X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Flight You Ever Took

What's the first flight you have ever taken
    Mine was on US Airways ATL-DCA in March 1990

My mom says that it was on a TWA 727 CMH-DCA in 1989, although I have no idea as to whether they operated that route or not. I was 18 months old.

The first flight I remember was CMH-PIT on a USAir DC-9 in June 1992, which was followed by PIT-MIA on a US 737 & MIA-GUA on a UA 737 the next day- we were on our way to pick up my newly adopted brother from Guatemala.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

First one I remember was going from either Boston or Providence to Orlando when I was 5 or 6.

BTW, N776AU, I saw that plane in FLL 4/23/05 .

Comment

Copenhagen - Larnaca, Cyprus in 1998 (I was 12 back then) Around 4 hours, operated by Maersk Air. It was on a 735... LOVED it and I have loved it ever since

Comment

I think it was when I was 1 or 2 I went On a NWA 744 SFO-MSP. That was my first flight I'm pretty sure.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

My first flight was back in 1981's Easter week on a EL AL 742 LIS-TLV. This plane had an unusual configuration as I flew economy class at the front. The flight took approximately 5 hours and it was a very smooth ride. Landing at TLV was perfect, smooth as silk, ideal for a 11 almost 12 year-old beginner. One week later I flew a similar plane TLV-LIS. Landind at LIS was the toughest I have experienced so far on a 747 with oxygen masks dropping and overhead compartments opening. A complete landing experience. I fell in love with the 747 ever since, my favourite airliner in all its variants. First love is the deepest.
            TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Very similar experience with TAP-A343. Parallel universe ... It was the Easter week of 1978, flying from Thessaloniki (SKG) to ATH and it so happened it was on a B747-200 on Olympic Airways. A short 35 minute flight. My father always says that i was acting like crazy, running up and down the aisles and even wanting to go to the upper deck. After all, i was around 8 years old. I have been hooked up ever since, and need i say that the B747 and its variants is my favorite plane? Yes, it was love at first sight.
              YANNIS

Comment

1 week before X-mas 2003, F-50 PH-KVC AMS-DUS-AMS, departure all foggy, but calm, flight went perfect, nice F/A's, Landing in DUS Smooth.
                on the way back we where delayed 40 Minutes due to veerrrrrry bad weather, took off right after a Aeroflot (?) TU-154 at 22:30, Right after take-off the plane went from left to right and back, then, above the clouds, drinks got served, Me had Pepsi Blue , then, on approach Runway 22R @ AMS, under the clouds, heavy Turbulence, at a moment, we where probably in a 40 degree Angle, we touched down, Bounced, nosewheel touched the ground , bounced again, and then whe touched down, Taxied to the appron, took a picture of the cockpit, and went on a bus.....nice mini Review
                Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                - Metzgermeister

Comment

My first ever flight was from Brisbane to Christchurch on a QF 767 painted in Australia Asia titles. From that flight I can remember the great feeling of being pressed into your seat during takeoff and looking at the snow capped mountains before landing in CHC.

[photoid=448351]
                  YBBN - James

Comment

According to parents
                    Route : Bangui-Fort Lamy-Tripoli-Marseille
                    Aircraft : Douglas DC.6B
                    Airline : UAT/Union Aéromaritime de Transports.

Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

It probably was LGA-MIA-ORD-HPN when I was 2 or 3.
                      - The baby will be back -

Comment

From what I have been told by my parents, In October 1986, KLM Cityhopper (I assume F-27) HAM-AMS, with a connection to a KLM 747 to ATL.

Comment

Mine was LHR-ZRH-LHR in 1978. Swissair DC9-51 HB-ISP outwards, with British Airways Trident 3 G-AWZG back. My Dad had a business contact in Lugano (southern Switzerland) who rather generously flew my family out there for a holiday!

Swissair's legendary quality service was apparent on the outward flight, the same cannot be said of BA on the return! That said, I will always be grateful for this trip as it turned out to be my only Trident flight.

Comment

July of 1989...I was 6 months old and based on some research I did, I flew United MKE-ORD-ORF on a BAE 146 and a B727...my only ever '27 and 146 rides.
                            GO SIOUX

Comment

My parents said to me that my first flight was a domestic Melbourne MEL - Sydney SYD onboard Ansett in 1990, but i cant remember that. But a couple of years ago(2001) i flew Singapore Airlines Melbourne MEL to Manila on the B747-400 and B777-200. I remember not sleeping all the flights, too busy palying Claymates on the nintendo, and being really tired after the flight. Hoping to go to Belgrade from Melbourne MEL at the end of November this year. I was also wondering what is it like onboard Emirates and JAT? I might be doing those flights.

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Working...
                              X