ATL-LAS on Airtran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATL-LAS on Airtran

Had a friend invite me to go to LAS with him, got to skip a day of school...and what fun it was too

Airtran Airways Flight 9
    Operated by Ryan International
    Depart ATL Gate C-17 9:15 PM
    Arrive LAS 10:48 PM

I did my normal thing at school that day, came home and did some stuff and left for my friends house at 5:20. I got there and we left fairly quickly at 6. We met his mom at her office and conyers, and then going on to ATL from there. It was then we realized his dad and sister didnt have their tickets. Living all the way back in Snellville......a good 30 minute drive away. Luckily his mom had our tickets so we went on to the airport. We got there about 7:15 or so and parked in daily parking. We went in up the escalator to the Terminal South Check in desks. We were met with a very short line and we checked our bags in about 2 minutes. After being asked if our bags had weapons or explosives in them (yeah if I had em I'd tell you) Then it was off to security. We waited 5 minutes tops..then it was on to the train. We got on and debated over where to eat dinner. My friend wanted the popeyes right next our gate, his mom and I wanted Chilis on Concourse D. 2 to 1...so we stay on until concourse D. We go up and eat our food (they wouldnt cook my burger rare )....we ate and rode back to concourse C and met his dad and sister at the gate....Our plane was there and I managed to catch the reg in the dark N951LF (this will come back in to play on my return leg) At 8:40 we started boarding. We were assigned seats 15 D and F...his mom was one row in front...his sister and dad near the back. Then a couple gets on, the mans wife is in the middle. I'm offered $20 to switch seats (watch what I do with it after I get to Vegas)....and I'm like....YEAH...so I move back to seat 19D, thank god still an isle, and his dad ans sister 2 rows behind me. I waited to see if there were any open seats for my friend to sit near...but no luck, it was 100% full. We departed on time from runway 26L on one of the best takeoffs I've ever had. It was uneventful, and I still hadn't set my watch back yet, so I'm still on Eastern Time. At 10:00 they came with drinks and the oh so lovable biscoffs . I ate mine and then listened to Blue collar Comedy tour for a while. After a quick 20 minute nap I set my watch back to Pacific Time. At 9:45 they came around with drinks. Probably 15 minutes or so later, we started descent which was nice and choppy just the way I like it. It was total darkness, and then just as I'm wondering when we'll get there, and then BOOM there's the Vegas Strip. Vegas at night was the best approach ever, an incredible sight to see. Landing was smooth (sorry no runway), where we parked next to a Spirit MD-80. We disembarked, and got our luggage, and it was off to the Aladdin Hotel.

now about my $20, I gave it to my friends dad to bet on Georgia that weekend against LSU.....hey I doubled my money on top of the $300 my parents gave me to spend......I'll post my return leg tomorrow[/b]

Nice Report!
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Nice report.

I went to LAS earlier this year, and like you mentioned, the approach is great at night!
      Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
      ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrewster1012
        Nice report.

I went to LAS earlier this year, and like you mentioned, the approach is great at night!
        Fully agree
        Btw nice report, interesting circumstances
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I flew on N381LF when I flew AirTran (opb Ryan Int'l) back in April:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 2005 is currently planned for April 10-14, 2005. The flights will be on Frontier this time instead of on AirTran like I had planned to do originally. A quick check on SideStep showed that the earliest nonstop to and from Vegas on AirTran would be around $2 cheaper than taking Frontier. Sure the F9 flight leaves ATL @ 6:30 in the morning, but since my work hours are already that early, it's not a problem, plus I don't mind getting to Vegas midmorning, just means more time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 2005 is currently planned for April 10-14, 2005. The flights will be on Frontier this time instead of on AirTran like I had planned to do originally. A quick check on SideStep showed that the earliest nonstop to and from Vegas on AirTran would be around $2 cheaper than taking Frontier. Sure the F9 flight leaves ATL @ 6:30 in the morning, but since my work hours are already that early, it's not a problem, plus I don't mind getting to Vegas midmorning, just means more time to play!
            gotta do Manhattan express and speed the ride....best coasters in vegas

Comment

Originally posted by N776AU
              Originally posted by srbmod

gotta do Manhattan express and speed the ride....best coasters in vegas
              Rode them when I was in Vegas back in April, as well as Canyon Blaster @ Circus Circus. Manhattan Express rules, Speed the Ride was a ripoff ($10 for such a short ride is a ripoff!), I did the Big Shot instead of the High Roller @ Stratosphere. I couldn't go to Vegas without riding any coasters, come on, there's more to Vegas than gambling

Comment

Working...
              X