ORD-AGP-ORD on an A310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORD-AGP-ORD on an A310

This report is from 2000. I have all the information down on paper and and I have all the tickets and all that, so here is a report about a pretty crappy flight.

--Trip Preface--

We were travelling with a Group of Friends, so we had a total of 10 people. We went to a travel agent who got us discounted tickets to Spain on an unknown charter airline. I tried to look for information, but all we knew was to check in with Alitalia. It was a mystery airline, and I was really excited.

The day finally came and we took a limo to ORD. (It was cheaper than parking) We were dropped off curbside at Terminal Five, the international terminal. We walked in with our 5 suitcases and joined the really long Alitalia line. We talked to some people in line, but the majority were checking in for the flight to Milan. We finally got our boarding passes, which were Alitalia passes. I was assigned a window seat, 15G. We all cleared security and headed to the really far end of the Terminal. to Gate M2, where we waited forever to board the plane. All I saw was a blue tail with stars on it. We boarded the plane, which I could tell that it was an airbus from the door, and the seats in coach were super tight, in a 3x4x3 configuration. The seats were blue cloth, but they were rock hard. Some seats had headphones, some had a pillow, some had a blanket but none had all three. The flight crew were really bitchy when people were asking for them, except for one who was great. The doors were closed, and finally, we were welcomed on AIR PLUS COMET flight 908 with service to Malaga and Madrid. The aircraft was announced as an A310, and flying time was announced as 7 hours and 20 minutes. We took off on time at 6:30pm. They served us this wonderful food though. It was chicken and brocoli and rice with a brownie and salad. They put on wild wild west and we hit terrible turbulance. It was so bad. People were throwing up and it started to smell. They finally served breakfast while it was still dark out but they made sure every light was on. We landed, went through customs and spent a WONDERFUL week in the Costa del Sol.

We had to return, after a 45 minute drive back to AGP to see that the Air Plus Comet desks were not open. We waited and we finally got checked in to see that our flight to Chicago was deleyed. We took off 4 hours late at 4:00pm. This flight was better...the TV broke so we had no movie and the audio was not working. It was very boring. I tried to sleep, but I could not. The flight dragged on. I was one row behind the emergency exit. I wanted to jump up and pull that handle up and get out of this hell hole. They served lunch, and then finally a pre landing snack or a olive-loaf sandwich with mayo. Gross. We landed four hours late and it took FOREVER to get home in the Chicago traffic.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

oh yeah the ORD-AGP plane was EC-HLI and the AGP-ORD was EC-HLA

Next Flights:

Comment

Good Report. I have always wanted to fly the A310
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

I went on the A310 Saturday night at PVD. SATA International. I fueled it lol. Interiors are nice, F/A's are hot .
        Ryan Davis
        Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
        www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
          , F/A's are hot .
          Now that a GOOD perk.

Next Flights:

Comment

ORD-AGP is interesting

I only been on UA from SEA-ORD-FRA-AGP in 2001 and UA/LH SEA-DEN-FRA-AGP 2003 and 2004

How long from AGP-ORD back?

Comment

Sure it was 3-4-3?? The normal seating is 2-4-2. Especially if you were 15G and had a window? I have heard of some charters squeezing 3-3-3 into the Airbus wide body family.

I have flown the A310-300 a few times, with Wardair Canada (YYZ-YOW, YOW-LGW &rtn, YEG-LGW, with Canadian YHZ-YYZ, and with the Canadian Forces YTR-Zagreb and return.
              ________
              Zx14 vs hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
                Sure it was 3-4-3?? The normal seating is 2-4-2. Especially if you were 15G and had a window? I have heard of some charters squeezing 3-3-3 into the Airbus wide body family.

I have flown the A310-300 a few times, with Wardair Canada (YYZ-YOW, YOW-LGW &rtn, YEG-LGW, with Canadian YHZ-YYZ, and with the Canadian Forces YTR-Zagreb and return.
                I'm sorry- it was 3x3x3...I remember it was me and my parents all together then the aisle- so it was three of us.

Thanks for the correction

Next Flights:

Comment

Nice report!

-Pete
                  Pete Ganabathi
                  Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

nice report
                    Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

Working...
                    X