Hawai'i bound :Part one Canada travelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawai'i bound :Part one Canada travelling

It may be a little late, but hell, Enjoy, Sorry I didnt take anypics, but Ill supply pictures from JP.net.
    Party of: 8 on standby
    All times are time of departure city.
    July 6th 2004

Air Canada#603
    Dep Time: 6:00AM
    Home Time: -----
    Arrival time: scheduald 7:30, Accual :7:25 home time.
    Route: YHZ->YYZ
    Equip: ACJetz Airbus A320-211
    Seating: FULL

We arrived at the airport, checked in our bags and went thru security not knowing that are plane was being boarded at the same time we were going theu the HUGE line up at security. As I travvelled up the Escilator the gate agent says "Are you the Gomes party?!". I replied and she said hurry up! Although people were stll packing things away, it was like that scene in home alone when there running twoards the gate.My seat was over the wing, two seats behind of the emergency exit, Row 18B. The flight was smooth and quiet with the exception of two young childern behind me who wernt as bad as I expected.

[photoid=383794]
    [photoid=150402]

We smaked down in Toronto on a nice early sunny morning, just in time before the smog takes over. We then walked to gat 145 in the new terminal one. Our landing was smooth. Flight was excellent.

AC #105
    Dep Time: 10:00
    Home time: 9:00
    Arrival: 2:30. accual: 2:15
    Route: YYZ->YVR
    Equip:AC Airbus 340-500
    Seating, 9/10 full.

Our flight departed as i was excited to board a A340-500. My father and I sat in row 40A & B, my family owned row 40. I got the windo seat and had a sweet view of the engines. We departed north and a sharp left turn followed as we passed over Canada's Wonderland. Looks small from above. I watched Starsky and Hutch on the PVT, and Along Came polly, but stopped Along cam polly becuse it was boring. The lav's were amazing! Powerful toilets soon to be worn down to standard suction .Everyone on the left (me) was instructed to close the shades as courtesy to fellow passengers (sun on the left side).
    [photoid=330837]
    [photoid=418577]
    [photoid=406469]
    The last one I belive is the same day.

We had a nice meal of scrabled (more like yellow brick of eggs), ham, fruit, and toast with OJ for me. Yummm:P We had THEE smoothest landing on any plane next to the A320's. We slowwed and taxied past a nice Korean 747.

In YVR we walked thru to terminal 2: International Departures, we found out one of our bags is missing and it sitll hasnt returned. Checked in and the security officer said "please empty your pockets, gid rid of any frogs, got any frogs?". Right then and there I felt like reaching into my pocet and making the impression of a frog and saying "well bessy, time to let you go girl, ill be back in a weeks time". We continued on, waited for 3 hours to find out the flight was over sold and we had to take the next flight.

AC#33 Codeshared with UAL, UAL crew.
    Dep time: 6:00PM
    Home time: 10:00PM
    Arrival time: 11:00PM HNL time, acual: 11:00PM
    Route: YVR->SYD stop is HNL where we get off.
    Equip: Ex-Canadian Boeing 767-300ER
    Seating: 9.9/10

We boarded the plane, much to my suprise I was 'happy' to be aboard a ex-crapadian 763. The flight would stay over one night in HNL before continueing on to SYD. With Paper thin blue seats, i was happy, and to add onto that someone was shuffling cards the WHOLE time after t/o. The sounds of the engines on t/o were awsome, I was seated in row 30D next to my sister and mother. Accross from me was a attractive brunette . We had probibly a nice dinner after t/o, but it would come back and haunt me. I slept until 100 miles of the coast of hawaii. One thing I hat most is waking up in a 767 at night over water.

I told my mom i was feeling sick and went to the lav, heres the sticky part, I started to retch a few times before comming out and alerting one of the f/a's. Sje told me to sit down, another one came with a cold napkin and wiped my forehead. Something my mother does . She handed my a vomit bad, and some napkins. Boy was i sick. Another one came with a cabin waste bag, a CLEAR cabin waste bag. The couple next to me were like freaked out, thinking that i was gonna spew all over them. I remeber them leaning twords the right of the plane, away from me. I closed my eyes, and waited till touch down, rough landing, still no puke. Sigh of relief that if i threw up now, it wouldent be as long. We arrived at the gate, everyone got off and my parents found me in the last row of the plane. The F/a handed my parents a few vomit bags and a can of ginger ale, this would spark my drinking of it all the time.
    [photoid=422045]
    The 2x3x2 seating. Following Canadian Airlines' 22nd Annual Charity flight over Niagara Falls. - Photo taken at Toronto - Lester B. Pearson International (Malton) (YYZ / CYYZ) in Ontario, Canada on September 16, 2000.

paper thin seats. Note: AC took off the red head protectors, just velcro on our seats
    At the airport we got our bags, I didnt throw-up until I was in the bathroom, but it wasnt much, just a itty-bitty bit. We arrived at our hotel (Hilton Hawai'ian Village) by limo for our party of 8 (both sets of grand parents, father, mother sister, and me). I went to sleep and woke up the next morning, looked at my watch and it was 3:47PM YHZ time, 8:47 Pacific time.
    -Kevin

Your lucky to fly the A340-500 on such a short route.
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Small correction. AC033 is an Air Canada crew and a NZ codeshare (NZ4773) and a UA codeshare (UA8641).

One little thing. Can you grab a dictionary and make a few corrections. It's a pretty good report, however the spelling errors make it difficult to read.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
        One little thing. Can you grab a dictionary and make a few corrections. It's a pretty good report, however the spelling errors make it difficult to read.
        Yeah, sorry about that.
        -Kevin

Comment

Hated to be critical with all the work you did, it's just difficult to read at times.

I'm going to Australia on March 7 with 10 cons. I'm trying not to have a heart attach. Going down isn't too bad, coming back is not going to be nice as the A340 has been taken off AC033/034.

Comment

Hated to be critical with all the work you did, it's just difficult to read at times.

I'm going to Australia on March 7 with 10 cons. I'm trying not to have a heart attach. Going down isn't too bad, coming back is not going to be nice as the A340 has been taken off AC033/034.
            Dont worry about being critical about spelling. I need to learn to spell, especially comming from the maritimes!

So you miss the 343 flight back? What are you using, standby or full-fare?
            -Kevin

Comment

All travelling standby. We planned to return on Mar 26, however the B763 is oversold by 9 out of SYD. No show rate is 2%. Could be an interesting couple of days.

Comment

All travelling standby. We planned to return on Mar 26, however the B763 is oversold by 9 out of SYD. No show rate is 2%. Could be an interesting couple of days.
                Is it 9 contingent passengers? or 9 full paying pax? Hopefully you wont get bumped. Shocking about the trip back from hawaii for me.
                -Kevin

Comment

Small correction. AC033 is an Air Canada crew and a NZ codeshare (NZ4773) and a UA codeshare (UA8641).

OT: Havn't seen you around for awhile, good to see you Dale.
                  My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Hi Cameron. Good to see you too.

In answer to AC Man there are actually 10 in the group, 1 retired AC employee, 1 AC employee (me), two daughters, 1 wife and 5 buddy's.

The trip was planned one afternoon on the dock at our friends cottage. I was at work! I just got stuck planning the thing.

The A340 was been moved to YYZ-NRT because of pilot contract problems with the B763 on that route. This had left YVR-HNL SYD with a downgauge from an A340 to a B763.

Comment

Why were you flying standby?

Good report though, A345 sounds really nice

Comment

Employee

Comment

I know this turned out not to be the case, but do they actually fly Air Canada 767s with United Crews? If so why?

Comment

No we do not have UA crews flying AC acft or vice versa. There was talk years ago (3 or 4) that we would do an interchange with ANZ in LAX. That never went beyond an idea, although it would be great to see ANZ here in YYZ.

Comment

Working...
                            X