• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW / PDX - MSP / MSP - PDX

Thursday, September 23, 2004
    NW Flight 598
    PDX - MSP
    B757-200

Although this flight was only a few days after the "new" security screening process took effect there was no line and no waiting to get through security.

Boarding and departure was on time, with a scheduled departure of 2:20PM PDT. A choice of sandwiches were available for the meal, and soft drinks were provided in the can. The first half of the flight was through good weather and calm conditions, but the second half of the flight we were above a thick cloud layer with some spells of turbulence. The weather at MSP was calm with scattered clouds as we were landing, but I later learned that some severe thunderstorms had passed through the Twin Cities a few hours before our arrival.

I would rate the overall service on this flight as excellent.

Since I was in an aisle seat I didn't take any pictures during this flight but I did get a picture of our 757 at the gate before we boarded.

Saturday, September 25, 2004
    NW Flight 593
    MSP - PDX
    B757-200

Once again the wait at security in MSP was short.

Boarding and departure was on time, with a scheduled departure of 11:30AM CDT. Once again a choice of sandwiches were available for the meal, and soft drinks were provided in the can. This was one of those flights where there was not a cloud in the sky the entire flight and it was completely smooth the entire flight. We had a cockpit crew who took advantage of the clear day and frequently got on the PA system to point out various sites along our route. This is something I always enjoy, but unfortunately does not seem to happen much these days.

Again I would rate the overall service as excellent.

I was able to get a window seat on this flight and I took many pictures.

These are a couple pictures of the line-up behind us as we were turning onto the runway.

We got a great view of downtown Minneapolis.

Somewhere over western Minnesota

Over eastern Montana, looking to the Yellowstone River

Over far western Montana

A good view of Pendleton, OR with the Pendleton airport on the right side of the photo.

A good view of The Dalles, OR and the Columbia River.

A good view of Mt Adams and Mt Rainier

We also got a great view of Mount St Helens, not knowing at the time that this mountain was beginning to come to life!

Thrust revers in action at PDX!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Great report Can't wait to try NW.
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Re:

Awesome pics and review!

Happy Flying!

Comment

Nice report!

-Pete
        Pete Ganabathi
        Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal