How is CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is CO

All I have ever really flown with is AS . I want to try CO when I go to ATL . How is CO's service?
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

CO is a great airline and can be even better depending on where you go and what class you are in.

Domestically they mostly use 737's ERJ's and 757's. In coach, dont expect a full hot meal anymore, even on the EWR-HNL nonstop! They are good, about inflight entertainement but usually charge $5 domestically and free on international routes. The seats are good but pitch just average.

First Class is good too. On midcons and lesiure routes they offer a soup and sandwich, while on the Transcon and longer flights they offer a full meal. IFE is the same as coach, except their is no charge on the headsets, if you get a BF equipped plane you are in great luck as they offer more features (PTV's...)
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

If you do have IFE on your a/c, you can bring your own headphones and save $5
      He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

They are double pronged though so if you bring regular headphones you will only be able to hear out of one side.

Comment

They are double pronged though so if you bring regular headphones you will only be able to hear out of one side
          I think CO's IFE has both double and single pronged outlet, so there wont be a problem. I'm not 100%, but I will look into it.

Comment

The 757's I took from EWR-OSL-EWR were double pronged

Comment

The last paragraph in this link says that single pronged headphones may not be in stereo on some aircraft, so maybe only certain a/c have the single prong. I'm not sure, I never use my own headphones b/c I have about 10 CO headphones laying around

Comment

These new headsets fit easily over-the-ear, versus over-the-head, and utilize twin pin jacks
                from the Continental website.

Yes, I have stocked up with their headphones with this recent trip.

Comment

My wife and I recently flew them to San Diego round-trip from Newark. We had a 737-800 each way. It was a bit tight in coach as both flights were full but we survived.

The in-flight service was fine and it was better heading out then coming home. The drink cart went around three times going out and only twice going home due to turbulence. We had breakfast both ways which consisted of an egg and cheese sandwich, fruit cup, muffin and yogurt. It was nothing fancy but edible.

The flight attendents were very friendly and polite heading there but not as nice going home. Both flights left on-time. We got to San Diego 30 minutes early and got home 45 minutes late due to congestion at Newark which was not their fault.

Overall, Continental was fine and we had a pretty comfortable trip considering the distance we were traveling. I'd recommend flying with them since they have good service, new aircraft and a huge route system.

Comment

They also won a SkyTrax award.

Comment

CO is okay but I have only flown them to TLV. All I can say is if there international coustermer service is any where near the Domestic one than CO by far the best airline. When we flew TLV-EWR they overbooked the plane and My dad was so happy when he found out. We wanted to stay an extra day in TLV but the ticket prices were about $300 more each and it wasn't worth it. We got bumbed and got food vouchers, $250 in cash for each ticket and free upgrades to Biz class on the next flight. Biz was great on the 777. We saved money and were happy this way.

Comment

I've enjoyed Continental every time I've flown them and I've flown them a couple times:

NRT-IAH-BWI
                        NRT-EWR-MSP
                        IAH-NRT

Every time service was pretty much the same and they were all nice flights.

Comment

I flew them COS-IAH-ATL

COS-IAH was a good flight, it was a wide open ERJ-145XR flight, so I had plenty of room, I didnt have much time to walk around IAH, but terminal D sucks. I wanted to check out E, because thats the newest but didnt get a change too. IAH-ATL was ok, it was really cramped on that 735, CO and NW feel the same in terms of service. I enjoyed CO.

Comment

I flew them COS-IAH-ATL

COS-IAH was a good flight, it was a wide open ERJ-145XR flight, so I had plenty of room, I didnt have much time to walk around IAH, but terminal D sucks. I wanted to check out E, because thats the newest but didnt get a change too. IAH-ATL was ok, it was really cramped on that 735, CO and NW feel the same in terms of service. I enjoyed CO.
                            its to bad you didnt get to check out term E, term D does suck, and they are working on C to make it better. Term E has all the good restraunts and cheaper food, I would recomend the walk over to E if you ever plan on eating in the airport.

Comment

Working...
                            X