Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling dillema!

Hello Again!

Now as you may know now, I have asked about Cathay Pacific for Travelling to London.

Now there is a bunch of new airlines on offer.

I have Emirates, Malaysia Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Cathay Pacific and Vietnam Airlines.

I would like to fly Emirates the most, but it might be a bit pricy as we have not found prices yet.

Your opinions please.

There is no contest. Fly Virgin.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
      haha couldn't agree with you anymore Dan

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingHigh26
        Hello Again!

Now as you may know now, I have asked about Cathay Pacific for Travelling to London.

Now there is a bunch of new airlines on offer.

I have Emirates, Malaysia Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Cathay Pacific and Vietnam Airlines.

I would like to fly Emirates the most, but it might be a bit pricy as we have not found prices yet.

Your opinions please.
        Go with the cheapest carrier (if price matters to you), as all those airlines offer excellent service. Most of the carrier's above, have similar on-board service so it really doesnt make a difference.
        - The baby will be back -

Comment

Im sorry but there is no way Vietname airlines offers a similer service to Virgin Atlantic

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
            Please tell me why? I need to know why so i can decide please.

Comment

Fly MH. Maybe you can have a ride in this:

[photoid=441243]

With 34" of seat pitch at Y class with the best cabin crew .

Comment

Yes I have heard of the V:Port System, but they're legroom is supposed to be horrific, and if thats the case, I would go with Emirates. Malaysia Airlines is great, I flew with them about 4 years ago. But they're times just don't work for us well enough.

It looks like Emirates will go first, but after the prices check out, It will definately be Virgin.

Thanks for that guys.

Comment

To be quite honest i highly doubt 2" of legroom differance accounts as "horrofic" as you say. Virgin Atlantic offers the best all round product out of any airline ive ever flown. And let me tell you. Ive flown a hell of alot.

Comment

I have had a look around today. Since Virgin seems the cheapest, we will book this one, unless it gets booked out as we are departing in June (Aussie Busy time of the year).

Though it seems many of you do not know about Emirates new ICE System. Check it out on the Emirates Website under A340-500.

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

You don't want to fly QF? Friends have just used Malaysian from LAX to SYD. They advised it was quite a good flight.

Comment

Actually I would stick with Cathay Pacific. I think they are a great airline and about the only one I would hold on the same level as Malaysian.

Virgin is a good carrier but I would never opt for them over Cathay (which I have done in the past and regret dearly!). I also have done a number of flights on Emirates and their service is very hit or miss. They can be great or they can be awful. E-mail me if you would like a trip report on them.

My list would be as follows:

1. Cathay Pacific
                        2. Malaysian
                        3. Virgin Atlantic
                        4. Emirates
                        5. Vietnam Airlines.

Comment

Thanks for that SR 103.

I actually did a bit of exploring on the web today on www.epinions.com in the airlines area, and most people rate Virgin Atlantic 4 or below. A lot of downfalls are part of Virgin, so I am considering a switch.

If anyone has a report on Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines, Virgin atlantic or Vietnam Airlines, please email me as I would be happy enough to read them.

The thing is, June to July is the busiest and most expensive time of the Year to travel to Europe as it is Winter here and Summer there. We are going at this time as my cousins will be on Schools holidays, so there is no boredom on my half.

If I am going to do a 36 hour flight to Dublin, I dont want to feel uncomfortable.

We will be booking at the end of the month, and as Virgin seems to be the cheapest at the moment, it looks like it will be gone ($1800AUD).

I realise that there are numerous others, but these are the ones the travel agency has provided.

Anyway, If you do have a report please email them to me.

Thanks for all your help Guys! You are legends!

Comment

I personally object. Emirates has been rated to have the best Economy class in 2004! I will be flying Emirates alot this summer. I hope to get to try each type of plane in their fleet. My trip is as follows: JFK-Dubai (A345), DUBAI-JEDDAH( dont know what plane operates this route) JEDDAH-DUBAI( ?) DUBAI-ISLAMABAD(777/A330), ISLAMABAD-DUBAI(777/A330) DUBAI-JFK(A345) I could have chosen Saudi Airlines, I was quite satisfied with them last time we flew them, however, I have heard a lot of positive feedback about Emirates, and can't wait to try them out this summer. I haven't flown Virgin Atlantic, though I personally dont think it matches Emirates standard. Overall Emirates came in 2nd in the "airline of the year" category. Virgin..... wasn't top 5! Wait..... not even top 10. Not even top 3 out of the Euro carriers. Therefore, I would go with Emirates. Just my 2 cents

PS I know so many people are gonna object, so let the bashing begin!
                            Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Ok, before this gets outta hand, I'll answer a few questions.

Why not QF? They are bloddy expensive. One of the most expensive here on the market. BA isn't any good either!

Virgin is rated highly I know. But I am not basing this question on IFE. Virgin, from research, has terrible seat pitch, 30" to 31" (not sure which one). But they're not crossed off my list

Now, today we are booking. i will get back to you to who we are going with soon.

But anyway, thank you everyone, and thank you to SR 103 for sending me his reviews. If any of you have any reviews that relate to this, please send them to me and I will be happy enough to read them!

Comment

Working...
                              X