No announcement yet.

Business class- worth the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Chris: on long hauls, the difference between Economy and Business is like night and day. This said, if you were to fly CPH-LHR-SYD, may I suggest you fly CPH-LHR in Economy. On intra-European flight, the difference is minimal. You may get a bigger sandwich, but the seat pitch and legroom remain exactly the same. In some airlines they lock the middle seat in European Business Class, but still I'd rather fly Biz only long haul and save a few bucks.

Comment

Well, If i had the money for it. Well, lets say.....

ID BE THERE IN ONE SECOND!!!

and also, good luck to cough up the money for Qantas or BA.

Comment

Thank thee once again lol

Cubana- that is exactly what I wanted to do. It would be a lot of fun to go business all the way just for the heck of it, but... meh... I'm going to make it a "mixed" experience More pocket money for me too

FlyingHigh26- actually, BA and QF are the CHEAPEST at the moment, believe it or not! Well, today, Thai seems to be cheaper with 10 dollars or so, but I'd gladly pay that extra to fly BA/QF... I've already flown TG once and I do want to try the "spirit of oz" :P
        The expensive one is SIA... it's around 4000 USD roundtrip (economy)... while BA/QF is less than 2000 (economy). Just double the prices and you have the business price

I'm definitely going to do this. Whether it's going to be this time (January 2006) or next time, I don't know yet. But I WILL do it
        Thanks so much!
        -Janni

Comment

I havn't paid for Business/First class since 1999. But if i had to i wouldnt waste it on anything less than a 4 hour flight. Its really not worth it (if you dont have money to burn) on shorthaul flights. The benifits of International Business compared to economy, are as stated imense. I still think the price tag is extortionate but when i can get it i dont complain

Comment

Larger Seat Pitch and Superb Service - Key Criterion

I've gotten upgrades before, mainly on Air Canada. The seat pitch has to matter as I am a larger person, and also service. I don't care much for IFE a lot. I went on AC Exec First and even their IFE broke down on a CDG-YUL flight, so it hardly mattered. Their great food and desserts made up for it!
            Yummmyyyyy! I flew AC Exec First once from HKG-YVR and that was a splendid experience again. Actually both flights I took on Exec First were A340-313X jets, so they were nice. I picked up a Herpa model after that.
            Customer service - couldn't ask for more. Got instant noodles in Bone China bowls. . . very classy. very very nice.

This time, I used my own mileage to get an upgrade to Clase Ejecutiva on COPA. I'm looking forward to try their product. It's worth it for a 7 Hr flight on a 737!!!
            FLY COPA AIRLINES - Beauty that Graces the Skies of Latin America, Youngest Fleet in Latin America
            Convenience from "Hub of the Americas" at Tocumen International Airport.

Comment

Instant noodles in a china bowl? Hahaha oh hell yeah thats classy lol

Comment

Never flown QF First class myself but have snuck a peak through the curtain, it looks very comfortable but also a lot dearer than Business if you're paying full-fare. I've had the pleasure of flying QF Business a few times, the food is quite good and the F/A's are very friendly. I've tried their Skybed once and was very impressed. The seat itself although I'm not a fan of sleeping at an angle is very well designed. I guess it's once of those cases where functionality and form have gone together fairly well.

Air NZ's Business fares are comparatively cheap at the moment, largely due to the older seats and less advanced IFE. But their food and service has always been top-notch. Try and see if you can get some sort of a deal flying CPH-LHR with SK and LHR-LAX-AKL-SYD with NZ, maybe even visit Auckland on the way! Sure it'd take longer but you could save yourself a bit of cash for some souvenirs once you get to Australia. It's up to you really.

In my opinion, it depends on the length of the flight. If it's more than 7 hours then I'd say it's worth it to go in Business. I'd never pay for an F seat myself but one can always wish for an upgrade!

Comment

I have flown business and first a few times now but have never actually paid for it. To be honest as most have said it is worth it only if you can realistically afford it. I wouldnt pay for it unless i was flying longhaul and even some longhaul routes i wouldnt pay for it, such as LHR-BOS/JFK which is 6.5hrs! I am flying SYD-DXB in a few weeks and that is a 14.5-15 hour flight, luckily my dad has taken pity on me and upgraded both myself and him to business for the flight as it shall be a very long one. For a flight such as this the money is worth it as the extra service, extra room, nicer benefits and such make the whole expeiriance much nicer.

Chris
                  Chris Sharps
                  5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                  17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                  24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                  1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Originally posted by chris78cpr
                    I have flown business and first a few times now but have never actually paid for it. To be honest as most have said it is worth it only if you can realistically afford it. I wouldnt pay for it unless i was flying longhaul and even some longhaul routes i wouldnt pay for it, such as LHR-BOS/JFK which is 6.5hrs! I am flying SYD-DXB in a few weeks and that is a 14.5-15 hour flight, luckily my dad has taken pity on me and upgraded both myself and him to business for the flight as it shall be a very long one. For a flight such as this the money is worth it as the extra service, extra room, nicer benefits and such make the whole expeiriance much nicer.

Chris

Thanks Chris!
                    Nyeh, i wish my dad would pay for stuff like that :P Well, you can't have everything, and even if I do end up only going on economic, I'll still be happy to be in the air again.
                    As for being able to afford it realisticly, I wouldn't know yet... if I save my behind off every month, live on water and dried bread, I should be able to LOL (kidding.... I don't know if I can afford it yet, but if I can, be assured you will find me in the business cabin, at least on the way to Oz!)
                    Thanks so much for all of your opinions! It sounds like a positive experience. And if I can't afford business on the Australia trip, I'm going to Japan in 2008- I'd be surprised if I couldn't save up money to make it on business class then
                    cheers!
                    -Janni

Comment

Working...
                    X