X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Flight Experience

Whats your worst flight experience??

GSO-BOS on Transtate, US Express.....

I slept through the inflight beverage service. Somewhere near Philly I rang the call bell 3 times (about 5min intervals) before the attendent came down the aisle. She finally came and I asked for a drink.... 15min later, I ring it again..... "oh thats right, your drink." Still nothing, finally I ring again, she comes and said "just a second".... then over the intercom I hear the before landing breifing... put your tables up blah blah blah.

I was HEATED. On the way out, I said "thanks for my drink..." and she had the nerve to say "oh your welcome!" with a smile. Why I oughta smackabitch.

Oh, and last week.... PHL-PIE.... USA3000 sucks. Period. Read my review.
    Ryan Davis
    Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
    www.flyerguide.net

Comment

HP73, PHX_SEA, A320. Went back to the gate for two hours to fix a fuel filter clog. F/a's went and hid in the back galley, finally brought around little four-inch high water bottles after we'd been sweating (we were on the plane the entire time) our brains out... Finally made it out 2.5 hours late... Sh!t happens...
      Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Mine was on American...

I was about 8-10 years old and we were going to Florida with routing through DFW (don't ask) from a starting point of YYZ. In Dallas they asked us (my mother, father and me) if we wanted to be bumped off (due to overbooking), and, of course, with the promise of three free flights any were in the 48 contiguous states, we said yes (especially since the next flight was in circa 2 hours to FLL). About 15 minutes after taking our tickets, an employee came over and said that they did not need our tickets and gave them back, but not with different seats inked on. Rather than being together (which we origonally were) we were scattered all over the plane.
        The notion of having to leave her 8-10 year old son in the hands of strangers (who turned out to be extremely nice in the end) meant that my mother was furious. She tried to get our seating assignments changed: it was futile.
        As a final kick in the nuts (I think this metaphor suits the situation) AA did not give us anything for the fiasco initially. After the completion of our vacation, however, my mother wrote a letter to American and asked for something; anything. All they offered us though was $50.00 off our next flight on AA. It was a big help, since I had already vowed never to fly American again: I still haven't. Maybe I should let it go, but I just hate them so much, oh God I hate them. Anyway, now I fly United and Air Canada. Although not every flight has been hunkydory on AC and UA, it is consistantly good; so i keep going back.
        - Fly United -
        My photos.

Comment

Hey I am very sorry for the problem that you had with American Airlines. I know that they should have handled that sittutation better, and I am sorry that they didn;t use some common sense when analyzing the problem. I hope that one day you will try that airline again, because I strongly believe that American Airlines has changed. Over the years the airline has come far in the way of craeting a better staff that uses compassion and common sence to provide exceptional passenger service. I understand that you love other airlines, and have grown accostomed to some of their competitors, but please, if the oppurtunity presents itself, try American. Give them another chance, after all, "they know why you fly!" (sorry, jsut had to include it, and I meant no disrespect by it). But really, please don not allow one bad experience ruin your view of the airline. It was one experience (and I realize that it was a horrible experience for you), and please do not allow it to become the basis of your outlook of the airline. Once again, sorry for the bad experience.
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

My worst flight experience would have to be on a Royal Airlines L-1011, back in the day. I'd say... 9-10 years ago. Flying from YYZ to SKB, we were about an hour from landing, when we hit an airpocket. In a matter of seconds, we had 'decended' over 12000 feet. The flight attendant, who had been around to clean up the cabin hit the roof, and ended up on my Dad unconsious, while even worse, the cart hit the roof and landed on the passengers in the centre aisle. Scary stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow201
              My worst flight experience would have to be on a Royal Airlines L-1011, back in the day. I'd say... 9-10 years ago. Flying from YYZ to SKB, we were about an hour from landing, when we hit an airpocket. In a matter of seconds, we had 'decended' over 12000 feet. The flight attendant, who had been around to clean up the cabin hit the roof, and ended up on my Dad unconsious, while even worse, the cart hit the roof and landed on the passengers in the centre aisle. Scary stuff!
              Wow, that is more than I have ever heard of happening from an air pocket. I mean the flight attendant, I have heard about that happening to people, but the cart; wow.

AA 1818, yeah I know I should give AA another try, but until either AC or UA drops the ball, I will continue to fly them: I have to have a reason to switch.
              - Fly United -
              My photos.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedFlyer
                Wow, that is more than I have ever heard of happening from an air pocket. I mean the flight attendant, I have heard about that happening to people, but the cart; wow.

AA 1818, yeah I know I should give AA another try, but until either AC or UA drops the ball, I will continue to fly them: I have to have a reason to switch.
                Well, you know as much as I do that physically speaking, the cart would be just as likely to fly upward as the F/A.

Regarding AA, I only recall flying them once. I've flown American Eagle a number of times, but AA only once, YYZ-MIA, and return. Both trips were an MD-80, and it was when they offered More Room Through Coach, and I'll be the first to admit, the seat pitch was fantastic.

Comment

You should let it go, UniterFlyer. Afterall, it was just ONE incident
                  but I think you probably want some incentive to do that... maybe the day AA switches to *A so you can add to your UA and AC miles

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow201
                    Well, you know as much as I do that physically speaking, the cart would be just as likely to fly upward as the F/A.
                    Of course I realize that physically the cart would be just as likely to shoot to the ceiling as a person, but I had never heard of that happening. It was more like an epiphany - realizing that, "WOW!" that could happen.
                    - Fly United -
                    My photos.

Comment

6/1/95 LAX-ORD aboard this plane.

Most uncomfortable 4 hours I ever spent

Comment

Canberra-Melbourne on Virgin Blue... I was sick, my eardrum was about to blow, due to IMMENSE pains because of an infection in my sinuses and the air pressure, I cried... the f/a's certainly saw me, and they chose to completely ignore me. When I asked for a tissue, they would have walked in a big curve to avoid me if they could... they just walked past and didn't even look at me. Also, when I stuck my hand in the pouch to get my sickbag, I got chewed gum on my hand... yummeh... I got my tissue when the passenger beside me asked for one. I was in the aisle seat and it was so obvious that they had seen me but tried to ignore and avoid me...

But yeah... the MEL-CAN flight I did the day before was absolutely perfect, so I have nothing against virgin blue... but I still prefer Qantas (I was still sick when I got on the plane that was to take me from MEL to PER, and they noticed right away and took care of me throughout the flight)

Comment

Originally posted by transitfan
                          6/1/95 LAX-ORD aboard this plane.

Most uncomfortable 4 hours I ever spent
                          No way!? The A320 is very comfortable.
                          -Kevin

Comment

Flight lessons at night doing instrument training after an already long hard day... really made my blood boil under all the stress.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedFlyer
                              Mine was on American...

I was about 8-10 years old and we were going to Florida with routing through DFW (don't ask) from a starting point of YYZ. In Dallas they asked us (my mother, father and me) if we wanted to be bumped off (due to overbooking), and, of course, with the promise of three free flights any were in the 48 contiguous states, we said yes (especially since the next flight was in circa 2 hours to FLL). About 15 minutes after taking our tickets, an employee came over and said that they did not need our tickets and gave them back, but not with different seats inked on. Rather than being together (which we origonally were) we were scattered all over the plane.
                              The notion of having to leave her 8-10 year old son in the hands of strangers (who turned out to be extremely nice in the end) meant that my mother was furious. She tried to get our seating assignments changed: it was futile.
                              As a final kick in the nuts (I think this metaphor suits the situation) AA did not give us anything for the fiasco initially. After the completion of our vacation, however, my mother wrote a letter to American and asked for something; anything. All they offered us though was $50.00 off our next flight on AA. It was a big help, since I had already vowed never to fly American again: I still haven't. Maybe I should let it go, but I just hate them so much, oh God I hate them. Anyway, now I fly United and Air Canada. Although not every flight has been hunkydory on AC and UA, it is consistantly good; so i keep going back.
                              Sounds like a fair deal to me, after all, you do realise that its not so uncommon for children in that age range to sit away from their parents. Hell, when I was that age I was flyin all over the place alone. I thought it was much more interesting than sitting next to my parents.

But you really, really, should let it go, having such a strong hate for AA because you had to sit away from your mommy and daddy (you said the people you sat next to were plenty nice anyway) is a little bit much.

About 3 years ago I was on a delta 757 BOS-RSW (there was a few months in between the end of the delta express and the start of song where delta was using mainline 757s on some of those routes) I had a really bad ear infection and my ears were in tremendous pain while we landed. However it wasn't the worst flight, just a bad part of a good flight. Come to think of it, I almost never have bad flights...
                              Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Working...
                              X