Engines, it depeds on where you sit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engines, it depeds on where you sit

Have you ever sat in differnt seats and noticed differnt engine noises? Like in first class, on power up and climb out it sounds AWSOME like someone flored a car engine, sit in the middle, nothing loud or quiet, and in the back, nothing loud eather. Except in the L1011 that is.

But wen you sit near or in the back, have you ever noticed you cant hear the engines reverse? you cant hear that woosh of air! Wonder why...
    -Kevin

First class in the MD-80 series is awesome , not too loud or quiet. Coach in front of the 737 series engines is good, and so is the back, never have I sat in the very back, so I dont know.
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

How about: Upper deck on a 743!!...kinda quiet but its still good!
      ***My Blog***

Comment

In the A320, a seat in front of the wing offers you the true CFM56 "hair dryer" sound, something that I think sounds unique for an engine, while as you walk to the back, it slowly changes to a dull roar. The whine changes gradually, so a walk from the cockpit door to the rear lav can be a nice experience...try it sometime

Comment

Originally posted by YWGJoe
          In the A320, a seat in front of the wing offers you the true CFM56 "hair dryer" sound, something that I think sounds unique for an engine, while as you walk to the back, it slowly changes to a dull roar. The whine changes gradually, so a walk from the cockpit door to the rear lav can be a nice experience...try it sometime
          When i fly the AC 320 series i usually get first class i always enjoy it. There so quiet with the CFM engines! Altho i have never flown on the IAE version, I always assumed they were crap! I also heard from CFM, GE, SENCMA that the IAE versions purduce more toxi junk then the CFM's
          -Kevin

Comment

When I flew out the Hawaii in April, I flew in row 17 to ATL on an MD88. On the way back I was stuck on an MD88 in row 37. Just a weeeeee bit of difference in engine noise
            GO SIOUX

Comment

Originally posted by PHF2ATL
              When I flew out the Hawaii in April, I flew in row 17 to ATL on an MD88. On the way back I was stuck on an MD88 in row 37. Just a weeeeee bit of difference in engine noise
              sounds like when I was in the seat next to the DC-9 engine that had no window. I couldent even hear the music from my CD player.

Comment

Upper deck on a 744 to Paris. One word to describe that- UNBELIEVABLE.
                So quiet yet so powerful. Loved every second of it.

Comment

I think... The engine noise in small turboprops, like Embraer EMB-120 it's cool! But Jet engines
                  Somebody already saw an 707 or 720 in take-off? It's terrible!

Comment

I'm aboard a Malaysia Airlines from KUL-PER. I sit near the wing i never herd a thing or i'm wearing headphones. I relax and watch the movies in the PTV. Oh thats why i never herd a thing!!
                    Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

747 cool

When i open my headphone it's very quite. were crusing at an altitude of 37,000ft. This is the best expirience aboard an PW poward 747-400s. make me>>>> zzzzzzz. But i enjoy my flight 3 months ago hehehehe
                      Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Sitting next to a 757 engine for over 8 hours is no fun.
                        - The baby will be back -

Comment

I can tell you that sitting in Biz class on a AirTran 717 you couldn't even hear the engines start up. It was the quietest plane I've ever flown on, and certainly one of the most comfortable.

Comment

I sat right up the front of a 743 upper deck, and it was very quiet. A really good trip.

[blatent plug]

[photoid=249608]

[/blatent plug]
                            YBBN - James

Comment

Here's my experiences:

MD-88: sat fore of the wing- SUPER quiet. Engines almost silent on full power.

B738: sat fore of the wing, distinctive 'ringing' sound from engine on full pwr

B732: sat aft of wing one row behind engine exhaust, no comment needed

B744: aft of wing, LOUD. Went up to upper deck, real quiet.

B763: pretty nice, sat aft of wing

B752: pretty quiet on top of wing

B772: nice!

I think that's about it. I really was surprised at how loud the 744 was...
                              Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Working...
                              X