vacation.

Too many places to visit, not enough time.

Comment

I never been to Malaysia, but I like Thailand better. Hopefully, go for one day or short vacation in KUL.

Comment

Hi pbateson,

You really should try to make it to Malaysia. It's a brilliant country. Many do say that the people are less friendly and the country's bland and sterile in comparison. In many respects they are correct, however, there's an understated beauty and courtesy bout Malaysians which reflect the diverse cultures and subtle friendliness as a result of the blending.

Do try to visit KUL. No-one's too far away these days.

Regards
            tiernan1338

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
              I never been to Malaysia, but I like Thailand better. Hopefully, go for one day or short vacation in KUL.
              To be honest, BKK is better than KUL. More places to visit & many cheap stuffs to buy. But i think you should visit KUL too sometime. As a Hong Konger, everything in KUL is very cheap for you .
              Alitalia > Always Late In Take-off Always Late In Arrival
              American Airlines > Always Awful
              PAL - phillippine airlines > Plane Always Late
              BWIA > But Will It Arrives
              CAAC > Crash All Around China / Chinese Airliners Always Crash
              JAL - Japan Airlines > Just Another Loser
              QANTAS > Quick And Nasty Transport Australian Style
              TWA - Trans World Airlines > Terrorist Welcome Aboard / The Worst Airline
              UTA > Unlikely To Arrive
              MAS - Malaysia Airlines > Money And Sex
              SIA - Singapore Airlines > Stupid Idiots Aboard
              Aufganza mīntīdok orija zuedkaj upps'shaff fīnstrok dīr dcuber sakundar.

Comment

Tourists go to kuching and kota kinabalu the best is to select malaysia airlines. Air Asia always give junkfood (i guess). My trip is a 5 hour trip to PER i woke up about 5.10 in the morning i watch tv a little and then take a bath. The airport taxi arrived early then i expected. My house is 28 km away from the airport. Our flight is 9.40am we arrived very early at the airport. After all that waiting we go to McDonald to have a breakfast. WAIT WAIT WAIT. We arrived at the gate i can see a Cathay Pacific 773 and a Malaysia Airlines 747 resting at the nearest gate i can even see MAS 772 734 744 and internatioal airliners. Children aboard first i'm 19 years old my 6 year old and eight year old aboard the plane first. After all kids aboard the plane i can see 3 kids sitting at the window seats i sit in the middle which is ailse we took of very fast climbing and turning was awsome!!. After 5 hours of flying we arrive in perth i can see SIA 777 and a MAS A330 QANTAS 767. After we got on a huge mini bus (only us were aboard) after the short trip we arrive at our apartment we go to our room i go to the toilet to do my buiness (i never been on to a aircraft lavetory before) i pee. 3 hours of holding it's a record!!!. After all that talking up there perth is a GREAT CITY. I wanna go again!
                Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Nice Report!
                  - The baby will be back -

Comment

Yeah true, Malaysia has a lot to offer especially if compared to Singapore. Singapore is compact and mostly concrete architectures surrounds the island city. In Malaysia, you can see true diversity in the cultures. From the kampung(village) to the city to the beaches and its nature parks. Food and shopping is awesome when you are the adventurous type. All Chinese,Indian and Malay food are great. You also have the other types of cultural food of different races and its amazing really. Thailand is also as grear or not better. But Singapore is nothing really. So much of hype about it, but nothing really extraordinary. Only the organized road and transport sytems and etc. By the way for those who are not aware, Malaysia has nice food but the best and tastiest of all are the hawker food(of coz you need to judge the cleanliness of it).

Malaysia Airlines --> Going Beyond Expectation

Best Cabin Staff 2004
                    Best Cabin Staff 2003
                    Best Cabin Staff 2002
                    Best Cabin Staff 2001

www.airlinequality.com

Comment

Working...
                    X