SAN-DEN Frontier Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAN-DEN Frontier Airlines

I thought it was about time I posted this, so here goes. One of the best flights I have ever had.

Date: 12/14/04 or 14/12/04 as we say in NZ.
    Route: San Diego to Denver
    Carrier: Frontier Airlines
    Flight #: 568
    A/C Type: Airbus A319
    Reg: N916FR

[photoid=406182]

Well, after a smooth cab ride to the terminal we (my Dad and I) began the check in process. Since we were a little early, we had no queue and everything was in order. Because I looked so suspicious, we had to go through additional screening, which as some of you probably know is separate screening for all loose articles (hats, shoes, jackets etc.), then a “Magic Wand” test, followed by a body search, bag search and explosives test. About a million times more thorough than the usual x-ray and metal detector here in NZ.

Luckily our morning flight didn’t coincide with many other departures, so the terminal was pretty quiet. Got a nice bagel for breakfast, had a look around the shops and went to our gate and watched other movements. Our flight boarded, and I managed to get my dad to fork out five bucks for DIRECTV®. Our cabin crew were either really nice or drunk, but whatever it was, they were very friendly, one of them was an American Idol contestant and a Miss Colorado finalist .

The sky was clear for the whole journey, and our takeoff was nice with a big bank over the sparkling Pacific to head back inland to the Rockys.

[photoid=403069]

It got boring looking out the window after about 15 minutes or so, although I constantly checked it in case something cool happened. (Maybe a few high-altitude ducks mistakenly flying in form with us, thinking the duck on the tail was real ) I focused my attention on the PTV, and watched a couple of episodes of the Fairly Odd Parents before switching to Monsters Inc (ok, they're little kids shows, but nothing else was as entertaining).

A light refreshment or two (I’d just like to say Hawaiian Punch tastes like sh*t), and we were still cruising on our way to Denver. I asked the stewardess to take this ‘Royal New Zealand Aero Club Young Eagles’ flight record card thing I’ve got up to the pilots to fill out and she did so and returned it with the usual “The captain says you’re welcome to visit the cockpit after the flight” .

We passed from barren land to snow covered mountains, and I knew this was the cue for our descent.

[photoid=403045]

As that damn ear-popping sensation came into play that made for an unpleasant descent, we made a couple of turns and made our approach into the mile-high city. The landing was smooth, we taxied into the gate when two of the flight attendants convinced the other into giving everyone a little song (remember she was the one who entered American Idol).

[photoid=403079]

About one verse, followed by a “(laugh) sorry I don’t actually know the rest” and the crowd (well 100 odd passengers) went wild. I was shown into the flight deck, where I was given a quick “this does this and this does that” demonstration and had a chat about Denver then unfortunately had to go before I got any photos as the F/O had to go and it looked too difficult to try and fit two people in the doorway.

As we walked towards the train to baggage claim, I heard a flight announcer say “Okay folks, Frontier Flight XXX to Hawaii is now boarding! Just kidding. It’s actually going to Los Angeles” - obviously Frontier staff enjoy their job. We got our bags, headed to the shuttle area where our van to Winter Park was waiting. What a great flight.

Great report The southwest is pretty boring for window watching
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

whaddaya mean? the SW has lots o' mountains
      Airlines..... Love em' or hate 'em

I think you should love 'em

Comment

Originally posted by ATAExpress
        whaddaya mean? the SW has lots o' mountains
        Yeah but they're all brown!
        Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Originally posted by NOTAR520AC
          Yeah but they're all brown!
          I have to say that is one of their best qualities. Everyone says they love where I live because it is so green, but my favorite city in the world is Phoenix, Arizona. I LOVE that place. So pretty.
          THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
          Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
          George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
            I have to say that is one of their best qualities. Everyone says they love where I live because it is so green, but my favorite city in the world is Phoenix, Arizona. I LOVE that place. So pretty.
            Are you on crack?!

J/k. I dunno- I've lived here all my life and I just want to get out- maybe I should go back to New Zealand or something...
            Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Originally posted by NOTAR520AC
              Are you on crack?!

J/k. I dunno- I've lived here all my life and I just want to get out- maybe I should go back to New Zealand or something...
              Yep, everyone I spoke to in the US said New Zealand was a "beautiful country" or knew someone who came here and said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mungous
                Yep, everyone I spoke to in the US said New Zealand was a "beautiful country" or knew someone who came here and said that.
                How many times have i heard you say that or read it after you have written it?
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
                X