Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CO/NW: FAR-MSP-IAH-SJU & SXM! (50+ pics/17 vid/xtra-long!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man- great job! I like the pictures & the videos are pretty cool, too. I haven't seen all the videos yet...I'll go back & have a look at them when I have more time. You could try & submit some of the videos to Flightlevel350.com if you wanted...I have a couple there myself.

Glad you liked Puerto Rico- I've been there 8 times & consider it my "second home". The last time I was there was 3 years ago...I can't believe how much that airport has changed since then. They used to have a bunch of purple signs & the interior of the non-AA/CO terminal was dark. Looks even more inviting now. The small municipal airport you're talking about is Isla Grande Airport, which I think has very limited air service (Vieques Air Service or whatever it's called may be it). There was also an SCCA Trans Am Series race run there last year.

SXM is awesome too...I was there for the first time in November & am looking forward to going back this Thanksgiving.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Awesome report and some great pics!!!

By the way: Didn't NW Airlink used to serve Fergus Falls? I could vaguely remember from some old NW timetables that it was a city served from MSP.

What is the airport like now?

-Pete
      Pete Ganabathi
      Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
        Awesome report and some great pics!!!

By the way: Didn't NW Airlink used to serve Fergus Falls? I could vaguely remember from some old NW timetables that it was a city served from MSP.

What is the airport like now?

-Pete
        Pete, I am speechless you remember that! Some of my earliest memories of flying are on the old Metro 23 out of Fergus at the very early morning hours and witnessing the sunrise beautifully gleam through the small cabin. The flight only came through about three days a week and always made a stop in St. Cloud just outside of the Twin Cities. Service terminated somewhere around 1997 due to a very small demand. We must have been one of the smallest cities in the U.S. served by a major carrier subsidiary.

The airport (FFM) is still pretty active and kept up nicely. I have some pics I can share when I have time to find where I actually uploaded them.

...thanks for the feedback guys...
        "Science, freedom, beauty, adventure -- aviation offers it all."

Comment

Wow , thank god I have DSL . Very interesting and one of a kind report. Very nice job with the pics and vids :thumps up: .

-Colin

Comment

Could not read the video (cybercafe) However, reading the report and reviewing the attached pictures was a nice entertainement. Congrats.
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Excellent trip report, probably one of the best I have seen. Nice job!!!
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

outstanding report and nice pictures......well done!
                He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

Awesome man!

Comment

I am very glad to hear you all enjoyed the trip report. I was very satisfied with the outcome of my pictures also, and I was happy to hear that many of you agreed. I have yet to upload my last few videos which includes awesome footage of landing in MSP at dawn on the DC-9. I am going to wait a while before doing that until my parents resettle from all the hankering I got for plugging up the phone line for hours on end uploading all of the other videos on our 56k connection.

Once again, thanks for your feedback. I scored four more flights for March; however, sadly they are on Northwest. They include FAR-MSP-RSW (DC-9 / 757) with my mom, RSW-MSP (757) with cousin, and MSP-FAR (DC-9) by myself. As always, I am going to document the trip the entire way with more video footage and just as many pics than ever and bring you another awesome trip report!

-Mark

Comment

It is good trip report for you and glad did flown from IAH-SJU and this is very long flight from IAH-SJU for almost 2,000 miles. So next time you should to take on Frequent flyer number with NW & CO, too. You can do that for yourself with enrolled with CO & NW.

Comment

Originally posted by N830MH
                        It is good trip report for you and glad did flown from IAH-SJU and this is very long flight from IAH-SJU for almost 2,000 miles. So next time you should to take on Frequent flyer number with NW & CO, too. You can do that for yourself with enrolled with CO & NW.
                        Actually, we are WorldPerks memebrs and we used reward mileage to purchase my flights and my dad's. We paid for my mom's.

Comment

very nice report+pics
                          Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

Re:

Amazing flight review with good photos and videos! Was fun to read.

Foxtrot

Comment

Thanks Airfrancefan and Foxtrot. You've had some fine trip reports yourself, Airfrancefan. This probably concludes everyones responses regarding my trip report, so I want to give a final thanks to everyone for reading and responding! I know that sounds akward, but I am just to happy that my report was a success. Also, I am confirmed on four more flights at the end of the month:

FAR-MSP-RSW-MSP-FAR -- Mar. 23 & 30 on NW (DC-9's and 757's)

I am also anticipating, but not confirmed:

FAR-DEN-SLC-DEN-FAR -- Apr. 22 & 24 on UA. If this happens, I am going to also try JetBlue from SLC to JFK to DEN (Mar 23) and then continue home.

FAR-DEN-LAS-DEN-FAR -- Apr. 15 & 17 on UA/Ted. And if this happens, I am going to also try flying Phillipines Airlines A340 from LAS to YVR and then home.

-Mark

Comment

one of the most entertaining reports i ever read.
                                sigpic
                                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                                X