AA MCO-STL Flight 1914 Sept, 28TH.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA MCO-STL Flight 1914 Sept, 28TH.

Well....I was orginally supossed to fly back home Sunday morning the 26th, but due to the hurricane they cancelled all flights. The airline told us all flights were cancelled as well on monday. even though the other airlines were flying scheduled flights anytime after 12:00pm (when the airport re-opened). So curious as to why AA cancelled all flights i went online and saw AA was flying 2 MCO-DFW(2 757), 1 MCO-STL (757) 2 MCO-LGA (757) and 3 MCO-ORD (2 757, 1 MD80). Now I know MCO has flights to MIA and others, but why did AA tell us all flights on monday were cancelled? Anyone know why they said that? Well I looked online and saw the 6;39pm flights to STL on the 757 was sold out, so i knew the only way to fly back home was to take the 11:30am flight to STL Tuesday morning. Well....with that in mind, we "enjoyed" our two extra full days of being in florida, and it wasn't exactly fun...having a curfew from 10:00pm saturday until 6:00am monday had us trapped inside our hotel for a long time. But lets move forward to tuesday morning, the day of the flight.

Airline: American Airlines
    Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
    Registered Number: N712TW
    Scheduled Departure: 11:30AM
    Actual Departure: 11:25AM
    Scheduled Arrival: 12:49PM
    Actual Arrival: 12:30PM

Well, tuesday morning came and our family was ready to get the HELL OUT OF FLORIDA!!!! Our family was the last of the TRUDE Family to fly out of Orlando. Everyone else was abel to fly out Monday night, but we got stuck with a tuesday morning flight. Anyway, we left at 8;00am from my aunts house just so anxious to be able to finally get out of orlando. we arrived at the PAYLESS car place at 9:00am and we gathered our stuff and went to the shuttle bus to take us to the American Doors. We go inside and check in using the automatic self check-in. W e walk to the secuirty area. We all go through fine. Then we find the GATES 1-29 rail system as we were departing from gate 16 (again just as we arrived in). Wait a couple of minutes for the rail to come and we board the rail system. Get on and it takes us to the A terminal. We gte off and walk down to the AA gates. I see 3 757( 2 to SJU and 1 to Puerto Rico) and 1 738 (MIA) and an MD80(ORD). With nothign much to do as we had 1 hour and a half left before we started boarding i walked around to the AWA/CO/ATA gates and snapped a couple of pictures. Saw an AWA A319 heading to PHX, a CO 737 to EWR, a CO 757 to IAH, ATA 738 to SJU. Stayed around a little bit. Then walked back to the AA gates where out 757 was landing. I saw it and watched it land, and saw it was coming from St. Louis...imagine that lol. I took note of the reg number, and watched the people get off the plane. My Dad comes up and asks if we can switch seats around as my baby sister had a seat by herself and we couldnt do that. So they said ill see what i can do, and 5 minutes later "Will Michael Trude please come up to gather your new seat tickets" Walked up and mom, my sister and I got seats 9/D/E/F and my dad and brother got 19/B/C. I had an aisle seat but I didn't care right now, I just wanted to GET OUT!!! Happy with our new seats i hurried back and got some fries from Burger King. Ran back just when they started boarding. I was group 4, my parents and everyone else was Group 6, suxs for them haha. I boarded first and sat in 9-D. I noticed how awesome the TWA 757 was. It is SOO MCUH better and cofmier then the AA 757's. The seats were more padded, i noticed we had more room as well. Plus we had the PW Engine and I love flying with those engines. (As wrong as that may sound hehe) Well I sat down and it was a FULLY BOOKED FLIGHT, EVERY SEAT WAS SOLD OUT. Not surprisng considering alot of these people were orginally booked on our sunday flight plus the current one as well. Everyone else boarded as well as my sister and mother and family. I am just sitting there so happy I am finally going back H-O-M-E!!! The pilot came on and said "Hello folks, I know most of you are very anxious to get back to St. Louis and we will try to get to St. Louis as fast as we possibly can! I hope you guys will enjoy the flight. Sit back, enjoy and thank you for flying American Airlines". I thought it was a very nice speech. We back out, and taxi behind the AA MD80 heading to ORD and a NWA DC9 to MEM. We wait, the engines slowly power up.....(it is getting very exciting now) mom and I are holding hands because we are so happy to be finally going back home. Then, the whels starting moving. The 757 starts to jet down the runway and we are picking up speed, faster and faster, with every little bump on the runway being felt. Then the nose starts to lift. As soon as I flet us starting to lift into the heavenly sky mom and I started cheeering......WE ARE GOING HOME!! FINALLY WE ARE NOW OUT OF HERE!!!!!!! Then the wheels leave the runway and we are now out of Orlando Airport!!!!! WAAA HOOO!! We turn right. Then we rise up into the clouds. Then we are out of the clouds. The pilot says "Well folks, just as I promised, we are ahead of schedule, we hope to arive into STL earlier then scheduled. The tv will now be showing CBS EYE ON AMERICAN, flight attendents will start serving the beverages soon, once again thank you for flying American". Perfect!! We level off at 39,000 feet, and smooth sailing all the way back to STL. CBS EYE ON AMERICAN starts shwoing and the F/A gets up to start serving. They get to my row, and asked us what we wanted. I asked for a coke (again a FULL CAN OF COKE!) s well as everyone else on board got a full can. This was a full load as well so i was shocked but maybe for once AA is trying hard to please there customers, if they are its shwoing!! Because I got it on 2/2 all my flights!! When they got done they came to my row and asked if we wanted another bag of pretzels I said no thanks they said are you sure? I said I am good, and thanked him for the service. Mom wanted to move to the aisle so mom and I switched, at last I now get the window seat, I swear no IFE is any better then window!! We really did have smooth sailing all the way! Then we got near CGI and I snapped a picture of it, as we flew over taking pictures of little things that interested me. Finally we started descending with the familiar call of the F/A to return to seats. We take a right turn back into Illinois to line up for a R30R landing. The Arch passing by on the left side of the plane. Flaps go down, wheel comes out. Then back and forth as the wings go up and down up and down trying to straighten out the plane I guess. Then the thump of the gear comes out. My mom's eyes were wide open and I said "that would be the landing gear" She said "Thats nice to hear!!" I laughed she so funny.....anyway. We passed over the threshold and we landed, smoke came out (saw the reflection of the wheels touching the ground with smoke on the engine, very very cool) then engine opened up, reverse spoilers popped up etc etc and man it was VERY loud to hear the thrust reverser! mom's eyes were wide with fear, she says is it SUPOSSED to be that loud!! I said, yea we are right next to the engine and he is slowing down the plane, you DO want to slow down right?" she said "yes but i dont wanna run off the runway!!" ::sigh::, anyway..we slowed down and taxied to gate C-24. We landed 20 minutes early almost!! We even had to wait for a gate. an MD80 just pulled out and the gate was still at MD80 level, they had to raise the gate to meet the 757 door. So we waited for that, and then finally pulled up. WE WERE FINALLY HOME!!! YEAH BABY!! We got off the plane, met my dad and brother in bagge claim. my bag came out first lol. waited for everyone else, and then we met the shuttle to take us back to the car. we finally started our 2 hour drive back home! Man it feels so good to come home.
    I am already looking up flights on AA to BWI lol

Questions? comments? put 'em here!!
    Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Great Report

One thing though:

I see 3 757( 2 to SJU and 1 to Puerto Rico)
    Hmm... when I went to San Juan 2 years ago, I truly thought I went to Puerto Rico.
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Very Nice! AA sounds like a good airline, I should give them a try sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
        Great Report

One thing though:

I see 3 757( 2 to SJU and 1 to Puerto Rico)
        Hmm... when I went to San Juan 2 years ago, I truly thought I went to Puerto Rico.
        lol I totally messed that up!!! 2 went to SJU one contiuing to SXM, the other 757 was heading to MIA I think.

Alex

Comment

Good report Alex!!

I know exactly what it feels like to land back home!!!

Feels awesome, doesn't it!!

-Pete
          Pete Ganabathi
          Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Originally posted by NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
            Good report Alex!!

I know exactly what it feels like to land back home!!!

Feels awesome, doesn't it!!

-Pete
            Thanks Pete!! I know the feeling was so amazing to actually land back home. I mean don't get me wrong I had a blast with all of my family in Orlando and wouldn't hesitate to hang with them all again (which i will be doing when I fly to Baltimore ) but being trapped in the hotel for almost 2 days with nothing to do but hang with family got...well BORING. So it was nice to fly back home. Seeing all of my freinds again and such.

Alex

Comment

Re:

Hey Alex, great review! Still waiting for the chance to fly in a 752 lol. Sounds like a nice jet!

Foxtrot

Comment

Working...
              X