No announcement yet.

Flying on Black Wednesday- Chicago to Philly

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flying on Black Wednesday- Chicago to Philly

    We left our house at about 6:00am CDT expecting a clear drive to Chicago Midway. We got stuck in traffic, but we finally in the long-term parking lot around 7:30am CDT. We took the free shuttle bus to the terminal. We headed upstairs and to my surprise, it was not bad at all!

    We headed to a Southwest Airlines Rapid-Check In Kiosk. It was so easy, we also used it to check bags. It printed my boarding passes and there was an error message, but it was quickly fixed and our bags were tagged to PHL. We brought our bags to the TSA screener, and somebody from airline was there! The lady who helped the soccer team go through MDW! She said to me "I don't like to talk about it!" and started laughing. She wished us a good flight and we headed downstairs into a massive horde of people trying to get through MDW security. Took about 25 minutes, I had no idea that there were 9 metal dectors at MDW.

    We headed down the B concourse to Gate B18. I passed by Gate B2. Looking at the information screen, it said it was the 6:30am flight to Philadelphia had not even borded yet! I pulled out my cell, it was 8:00am. I got to B18 and behold, flight 1919 was deleyed until 10:00am. It routes MCI-STL-MDW-PHL and due to snow in Kansas City, it was deleyed. I walked around and bought an overpriced magazine and some overpriced gum and waited. The plane landed and it was turned around in 15 minutes! I boarded with group B and sat in 12F.

    Southwest Airlines flight 1919
    Chicago Midway (MDW) to Philadelphia (PHL)
    Scheduled Departure: 9:15am
    Actual Departure: 10:20am
    Scheduled Arrival: 12:15pm
    Actual Arrival: 1:20pm
    Boeing 737-300, N324SW
    Depature Gate: B18
    Arrival Gate: E8
    Flight Time: 2 hours 2 minutes

    This was an older 737-300, it had the new interior. I made myself comfy in the right side emergency exit. It was great, there was no seat in front of me, it was great being 6'2".

    The pilot said it would be pretty bumpy, and we had a super rough takeoff. Out of the two hours in flight (PHL ATC put us in a hold) probably 30 minutes were smooth. They never turned the fasten seat belt indicator light off, and they had to stop and restart drink service about 6 times. They served us cookies and drinks. No full can today

    We landed late in Philadelphia, and I saw a TON of US Airways and US Airways Express. We parked at gate E8 in the Terminal E and deplaned quickly. My uncle met us at security and we went to baggage claim and then to their house in New Jersey.

    Return Will Follow, im still in New Jersey!
    Happy Thanksgiving all!

    Next Flights:

    October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

  • #2
    Great report And Happy Thanksgiving
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven


    • #3
      Great report Pat!
      Sounds like you had a great trip, I am looking forward to the return report.
      UNITED-You're not just flying, you're flying the friendly skies.


    • #4
      Originally posted by FrontierFlyer
      Great report Pat!
      Sounds like you had a great trip, I am looking forward to the return report.
      Awesome. I'll send you a text message once im in Chicago with the reg on Sunday.

      Next Flights:

      October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
      October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW


      • #5
        Nice Report!
        - The baby will be back -


        • #6
          very nice report




          • Working...