Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cabin do you prefer to fly in: 777 or a330/a340?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cabin do you prefer to fly in: 777 or a330/a340?

I was just wondering how the a330/340's (particularly the a330's and a340-500/600's) stack up passenger experience wise against the 777?

I've only flown on the 777 myself, mainly EK birds, and always thought the 777 was brilliant, blew a 747 out of the water for overall experience. It was just a very roomy, modern interior, nice cabin design, basically Boeing at their best. Only down side, not the quietest plane in the world, but other than that pretty good.

I was wondering how the airbuses compares (realise it's a smaller plane), cos I've never flown them. The a330/40 series newest variants do look pretty swish on the inside as well so was wondering people's preference from a cabin point of view?

4Engines4LongHaul

Aside from charters like TransAt I have not seen anyone try to put 9 across in 330/340s, where as the whole EK experience ( and it was good in Y) was diminished by sitting 3-4-3. VERY VERY TIGHT. I also have flown KLM's 777s and the 3-3-3 seating made for a lot more room. Sort of beyond me why Boeing would let a flag carrier squish people into one of their flagship planes like this. That being said I did like the 777 regardless, and also have flwon an AC 340 and liked it equally as well, although being an older model did not have the PTVs.
    ________
    CHEAP GAMO MATCH GRAINS WADCUTTER 500CT

Comment

Love 2-4-2
      -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
        Love 2-4-2
        Damn Sraight!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
          Love 2-4-2
          Love 767s with 2-3-2 even more!
          ________
          Uggs

Comment

777 fo sho!
            Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

A343
              Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

The good point for the 330/340 is the cross section is too small for squeezing more seat abreast. So they often come with this neat 2-2+2-2 configuration.
                The bad point is which kind of airline operates your plane, a charter, a bad sched or a good reputed one ...
                About the 777, the 2-5-2 bugs me should I can't be accomodated on aisles.
                So much also for the 3-3-3 variety should I inherit the central seat
                Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I haven't flown on a 340 yet, but I did fly 772ER on British Airways March of '03 and that was AMAZING. Felt like I was in business class- their cabins are nice! 13 hours of heaven. The bins were fun.
                  Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Originally posted by NOTAR520AC
                    I haven't flown on a 340 yet, but I did fly 772ER on British Airways March of '03 and that was AMAZING. Felt like I was in business class- their cabins are nice! 13 hours of heaven. The bins were fun.
                    Compared to what? I've flown on 772ERs too, as well as other widebodies. Can't really say any one was "amazingly" better than the others in the same class.
                    Will F.
                    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Don't care, as long as it's First or Business.

Comment

Having been in the 777 only, I really can't say. I'd probably go with the 777, as I can't stop looking at those massive engines.
                        - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                          Compared to what? I've flown on 772ERs too, as well as other widebodies. Can't really say any one was "amazingly" better than the others in the same class.
                          So....? What's your point?- Wanna prize? All I said was I enjoyed the BA772ER.
                          Click below.

Comment

Originally posted by NOTAR520AC
                            So....? What's your point?- Wanna prize? All I said was I enjoyed the BA772ER.
                            I asked a question. The 772 is so amazing compared to what? Most widebodies from the interior, in the same class are more or less the same...
                            Will F.
                            Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                              I asked a question. The 772 is so amazing compared to what? Most widebodies from the interior, in the same class are more or less the same...
                              Oh- I dunno- it was my first int'l flight, and I just thought BA's interrior design was VERY nice for coach (felt like B-class compared to all the other flights I've flown). I flew Qantas a year later & wasn't as impressed... I guess I just like BA cabins & their seats.
                              Click below.

Comment

Working...
                              X