Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOB-DFW-LIT (return flight)

Okay.....here's the return trip.

It's not as long because not as much happened. lol.

November 27
    MOB-DFW
    Delta Flt# 4316 (Operated by ASA)
    Seat Assignment: 12B
    Dep: 6:45a Arr: 8:36a
    Aircraft: CRJ---Reg# 846

Here's a shot I took of it on my PDA at MOB. (MOB has great windows for pictures, although the lights in this picture made a huge glare on the window )

The plane didn't move from that spot for boarding. I was surprised because I would have though MOB would have the bridge extension thing that lets the jet bridges connect to RJs, especially since they get a lot of RJs. Oh well. They didn't start boarding until around 6:40, which I thought was odd because usually they start boarding 20-30 minutes before the scheduled departure. And once we got on the plane, there was another delay, but it couldn't really be helped. Supposedly the security line was extremely long and there were some passengers still in it. And then there was a passenger in a wheel chair that couldn't climb the stairs to get in to the plane so they had to get a elevator type thing for that person.
    We then pushed back and started our taxi. But then the pilot said the tower wouldn't release us for another 20 minutes, so we sat on the tarmac for another 20-30 minutes. I'm really not sure why though. It's not like MOB was buzzing with activity that early. I only saw one other jet moving around during the duration of our wait.
    But the flight attendent was great. Barbara was her name I believe. She passed out bottled water during the wait and came and talked to everyone a little bit. She really talked to the people in row 14. I guess she felt sorry for them since they were in the back of the plane. After our wait, we finally took off and were airborne.
    The flight was very turbulent as we flew through storms over (I'm guessing) Louisiana. We didn't make up any time because of the storms and so we arrived 20 or 30 minutes late. Of course we arrived at the satelite terminal. There was a lot of DL RJs all around the terminal. I couldn't help but think what would happen to the terminal once Delta de-hubs Dallas. Anyway, I deplaned and made my way to my connecting gate.

DFW-LIT
    Delta Flt#- 6355 (Operated by Chautauqua(sp))
    Seat Assignment: 8B
    Dep: 9:40a Arr: 10:52a
    Aircraft: ERJ-145
    This was the only plane on my trip that I didn't get the reg# of the plane or a picture of it. This plane was also the only plane on my trip that was in DL's ribbon livery.

This flight was pretty un eventful. I noticed that it was the only flight on my trip that had any empty seats. I think it had 4 or 5 empty seats. I'm positive that my flights to ATL and MOB were full, not sure about my flight to DFW, although I believe it was full. Incidentally, this flight was delayed from leaving for a few minutes because there was another passenger that needed the wheel chair elevator for this flight.

I've heard that Chautauqua is one of the best regional carriers, and of course during their pre-flight annoucement (which were recorded), they said that they were the regional airline of 2004. This flight didn't make me agree or disagree with that title. The service was fine, nothing special. The flight was short however so maybe during a longer flight you could really distinguish between their service and somebody elses.

Arrvial in Little Rock was only a few minutes late. Originally, the F/A thought he was just going to open the door, lower the stairs, and let us out. Everybody was standing up to get their stuff and leave when the F/A comes down the aisle and tells everyone to sit down. Then I hear the bell/siren type thing that comes on when a jetbridge is moving. So it turned out we were in fact going to connect to the jetbridge. I wasn't sure that they could do that, since the plane had the stairs attached. But they did it anyway.

I made my way to the baggage carousels for a small surprise. When I left, the airport still had make-shift construction walls around 2 of the new baggage carousels. But now the walls were gone. They look really nice and are a lot faster compared to the old black conveyor-belt type of carousel that was there. The lost baggage offices had also just opened. I don't even think a majority of the airlines had moved in to the offices yet. (Luckily I didn't need the offices)

Overall, my flight experience was good. (Not counting the weather problem that happened on my way down, but that couldn't have been helped.) The service was good. The only problem I encountered were delays. They weren't all Delta's fault, but it seems like in the cases of the wheel chair passengers, they could have been more prepared and timely when delivering them to the aircraft.

But anyway, overall......good job Delta.
    Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
    ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

I can shed some light on the wheelchair delays...If a pasenger advises us when they make a reservation that they require wheelchair assistance and they are flying on a DL Connection flight we ask that they arrive to the gate before boarding starts so the gate agent can make arrangements for preboarding, and alert the ramp that a pasenger needs special assistance...Unfortunately with all the internet bookings and the folks who call on the phone and think they are talking to the psychic friends network and dont need to tell us anything as we can read their mind (anyone who has worked with customer contact knows this problem) we are not always advised in advance that a customer needs wheelchair assistance...

As for the reg on your DFW-LIT flight I will see if I can get that for ya - we dont keep records of the DL Connection flights but I know a few ASA gate agents who may be able to look it up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer
      I can shed some light on the wheelchair delays...If a pasenger advises us when they make a reservation that they require wheelchair assistance and they are flying on a DL Connection flight we ask that they arrive to the gate before boarding starts so the gate agent can make arrangements for preboarding, and alert the ramp that a pasenger needs special assistance...Unfortunately with all the internet bookings and the folks who call on the phone and think they are talking to the psychic friends network and dont need to tell us anything as we can read their mind (anyone who has worked with customer contact knows this problem) we are not always advised in advance that a customer needs wheelchair assistance...
      Oh okay. That makes more sense. Thanks for the explanation.
      ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Great Report

I had to travel by plane once while on crutches, and its not easy getting in and out of a 207 while on crutches :P
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

good report!

Comment

nice report
            - The baby will be back -

Comment

nice report..

The flight was very turbulent as we flew through storms over (I'm guessing) Louisiana. We didn't make up any time because of the storms and so we arrived 20 or 30 minutes late.
              this is probably the cause of your ATC delay
              He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

Re:

Nice review.

The Embraer jets don't need the jetway extension for docking. All CRJ's do however. Then again, when Great Plains was using the west concourse at OKC, strangely enough, the 328's did not have the jetway docked to them.

Foxtrot

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Foxtrot
                  Nice review.

The Embraer jets don't need the jetway extension for docking. All CRJ's do however. Then again, when Great Plains was using the west concourse at OKC, strangely enough, the 328's did not have the jetway docked to them.

Foxtrot
                  They did use the extension for the ERJ though, I presume because the plane had stairs and they had to go over the stairs.

Comment

sorry bud, I was unable to get the registration for ya, the few ASA folks I know at DFW have already been let go on their seperation packages..
                    Another 43flights gone effective today...the sattelite concourse is getting pretty lonely...

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer
                      sorry bud, I was unable to get the registration for ya, the few ASA folks I know at DFW have already been let go on their seperation packages..
                      Another 43flights gone effective today...the sattelite concourse is getting pretty lonely...
                      Oh that's fine that you couldn't get it. Thanks for offering.

Does anybody at DFW know who is moving in those sattelite gates? (if anyone is?)

Comment

MOB-DFW-LIT (return flight)

Originally posted by Jbrewster1012
                        Does anybody at DFW know who is moving in those sattelite gates? (if anyone is?)
                        Well, I'm neither from DFW nor do I work there, but what is pretty certain is that jetways will be once again installed at the satellite. Planes at that satellite are limited to narrowbodies up to the 73G/319 I believe, so it would be ideal for FL's 717s, but I doubt anyone would really want that satellite instead of a main terminal gate. Sooner or later, I'd expcet DFW airport trying to move all airlines out of B to E, so that AA can have A-D all for themselves (except for int'ls at D).

-Colin

Comment

Re: MOB-DFW-LIT (return flight)

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                          Well, I'm neither from DFW nor do I work there, but what is pretty certain is that jetways will be once again installed at the satellite. Planes at that satellite are limited to narrowbodies up to the 73G/319 I believe, so it would be ideal for FL's 717s, but I doubt anyone would really want that satellite instead of a main terminal gate. Sooner or later, I'd expcet DFW airport trying to move all airlines out of B to E, so that AA can have A-D all for themselves (except for int'ls at D).

-Colin
                          You know something? If all domestic carriers currently housed in B are moved to E, their commuter lines could use the E satellite. Everything's already in place-the walkways, concessions and everything else. So Northwest Jetlink and others could use the satellite, even if jetways are re-installed. That would also provide for better load distribution and you wouldn't have to put everything in Terminal E. That would also allow some empty gates for any airline that would wanna expand. Just my idea anyway.

Foxtrot

Comment

Re: MOB-DFW-LIT (return flight)

Originally posted by Foxtrot
                            Originally posted by DAL767-400ER

-Colin
                            You know something? If all domestic carriers currently housed in B are moved to E, their commuter lines could use the E satellite. Everything's already in place-the walkways, concessions and everything else. So Northwest Jetlink and others could use the satellite, even if jetways are re-installed. That would also provide for better load distribution and you wouldn't have to put everything in Terminal E. That would also allow some empty gates for any airline that would wanna expand. Just my idea anyway.

Foxtrot
                            That would indeed make sense, but most airlines rather keep all flights, be it mainline or partner, at the same gates. Plus, commuter operations are rather limited by non-AA carriers at DFW. DL won't have any left, CO/NW have flights, HP might have, but all others not AFAIK. DFW is pretty much mainline-served.

-Colin

Comment

How many gates will DL have left at DFW? (I assume they'll still be in the E terminal).

Comment

Working...
                              X