Any trip report on China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any trip report on China?

Does anyone have any trip report on China? Don't really see anything at all on the forum.

Originally posted by kiwilliam
    Does anyone have any trip report on China? Don't really see anything at all on the forum.
    China??? Air China, China Southern, China Airlines, China Eastern,.....?
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
      Any Chinese Airlines will do.

Comment

I flew China Eastern and Shanghai Airlines back in October, both on 737 aircraft. Fantastic service, plenty of space and considering I wasn't really used to Chinese meals the food was pretty good. If you have any specific questions on them feel free to Private Message me and I can give you any details or answer any questions you may have.

Dave

Comment

I have flown Shanghai Airlines before as well, and I can only repeat what has been said above. Great service, clean aircraft, and delicious food.

Hope you enjoy your trip!
          Will F.
          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

hopefully can see some full trip reports on any Chinese airline flights with in China.

Originally posted by babypurin
            China Airline is CI (it's a Taiwanese airline)
            Air China is CA (it's a Chinese airline)

Cheers

Comment

i flew with air china about 3 years ago from beijing to sydney via shanghai on their 777. Overall, I'd say the trip to only be acceptable (i wasnt expecting much anyway). The mainscreen entertainment was not switched on on the first leg to shanghai, where i waited bout 40 minutes, but it was on the second leg -not like it made a great difference as the movies were all old and boring. The seat pitch on the aircraft did not really concern me as i wasnt that big then. The food was rather tasteless overall, but i remember the congee i had for breakfast the next morning most. The congee was perhaps the worse i've ever eaten in my life, it had no water at all!! But 1 thing i think stands out for air china is the excellent service all around, great crew!! Another thing that i've noticed when i travel on chinese airline (i.e. china southern, eastern, etc,) is that all the pax tend to get up and get thier baggage from the overhead bins as soon as the plane gets off the runway or slows down from the landing, it always requires furious FA's to get them to sit bak down.
              James_2005

Comment

One of mines, the 2003 with Finnair, already posted there, you can read it on
                Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

browse until 2003 and get full details
                Enjoy your flights

Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by James747
                  i flew with air china about 3 years ago from beijing to sydney via shanghai on their 777. Overall, I'd say the trip to only be acceptable (i wasnt expecting much anyway). The mainscreen entertainment was not switched on on the first leg to shanghai, where i waited bout 40 minutes, but it was on the second leg -not like it made a great difference as the movies were all old and boring. The seat pitch on the aircraft did not really concern me as i wasnt that big then. The food was rather tasteless overall, but i remember the congee i had for breakfast the next morning most. The congee was perhaps the worse i've ever eaten in my life, it had no water at all!! But 1 thing i think stands out for air china is the excellent service all around, great crew!! Another thing that i've noticed when i travel on chinese airline (i.e. china southern, eastern, etc,) is that all the pax tend to get up and get thier baggage from the overhead bins as soon as the plane gets off the runway or slows down from the landing, it always requires furious FA's to get them to sit bak down.

I agree with you that most Chinese passengers tend to stand up once the plane landed. I don't know why do that. But not only Chinese passengers do that, as well as Korean passengers. I flew Asiana Airline from AKL-ICN-XIY last year in Nov, most Korean passengers stood up before the plane actually stopped. But nevermind, that might just an Asian thing.

I am sorry to hear that you had an awful flight with Air China from PEK-SYD. Some of my mates said Air China's inflight services is bad as Air New Zealand's, but I've never had any chance to experience that, sad, isn't it? But my mates told me Air NZ's food is better,hehehe. But for your experience that you had with Air China, I think it's a good thing, it gave you the chance to experience some airlines up north rather than down here only with AIR NZ or Qantas.

However, I had some experiences with Air China early this year from XIY-PEK to catch up my flight from PEK to ICN then back to AKL. That was an early morning flight, so I had my breakfast on that flight, the breakfast was excellent, can't complain. The interesting thing was I had a New Zealand butter with my breakfast, I was so shocked! I really enjoyed it so much!

Cheers

Kiwilliam

Comment

Ive been on China Eastern, Air China, and Cathay Pacific (if it counts as a Chinese airline). I loved each one. The food on all three was delicious. The planes were very clean and kept up nicely. I'd love to answer specific questions....
                    DELTA- Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

Comment

Originally posted by kiwilliam
                      The interesting thing was I had a New Zealand butter with my breakfast, I was so shocked! I really enjoyed it so much!

Cheers

Kiwilliam
                      Kinda off topic, but I had butter from New Zealand on an Air Canada flight too!
                      Will F.
                      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                        Kinda off topic, but I had butter from New Zealand on an Air Canada flight too!
                        Chinese don't normally eat butter and it was serived on domestic flight in China. And New Zealand is a little country, but it exports heaps dairy products to overseas. hehe

Comment

Working...
                        X