Clear All

• ITH-LGA

FLT# 4881
    AC#N346J
    SDT:9:15
    ADT:9:08
    SAT:10:29
    AAT:10:06

I was going to NYC with My dad for one day and coming back the next morning. My dad was at Columbia University and asked If I wanted to come. This was one day before school statred so my mom wasn't to happy but she allowed me to go. I woke up sunday morning at 7:30 am took a shower and had a coffe. I told my dad not to rush since we were flying out of ITH We got to the airport at about 8:10 and went to the check-in line. There were a few people ahead of us most of them on the flight to PIT. We had seats 2C and 2D. This was my dads second flight in less than a week and one of those flights was coming back from Korea so he was really tired. We left the gate at 9:00 and reached the runway at 9:05. We waited a couple minutes and we were off. The seats on the Saab were okay a little small for a guy my size but it was fine for an hour flight. The FO came over the PA and told us our plan. We were to fly west towrds Albany and than south from there. We were to cruse at about 13,000FT. FA came out and took drink orders. I got another coffe and my dad just had some OJ. After 5 minutes or so our drinks came out on a tray!!! First time I have seen one of those in a while. Flight went well. My dad fell asleep so I just looked out the window and saw some planes in the Distance. I saw a UA737-300 going to ROC, two B1900D CO one was climbing out of Albany the other one I saw was going to I think HPN. We landed at around 10:00 in LGA and had a short Taxi to our gate C(?)6. We got of and I had a great time in NY. Got to see the Mets lose to the Philies which was great and I saw some family. Overall this trip was great.

Comfort: 7/10
    On-time: 10/10
    Service: 10/10
    Price ($200 All time low): 10/10
    Plane: 8/10 (I really hate the saab cause it is so noisy!!!)

Overall 90% A-

Load factor for flight was around 75-80% I would say about 25 people on flight. A little more.

Good review.

I know some people who live in NYC but go to Cornell and take one of those Saab flights often...they hate them!

Comment

I hope they replace them with DH-8 since we won't have anymore after november.

Comment

They are discontinuing the flight?

That sucks!

Comment

No. Since we lost all our PIT flights all our PHL flights are on CRJs. I love the DH-8 so I am hoping AlG comes in on this route.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
            Good review.

I know some people who live in NYC but go to Cornell and take one of those Saab flights often...they hate them!
            Yeah. The only reason we have this flight is because Cornell's Med School is in NYC so there is a lot of back and forth going. The flight on the way back had one seat open due to some one missing their connection but almost 75% of the people on the flight were doing work for Cornell just like my dad.

Comment

Interesting....

Comment

*butts in*

I'm assuming you flew US Express?

It's too bad that US is getting rid of some of their flights to PIT.

Now if I want to go to PIT, I'd have to fly a CRJ!

Fly from Buffalo!

Non-Stop flights to:

JFK, LGA, BOS, PIT, PHL, IAD, DCA, BWI, CLT, PHX, LAS, EWR, ATL, CVG, DTW, MSP, ORD, MDW, MCO, TPA, BDL, ALB, DFW, CLE, FLL, RSW, ROC

Comment

Originally posted by KBUF
                  *butts in*

Better than a B1900D

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                    Originally posted by KBUF
                    *butts in*

Better than a B1900D
                    Good point. I actually saw a US Express jet on the tarmac at BUF WITHOUT WINDOWS!! (That was when I flew BUF-PIT-SAN)

For the record, I used to live in ELM. Not too far from ITH.

Fly from Buffalo!

Non-Stop flights to:

JFK, LGA, BOS, PIT, PHL, IAD, DCA, BWI, CLT, PHX, LAS, EWR, ATL, CVG, DTW, MSP, ORD, MDW, MCO, TPA, BDL, ALB, DFW, CLE, FLL, RSW, ROC

Comment

Nice report!

-Pete
                      Pete Ganabathi
                      Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Working...
                      X