Airbus A320s in General

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus A320s in General

I will be flying jetBlue this March, and it will be my first Airbus flight. What are the A320's like to fly in? How's noise, cabin architecture, etc.?

Thanks,
    Justin
    Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

I fly to Phoenix every year (visit my Aunt in Scottsdale ) and the last three times I have taken Airbus A320's. I personally don't want a flamewar, prefer them over 737's. I find the cabin to be very comfortable and to be quieter. The architecture is basically the same as the 737, 3x3 seating but with two overwing exits.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Hey. I flew on UA's 979 and 978 (LAX-MEX-LAX)

Its a pretty cool plane. I like the windows for some odd reason..i dunno.

I didnt really notice any noise like i did on my HP flight from PHX to ONT but ya never know. The 320 we were on seemed pretty comfortable n clean.

Cabin tech...well its 6 abreast seating with three on each side of the plane. the overhead bins are the newer type (dunno if i can explain)

Overall, it was a pretty nice flight for a 4 hour plane ride.

Chris
      Name:Chris
      Next Trip: Spain (unfortunately, EF Tours doesnt give out flight info until a week before departure so expect it sometime in June )

Comment

Cool. Thanks guys. Shoot me a PM next time you come down, Patrick.
        Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Originally posted by NOTAR520AC
          Cool. Thanks guys. Shoot me a PM next time you come down, Patrick.
          You got a PM

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
          October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

NTORNEIHWOIN89807, The plane is a sweet flight, very smooth, and quiet. You will enjoy yourself!
            -Kevin

Comment

Great planes, i have taken a 320 on UA and TED. Just expect some weird noises around your initial decent and after take offs, those hydraulic rams or whatever they are can make some weird noises.

Comment

A320 is a nice plane. It has the 737 beat on noise in the cabin. The thing is, it is a very underpowered feeling from my expeirence. When I flew one of them from JFK and I didn't have a window, I didn't know we were on our TO roll until I felt us rotate. They really do a nice job as far as smoothness goes. Personally, I like to KNOW I am in an airplane.
                THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                  A320 is a nice plane. It has the 737 beat on noise in the cabin. The thing is, it is a very underpowered feeling from my expeirence. When I flew one of them from JFK and I didn't have a window, I didn't know we were on our TO roll until I felt us rotate. They really do a nice job as far as smoothness goes. Personally, I like to KNOW I am in an airplane.
                  I generally know im in it when i step off the airbridge and see the air stewardess. If i dont catch on then, i should find out when i look at my ticket to see what seat im on and see the airlines name on it (Last time i checked, AirNZ And Qantas dont drive buses to LA). If I havent caught on by then maybe when i look out the window and see a wing. Usually I catch on when we start flying.
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                    I generally know im in it when i step off the airbridge and see the air stewardess. If i dont catch on then, i should find out when i look at my ticket to see what seat im on and see the airlines name on it (Last time i checked, AirNZ And Qantas dont drive buses to LA). If I havent caught on by then maybe when i look out the window and see a wing. Usually I catch on when we start flying.
                    I guess I set myself up for that, but what i meant was you don't get as much acceleration feeling in an A320.
                    THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                    Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                    George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

The 320 is wider than a 737.
                      -Kevin

Comment

You'll find the seats somewhat better. The windows are awefull, just small in a way. I don't like the shape much either, but that opinion. I would say the noise is lower than the 737, which is good if you don't like noise. The noise it does make sounds more like a bus that a plane (no pun intended.)
                        The size difference is about an inch per seat.

Comment

as far as external looks go I prefer the 737, but for interior comfort, I really dont care, but the A320 feels more "modern" to me

Comment

As a passenger I like the A320. I found the cabin to be fairly roomy, with a decent amount of leg room (I'm about 6.6ft/6.7ft). The windows were a little low and I had to crouch down a little to get a good view.

I should also note that my experience with A320's is limited to Air Canada.

Comment

I prefer the Airbus A319/320/321 series over the 737 series, classic and NG. Wider, extremely quiet... and higher off the ground. Makes me feel more elite sitting that high up . Nice ride too. Im not PRO Airbus, nor am I PRO Boeing, but this is what I choose. Enjoy your flight, Im about to have a Boe/Bus trip Monday on the one and only USAirways. PVD-PHL 733, PHL-TPA A321. Cant wait!
                              Ryan Davis
                              Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                              www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Working...
                              X