Holguin Cuba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holguin Cuba

Next December, i will go to Holguin (Cuba) with Air Transat. Anyone know if there is a screen in the plane who indicates where's the flight? I think that it is on an A330

There is probably an Airshow but their isnt PTV's.
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

It can also be
      - a 3-Ten or
      - one of the two A320s leased from CDG based sister company Star Airlines during the winter to spring season.
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I understand Holguin to be quite a 'dead' airport, with very little in the way of aircraft movements.

Comment

Few trafic, but some resorts around. A couple of weekly flights from HAV, most of the trafic fueled by European and Canadian operators.
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Depending on what tine of day you at at the airport, it is very quiet. There maybe a few Cubana flights to Havana, but in general, you will only see the aircraft you are departing on ariving. The airport only has 2 gates so can't cater for more than 2 flights at once. I was there in March this year. The viewing terrace is fantastic. I just wish there were more aircraft movements to benefit. Here's a photo of the terminal from airside. I took it as I boarded our TCX A330 flight back to Manchester.

[photoid=346085]

Darren
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Holguin

Dazbo, do u have more pics of Holguin and Holguin airport?

Comment

Like this picture Darren, it reminds me of lots of sub-saharian african terminals.
                Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Thats the only picture I've had accepted of Holguin airport. The other photo I've had accepted was an over wing shot as we pushed back from the terminal. I've posted the link below. I also have a closeup of the Rolls-Royce Trent 700 engine which powered the TCX A330-200 we were on. See the 2nd link below. I have some photo's of a Cubana An24 and a few of the TCX A330-200 I was flying home on, but they weren't accepted due to clutter in the photo's as they were being prepared for onward flights. I've posted small versions of them below. Its a great airport for taking photo's, just wish there was more activity.

[photoid=339343]

[photoid=350322]

1. This is our ride home, TCX A330-243 (G-OJMC) being prepared

2. Aerogaviota ATR42 being refulled for its flight to Havana

3. Boarding our flight home

4. Front section of the aircraft and terminal in the background

Darren

Comment

A little correction, Darren, about the second photo.
                    1: it is not an An-24, it's a ATR-42,
                    2: it's not Cubana, it's Aerogaviota.

regards,
                    Christian

Comment

Thanks Christian, you are correct. I was getting mixed up between that and the Cubana in my wing shot. Thanks for the correction, I've updated the message.

Darren

Comment

No problem, Darren.
                        Holguin and Cuba was such a great place to be for vacation !!
                        (I was there in Jan. and Feb. 2002)

Regards,
                        Christian

Comment

Christian, where did you stay in the Holguin area? I was in Gaurdalavaca at the Paradisus Rio De Ora. It was an excellent hotel and had its own Heliport which brought in supplies for the hotel with a resident Mil-8. I wish I had my proper camera with me, all I had was my point-and-shoot so I couldn't get a decent shot of it. Which airline/aircraft did you fly? We flew to to Cayo Coco first before flying at low level to Holguin (which was excellent, low level flying in an A330 over the cuban jungle!). I noticed in Cayo Coco that quite a few airlines from scandanavia and other parts of europe were using Boeng 757's which I though were a bit on the small side for such a long flight.

Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,
                            I stayed in Guardalavaca, in the Rio de Oro Hotel (maybe the same one?), and we also did a Aerogaviota Mil Mi-8 flight, Guardalavaca to Santiage de Cuba and back again, which was excellent! I have some photos of that journey here at JP.net. Our journey to Cuba was with a Edelweiss Air A330 (HB-IQZ) to Varadero first, and then a low altitude flight along the island to Holguin. That was great, but the view was not too good because it was a little foggy. In Holguin I only saw an Cubana An-24 beside our A330. No other charter aircraft.
                            Regards,
                            Christian

Comment

Christian, looks like we stayed in the same hotel! I didn't fly on the Mil, wish I had of done though.

Darren

Comment

Working...
                              X