PHL-MDW on Southwest (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHL-MDW on Southwest (pics)

About 10:30am we left my uncles house in Moorestown, NJ. It took us about 20 minutes and he dropped us off in front of Terminal E. It was black out, heavy rain, and thick fog. We went inside the terminal, and there were no people in line for Southwest. We checked in, and our flight was still shown as on time. I looked out the window, the rain was getting heavier. Oh well. Our bags were checked in by a very friendly agent. We were given C Boarding Cards. We were there two hours before, we should of checked in online...oh well.

We went up the escalator to a short security line. It was cleared no probelm. We made our way to the gate E8
    Note: I have no idea who that guy is. He seemed to look at me right when I took the picture.

It began to clear up outside. That was good. Our plane had arrived as was docked at the jetway and ready to go.
    The gate agent made an announcement that flight 1932 to Chicago will be boarding in 20 minutes. I sat down and heard a loud whooping sound. The fire alarm was going off. I thought we would have to evacuate the terminal, but every agent at every gate was making annoucements that it was only a false alarm. It was sounding for about 35 minutes. I wonder why they would never turn it off before...

I boarded with the C group. My dad sat up front and I sat at the last window seat in the last row with my mom. I wanted to sit alone, but she just kept following me down the aisle. Heres the logo on the bulkhead I was up against

Here is a picture of the cabin as we were boarding

We pushed back and headed to the runway, and took off. It was a bumpy climbout, but it was clearing up outside and there were some cool clouds

Other than that, the flight was unevenful. They gave us Ritz Crackers and drinks. I had an orange juice. No full can. We had a f/a that I remember ed from when I flew MDW-MCI! The one who served me and my mom was a bitch. Oh well.

About 2 hours later, the fasten seat belt sign was turned on and we were cleared for landing in Chicago.

We landed early at deplaned at Gate B11.

I have a three minute landing video of MDW. If anybody wants to see, PM me, E-Mail [email protected], or AIM patrickMDW.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

PHL-MDW on Southwest (pics)

Nice report. As a side, you had a good timing when you caught the guy to the far right in the first pic "digging for gold", to be politely .

-Colin

Comment

Great report Love the pics.
      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

thanks for the report and pics
        He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

nice report and pics!
          - The baby will be back -

Comment

Nice job...like the pics.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

NICE job patrick, interesting trip report, I love that picture with the random man, and the other pic of that hotty in the aisle
              Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

I must say that PHL is THE best airport ever.

On my 15th birthday in June of this year, I took a trip down there on WN (alone ) and walked around the whole airport taking pictures and stuff. I had SOOOO much fun.

Comment

Sounds like an awesome trip! Always love pics to go along with them!

P.S. ... how was your trip to Philly/Jersey?
                  www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
                    Sounds like an awesome trip! Always love pics to go along with them!

P.S. ... how was your trip to Philly/Jersey?
                    Matt, the trip was great. We had a great time with family and eating lots of food, we were in Philadelphia for two days and we did all the typical historical/touristy stuff to do. We also got really good cheesesteaks from Pat's. Thanks with all you help with getting around via public transportation, but we ended up with driving and the SEPTA. Thanks though

Everybody else, thank you for your warm comments! They are appreciated.

I still have the landing video avialible.

[email protected]

or use my AIM or MSN ones below.

Next Flights:

Comment

Great TR!!
                      The video was awesome too anyone thats thinking about watching it should.
                      UNITED-You're not just flying, you're flying the friendly skies.

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
                      nice report and pics!
                      Thanks....I like your signature picture

Next Flights:

Comment

Great report. I admit if it was me it would feel weird for me to fly to PHL, on Southwest knowing a year ago this would have been laughed at "Hey im flying to PHL ON SOUTHWEST!!" anyways great pics, enjoyed them. I gotta stop reading Southwest reports, they make me so addicted in wanting to fly them again ugh..

Alex
                        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Funny, I like to sit by my mom when we fly- she loves to fly. My dad snores because he naps on planes, so we stay away from him.....

O yeah, great report,
                          Jake S.

"There are regular people; and then there are us aviators..."
                          Join the battle- [6thPIR] - Call of Duty/United Offensive {"The Worst Soldier" (1st Battalion)} & {Jake (2nd Battalion)}

Comment

Nice report!

Originally posted by fly1346
                            NICE job patrick, interesting trip report, I love that picture with the random man, and the other pic of that hotty in the aisle

NOOR would beat ur ass if she saw that comment .... lol
                            ***My Blog***

Comment

• Working...
                              X