Which airline to fly to Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which airline to fly to Denver?

Which airline should I fly to Los Angeles from Denver when I come over there this December from NZ? I currently am planning to fly Frontier as they have that Direct TV thing on their A319s and it'd be nice to fly something besides a 737 which are the main short haul jets here in NZ.

frontier is my first choice in/out of denver.
    there aren't too many carriers to pick from. off the top of my head, i can only think of 3...frontier, american, united.
    www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

I would say Frontier. Since they are smaller, they are more like a family during flight. and Hey, of course Directv!
      UNITED-You're not just flying, you're flying the friendly skies.

Comment

Do you have to pay for Direct TV on Frontier or is it free like Jetblue.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
        Do you have to pay for Direct TV on Frontier or is it free like Jetblue.
        5 dollars...but if you do not pay, the airshow stays on the entire time. You usually get it free until after takeoff.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
        October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Frontier is an excellent choice!!

-Pete
          Pete Ganabathi
          Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

I also highly recommend Frontier as a first choice, although the others wouldn't be bad to fly on either.
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I'd try to get onto one of UA's 763s. No PTVs, but widebody.
              DELTA- Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

Comment

Originally posted by UA755
                I'd try to get onto one of UA's 763s. No PTVs, but widebody.
                I'm sure he'll see enough widebody on his trip over from NZ.

Anyway, I'd definately go with Frontier. They're a unique and great airline, and its not everyday somebody from as far as NZ has the oppurtunity to fly on them.
                www.acairport.com

Comment

Go with Frontier. I flew them this year MDW-DEN-LAX-DEN-MDW and they had excellent service, super clean planes, and DirecTV. It was great! Go with Frontier and you won't be disapointed.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                  October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

I would go with Frontier cause their planes look GREAT!!!! Who wants to look at an airline's logo on a winglet for 3 hours? The animals are great. Oh also the Direct TV. Wouldn't matter mucher since it is like an hour flight.

Comment

Looks like I may not be flying Frontier anymore . Their online booking system only accepts credit cards issued by a US bank and their telephone reservations say they can only hold seats for us and then we pay for them over there for seven days. That sucks.

Hopefully there will still be some seats available nearer the time but being ski season and all its unlikely.

Comment

See if you could book through a travel agent, perhaps? I've booked intra-European flights with my US credit card before with absolutely no problems. Wierd.

Mike
                        Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
                        lp.org

Comment

What about UAL 772ER with PTV to Denver from your place?

Comment

UA because you can bank United miles into NZ's FF program, or vice versa. Fly Frontier if you really want to add another type to your list of AC flown, but if you care about FF miles, UA might be a better choice. Also, as others have said, no free DirecTV like B6, but if you get the right flight on UA, you'll get PTV, free! You might have to use your own head phones though

Oh, and Channel 9 makes for an interesting flight if the pilot turns it on. Channel 9 is the audio channel which allows you to listen to the radio transmissions the pilots make.

Comment

• Working...
                              X