SXM March 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SXM March 2005

Well its 100% now staying at the Royal Palm in Simpson Bay March 2-11, 2005. 3rd time in 3 years, God I love this place and for soooooooooooooooooooo many more reasons than Maho Beach and plane spotting. So everyone hope for US Airways to last through the middle of March. And yes I will post a trip report about this trip, unlike the CMH to CHS in September.

Re: SXM March 2005

Originally posted by kcmh
    So everyone hope for US Airways to last through the middle of March.
    Congrats...but lets hope US Airways will last until June. I'm booked to fly them from PHF-CLT-SXM and back the same way, spending the week a the Pelican Resort. I looked at some pictures from friends today and it looks like a blast. Have a good trip!
    GO SIOUX

Comment

I wouldn't bank on US making it that long. I have talked to several people very close to the industry who don't expect them to make it through the end of January.

I booked my next SXM trip on Delta via ATL, as they were offering F class from LAS for $70 less than the coach fare. Those fares have all but disappeared though.
      Trump is an idiot!
      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
        I wouldn't bank on US making it that long. I have talked to several people very close to the industry who don't expect them to make it through the end of January.

I booked my next SXM trip on Delta via ATL, as they were offering F class from LAS for $70 less than the coach fare. Those fares have all but disappeared though.
        Chris,

Please don't crush my hopes.
        Trust me I know they leave forever soon.

Comment

Well by the looks of this forum people are still buying tickets from them. I am flying US in 2 weeks, FLL-PHL-SYR. I paid $500 to fly that. My return is in mid feb and even though Delta was $75 cheaper I still bought my ticket from US cause I KNOW they will be here then.

Comment

Darn it, Chris! I have reservations on them in February!

And yes I will post a trip report about this trip, unlike the CMH to CHS in September.
            You should post a report of that trip too!

Comment

A little side note on US- I was browsing online today for flights from SYR-MIA this February. AA, NW, and UA were almost all booked out for the month. US however had seats open almost every day. Could it be that many passengers are afraid of booking on US?

Also, what if you book a US Airways code sharte flight through United? If US went under, would UAL put you on one of their flights?
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

And yes I will post a trip report about this trip, unlike the CMH to CHS in September.
                and pics too, I hope. [/quote]
                - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by PHF2ATL
                  So everyone hope for US Airways to last through the middle of March.
                  Congrats...but lets hope US Airways will last until June. I'm booked to fly them from PHF-CLT-SXM and back the same way, spending the week a the Pelican Resort. I looked at some pictures from friends today and it looks like a blast. Have a good trip!
                  WTF , US Airways not gonna live forever?? hate to see them gone. *sobs*
                  Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Any suggestions on good accomodation on SXM?

Comment

yeah I have lots of idea's. Wanna stay near the airport? or near the capital Phillipsburg or stay on the French side. Wanna spend lots of cash or just a little? right now is high season there so it is about 100 buks (US$) for expensive. P.M me and Ill give you all the info you want

Comment

Awesome! We may go back over our Spring Break, which would be pretty cool, but we're not sure as of now.

AJ- The La Terrasse & Sonesta Maho Beach Resort looked to be nice & were right by the airport. I'm not sure of any other hotels on the island, because when we searched for our trip, we wanted to stay on Maho & focused on that. We stayed at the Caravanserai & it was really nice, but the people weren't. If you'd stay there, do so at your own risk...

I didn't get to see too much of the hotel kcmh will be staying at, but it looked pretty nice on the outside the times we drove by it. IMO, the Dutch side is the place to stay, for reasons other than Maho Beach. It didn't seem like there was too much to do on the French side, although going to Marigot & driving around the French side makes a good day trip...we did it.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

US Air changed flights on me.

US Airways changed my flights on me for this trip not a big deal, and I really dont care, as long as they stay in the air. Looks like my flight from CLT to PIT is now on a 767-200ER whooooope have not got a chance to ride on of these.

Comment

looks like US Air will be ok for a while after March 11th I could care less what happens to them!!!!!!!!!!!

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Comment

Working...
                            X