Clear All

• BRU-ATL-BRU on DL in BE w/Pics

hey,

next week i will be flying again between BRU and ATL

my dad used his AF miles for a BE roundtrip

here is my itin.

2/1/2005 BRU-ATL DL 125 10:35-14:35 B763ER C 5C
    6/1/2005 ATL-BRU DL 124 17:55-8:30+1 B763ER C 5C

i am hoping to get one of the following regs.
    N185DN
    N188DN
    N394DL
    all other A/C with the old C/S

i am not hoping to be on
    N152DL
    N1602
    N1201P
    any ex-Gulf version

pics will be found here
    Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Good for you!!!

Always you should to fly with Delta on Business Elite Class and if you will have to watch with their airshow moving map and watch with alot of the movies onboard with the flights. When you can return from the trip and please write down on the trip reports.

Comment

i wil post this trip as soon as i finished my LON trip

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

Originally posted by Airfrancefan
        i am not hoping to be on
        N152DL
        N1602
        N1201P
        any ex-Gulf version
        may i ask, why not on these?
        Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
        - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
          may i ask, why not on these?
          His not wanting to go on N152DL may have something to do with the fact that that plane has an extra pair of exit doors toward the front of the cabin.

[photoid=356520]

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaRules
            His not wanting to go on N152DL may have something to do with the fact that that plane has an extra pair of exit doors toward the front of the cabin.

[photoid=356520]

DeltaRules
            ....What difference does that make?
            Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
            ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrewster1012
              ....What difference does that make?
              I was talking about the configuration of the plane, figuring there would be a few less BE seats...guess that really doesn't make a difference though.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Oh ok. I hadn't thought of that.
                Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

i have already been on N152DL,N1602 and N1201P

this trip i was on N394DL and N1604R

Comment

hello,
                    i am terribly sorry about the delay this was because my PC crashed and then i did this trip itself and i had to finish my trip to London

i woke up at 5:15

well before leaving my house i looked online and saw that the arriving flight (DL 124) was 30 mins early (7:55 i.o 8:30)

we left our house at 6:30 and 1 hour later whe arrived in BRU

BRU haves two check in halls the main hall (rows 1-10) and the charter hall (11-13)
                    DL check in was today in row 11
                    before entering the charter hall whe met a big line one minute later i looked to how long this line was

actually this big line was for COs flight to EWR leaving at 9:35 so there where 8 empty lines for DLs to flights (JFK at 11:10,ATL at 10:35) after being asked the usual questions i checked in i always liked the DL staff at BRU and today there was no exeption (if there is any DL BRU staff reading this keep it up like that)
                    here is a conversation between the check in lady and me

me: hello
                    check in lady (CIL):good-morning
                    me: is the flight full today
                    CIL: yes it is
                    Me: is this your new position here i.o row 6
                    CIL: whe are only sitting here because whe had some problems back there it could be possible that whe are sitting back there tomorrow
                    Me: ok
                    CIL: could you fill in right here who is picking you up in ATL today and here is an entry-card
                    Me: thank you
                    CIL: you have and aisle seat you are sure you want sit there
                    Me: yes,please I love to move around on the plane during the flight
                    CIL: ok I will give you your pre-assinged seat, just go back to the ticketing desk and they will give you your BP,thank you for flying DL hope you enjoy your flight
                    Me: I sure will,thank you and a happy new year
                    CIL: youre welcome, the same for you

So off whe went to the ticketing desk and the BGS desk
                    It was 8:35 by then and whe went to thru passport control
                    And went shopping I could see from far that my A/C had the old colours

DL uses the BA lounge in BRU so we went there for 20mins

At 9:10 we went thru security and I went planespotting I saw

Euro Atlantic airways L1011-500 CS-….
                    SN A330-300 OO-SFO/SFN to Africa
                    TUI B737-800 OO-VAS to Antalya
                    Then I approached my planes tail number it had 4 digits and I feared that it was N1602 or N1201P but after that I noticed it was N394DL
                    At 9:20 we past thru the US flights security after that I saw

Delta 2xB767-300ER (N394DL,N175DN) to ATL and JFK
                    AA 2x B767-300ER to ORD and JFK
                    CO B767-400 to EWR

At 9:35 I preboarded the plane

SU 2/1/2005
                    Airline+flight#: Delta 125
                    Type+Registration: Boeing 767-324ER N394DL
                    Cabin+seat: Business Elite 5C Aisle
                    To: Atlanta E33 14:35 GMT-5 8L KATL/ATL
                    Pushback: 10:35
                    Start Taxi: 10:39
                    Takeoff : 10:49
                    Landed: 14:35
                    At Gate: 14:42
                    CPT: MR Tim …
                    Load factor in BE: 100%
                    Flight Time: 10hrs 7mins
                    Slept: 0hrs 0mins

As the first onboard I watched the entire BE cabin fill up but 5E stayed empty until the boarding door was ready to close by then Menus where given to us and I have already put on my socks the Captain hand greeted us personally (wow) and whe started taxing while the safety demo was playing 10 mins later we rolled down the runway

The route today was leaving the belgain coast torwards London and then went until Gander strait to the west we had headwinds up to 100mph where we turned southward toward Boston and then West of NY,philly and DC over Roanoke and started to decent in Ashville

We first climbed up to FL 320 where our meal orders where taken

Here where the choices
                    DL 9/11/37/59/65/125/128/141
                    From LGW/MAN/BRU/DUB/SNN to ATL
                    From LGW to CVG
                    From BRU to JFK

Appetizer
                    Grilled Zucchini and Yellow squash with oven dried tomato,
                    Grilled Asparagus Tips,marinated Olives
                    And Goat Cheese enchanced by Basil Olive Oil

Starters
                    Mesclun Salad Mix with Red and Yellow Bell Peppers and Jimcama
                    Offered with Farm Ranch Dressing or Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinnegrette

Roasted Corn and bell Pepper Chowder

Main Course
                    Herd-Crusted Rack of Lamb offerd with Mustard sauce accompanied by couscous with sautéed leeks,carrots and red onion

Seared breast of Chicken enchanced by tomato sauce,served with Ratatouille and Mashed Potatoes

Gemelli Pasta accented by Red bell peper sauce,tossed with eggplant sautéed spinach cherry tomato and feta cheese

Roasted Corn and bell pepper chowder garnished with Pesto

Fruit or cheese
                    Sliced, fresh seasonal fruit

Fine Cheeses from around the world designed to perfectly complement in another flavor and texture, offered with Grapes

Dessert
                    Premium Vanilla Ice cream Sundae with your choice of sauces,whipped cream and chopped nuts ,garnished with a pirouline cookie

I opted for the App,salad,Lamb(no sauce)

This meal was very good after that I asked for the Ice cream and I ate that

The entertainment was on in BE to bad that there where no Games available
                    But the movies where Good

Video:
                    1: Horizons Spectrum
                    2: Cinema 2
                    3: Cinema 3
                    4 : Cinema 4
                    5 : Screening Room
                    6 : Aplause
                    7: Score
                    8: American Cinema

I first watched Catwoman (1) and then Sharktales (1)

After that we climbed up to FL 330 where I went to the lavatory before returning to my seat I had a conversation with a F/A

Me: hello
                    F/A: hello,are you hungry
                    Me: a little what do you have to eat
                    F/A: Salad,Appetizer,Ice cream,…
                    Me: that sounds great,may I have some Ice cream please
                    F/A: sure I will be right back with it
                    And after that I received another ice cream 30 mins later I chatted with another F/A for about 45 mins. After that we climbed up to FL 350 and they came around again with the Afternoon snack

Afternoon refreshment

Grilled Hamburger on a Kaiser bun with cheddar cheese and a lettuce and tomato garnish accompanied by Red bliss potato salad

Chicken ceasar salad offered with classic ceaser dressing breadsticks and fresh fruit

Warmed Cookies

After that I got ready for landing and we landed on time in ATL before getting of the plane I asked to take a pic of the cockpit and they even offered to take a pic of me so whe did it while everyone else was deplaning I was talking to the Captain about the 767 (it had a better performance than I tought first)
                    Then I went to immergration,baggage claim priority tagging worked but the other UMNR who was travelling with me had to wait a while before exiting I met the lady who assisted me in July again

At 16:15 we left the airport direction Anderson,SC and I was with my family at 18:15

My return is still to come

Comment

@AirFranceFan: How is Delta Air Lines viewed in Europe, or more specifically Belgium? Do Europeans prefer to fly European Airlines to the US or do they like american airlines?

Comment

DL is seen as a OK airline in Belguim but with its 2 ATL and JFK flights people can go easy to other US cities because there are limited services from BRU

UA/763: IAD-SFO
                        AA/763: ORD/JFK
                        DL/763: ATL/JFK
                        CO/764: EWR
                        BG/D10: DAC-DEL-BRU-JFK-BRU-DEL-DAC (3x weekly)

Comment

hello,
                          after a short vacation and I while I was there I was a little bit sick to

i woke up at 5:00 (I stayed on Belguim time)

I washed and packed my stuff then (this was at 9:30 only)

I left my grandparents house at 11:50 on the way over there (13:30) I got me some vegetable soup and at 14:30 we arrived in ATL

The BE line was rather short (compared to the Y line wich was at least a 40 min wait

The lady who checked me in was robotic and worked about 25 mins on me ( ok the best ground staff I ever met is the DLstaff@BRU)

After that we went to the E concourse where the fun began ( indeed I went spotting) and I saw

Lufthansa D-AIGS A343 to FRA
                          KLM PH-BZE B763 to AMS
                          DL N1607B,N175DN,N180DN B763ER to CVG,MUC,STR,…
                          DL N862DA,N867DA,N865DA to LGW and FRA
                          Then I went to the BE lounge wich was crowded today after that I went spotting again

AF: F-GLZA A343 to CDG
                          DL: N861DA to CDG
                          DL: N156DL,N152DL,N171DN,N1604R to MAN,ZRH,AMS,BRU
                          Then we waited at E1 for a while I sat down on my knees at a window at the end of the concourse and I saw my plane was N1604R

At 17:15 I preboarded the plane

TH 6/1/2005
                          Airline+flight#: Delta 124
                          Type+Registration: Boeing 767-332ER N1604R
                          Cabin+seat: Business Elite 5C Aisle
                          To: Brussels B34 8:30+1 GMT+1 25L EBBR/BRU
                          Pushback: 18:19
                          Start Taxi: 18:21
                          Takeoff : 18:29
                          Landed: 7:55
                          At Gate: 8:03
                          CPT: MR ……
                          Load factor in BE: 97%
                          Flight Time: 7hrs 44mins
                          Slept: 4hrs 30mins

When I boarded 5E was already in his seat and the menus where in its place already I noticed D-AIGS and PH-BZE taxing by and I was thinking where is F-GLZA and right then F-GLZA took off whe had to wait on some connecting pax while wating orders where taken after that the boarding door closed and whe started taxing while the safety demo was playing 10 mins later we rolled down the runway before the safety demo finished

The route today was leaving towards Columbia and to Virginia beach flying East of DC,Phillly,NYC and Boston towards the Atlantic arriving in Ireland over London and then to BRU we had a lot of headwinds

We first climbed up to FL 310 where the service started

Here where the choices
                          DL 8/10/36/58/64/124/128/140
                          From ATL to LGW/MAN/BRU/DUB/SNN
                          From CVG to LGW
                          From JFK to BRU

Appetizer
                          Smoked breast of chicken accompanied by Waldorf salad and balsamic pecans

Starters
                          Mesclun Salad Mix with Red and Yellow Bell Peppers and Jimcama
                          Offered with Farm Ranch Dressing or Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinnegrette

Mushroom and Caramelized onion soup

Main Course
                          Grilled veal chop enchanced by mushroom sauce presented with creamy polenta and grilled asparagus sauce

Pan seared grouper accented by Mango cucumber salsa served with Angel hair pasta and stir-fried Vegtables

Cheese tortinneli enchanced by sun-dried Tomato sauce tossed with Green beans,Butternut squash and diced peppers

Mushroom and Caramelized onion soup

Fruit or cheese
                          Sliced, fresh seasonal fruit

Fine Cheeses from around the world designed to perfectly complement in another flavor and texture, offered with Grapes

Dessert
                          Premium Vanilla Ice cream Sundae with your choice of sauces,whipped cream and chopped nuts ,garnished with a pirouline cookie

I opted for the App,salad,veal(no sauce)

This meal was once again very good but I was not very hugry I explained the FA that I just was very sick and I did not had my appetite back yet she said that it was ok and hoped I got feeling better

The entertainment was on in BE to and Games where available
                          The movie choices where ok
                          Video:
                          1: Horizons Spectrum
                          2: Cinema 2
                          3: Cinema 3
                          4 : Cinema 4
                          5 : Screening Room
                          6 : Aplause
                          7: Score
                          8: American Cinema

I first watched a little bit of Forest Gump (

After that we climbed up to FL 330 and crossed the Atlantic and fell asleep at 2:10 BRU time

I woke up at 6:30 BRU time
                          Now whe where above Ireland and at FL 360 the breakfast started

breakfast

Fresh fruit

Kellogs cereal

Potato frittata with rosemary, leek and goat cheese

I opted for the fruit

After that I got ready for landing and we landed 30 mins early in BRU I noticed the CO,UA,and AA flight JFK had arrived already I left the plane and went by Golf cart to Passport control and baggage claim and met my neighbours who was picking me up
                          We drank something before leaving

At 9:00 we left the airport direction Maarkedal and I was back home at 10:00
                          Pic still to come

Comment

ok now the facts and statisticts

Outward journey:
                            Brussels Departure:
                            Check in/ticketing Staff: 10/10
                            Information: 7/10
                            Louge Staff: 9/10
                            Louge: 7/10
                            Gate Staff: 10/10
                            Clean: 8/10 = 87%

DL 125
                            Aircraft: 7/10
                            Seat: 9/10
                            Catering: 10/10
                            Crew: 10/10
                            Entertainment: 8/10
                            Information: 10/10 =90%

Atlanta Arrival:
                            Staff: 8/10
                            Bagage: 8/10
                            information: 9/10
                            Clean: 7/10 =80%

Total travel time: 17hrs 30mins
                            Total percent: 86%

Return Trip:
                            Atlanta Departure:
                            Check in/ticketing staff: 5/10
                            Information: 9/10
                            Lounge Staff: 3/10
                            Lounge: 6/10
                            Gate Staff: 7/10
                            Clean: 9/10 = 65%

DL 124:
                            Aircraft: 8/10
                            Seat: 10/10
                            Catering: 10/10
                            Crew: 10/10
                            Entertainment: 7/10
                            Information: 10/10 = 92%

Brussels Arrival:
                            staff: 8/10
                            Bagage: 1/10
                            Information: 6/10
                            Clean: 8/10 = 58%

Total Travel Time: 16hrs16mins
                            Total percentage: 72%

this trip gets 79% from me

Brussels:
                            once again the DL staff pleased me in everything here once again
                            to the BGS staff: if there is a priority marked bag that means that this bag goes first of the plane not LAST

Atlanta:
                            what says the arrival: you are doing good but for the deparure: it is not forbidden to put on a little smile

DL 125:
                            this fight met al my needs and i really enjoyed it

DL 124:
                            however i did not feel so good i still had a fun time

THE END

Comment

Pics!!!!!!

1/ CS-TEB (Euro Atlantic) L1011

2/ OO-SFO@BRU SN A333

3/N394DL doing DL 125 to ATL

4/N175DN operating DL 141 to JFK + a CO 764

5/some BE pics

6/Legroom

7/ enroute DL 125-BRU-ATL

8/Menu

9/Grilled Zucchini and Yellow squash with oven dried tomato,Grilled Asparagus Tips,marinated Olives And Goat Cheese enchanced by Basil Olive Oil

10/Mesclun Salad Mix with Red and Yellow Bell Peppers and Jimcama

11/Herd-Crusted Rack of Lamb accompanied by couscous with sautéed leeks,carrots and red onion

12/Premium Vanilla Ice cream Sundae with whipped cream

13/BE from 5C

14/ Grilled Hamburger on a Kaiser bun with cheddar cheese and a lettuce and tomato garnish accompanied by Red bliss potato salad+Warmed Cookies

15/Cockpit of N394DL

16/PH-BZE operating KL 622 to AMS (B763)

17/F-GLZA operating AF 301 to CDG (A343)

18/Smoked breast of chicken accompanied by Waldorf salad and balsamic pecans

19/Mesclun Salad Mix with Red and Yellow Bell Peppers and Jimcama

20/Grilled veal chop with creamy polenta and grilled asparagus sauce

21/Almost there

Comment

Working...
                              X