CRJ; Which seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRJ; Which seat?

Hey all. I booked an Indy Air flight last night from JFK to IAD. I don't fly often, and I've never flown on a CRJ. I'm wondering, which seat is a good seat (for viewing)? I like taking photos behind the wing to see flap configuration, but I'm not sure if that's possible in the CRJ aircraft. I also don't want to be too far in the back of the aircraft near the bathroom (the smell and noise..) Additionally, I like to be able to see things, not only the wing, but also scenery and the things down below. Thanks for the info in advance!
    Christos Sikoutris
    -----
    UPCOMING FLIGHT(S):
    FLIGHT DATE SEGMENT DPTR ARVL EQP ELPD MILES
    #KLM0644 02JUN JFK-AMS 22H50 12H10 B772 7h20 3643
    #KLC1407 03JUN AMS-MRS 14H50 16H50 F70 2h00 613
    -----
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Well, I can't say for sure, but try to get near the front. On all the CRJ flights I've been on I've sat near the back and it sucks.

Comment

Im going to have to say the one from right behind the terminal glass, CRJ's blow.

Comment

chrisburns, funny comment lol. But I have no choice, I have to fly on the CRJ! And I want to fly on it actually, to experience what all the negativity is about, haha.

So now I'm thinking about changing my seat toward the front of the aircraft. Is this a good choice? (Responses are greatly encouraged)
        Christos Sikoutris
        -----
        UPCOMING FLIGHT(S):
        FLIGHT DATE SEGMENT DPTR ARVL EQP ELPD MILES
        #KLM0644 02JUN JFK-AMS 22H50 12H10 B772 7h20 3643
        #KLC1407 03JUN AMS-MRS 14H50 16H50 F70 2h00 613
        -----
        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by fly.mcs
          So now I'm thinking about changing my seat toward the front of the aircraft. Is this a good choice?
          Yes.
          www.acairport.com

Comment

Yeah, the engines block the last few rows, so try to move to the front. Also, remember the windows are a lot lower than other planes, so you might have to bend down. Luckily, you only have to endure the CRJ on such a short flight, I had to take a 2.5 hour flight on one.
            - The baby will be back -

Comment

Re:

I've flown in CRJ's 11 times now (100's and 200's) and frankly, if you're a first timer, the trailing edge of the wing is the best seat in the plane.

Sure it's a bit noiser than in the front, but it's worth it. I live in the Oklahoma City area, and CRJ's are unavoidable, so you have to take one if that's all the choice you have.

I've noticed newer units are less noisier than the older ones.

Originally posted by babypurin
              Yeah, the engines block the last few rows, so try to move to the front.
              The engines don't block the view even from the last row. I've sat there myself.

But if you want a quieter flight, anywhere before the leading edge is good.

I don't have anything against the CRJ, other than the constant air-conditioning noise. And I have flown the CRJ's on flights of 2+ hours.

Foxtrot

Comment

I've always sat forward of the wing. As long as its not the front row its not too bad.

Comment

My ankles always get cold on CRJ's.... another reason im flying only on United Airlines this summer, not united express. I feel bad for all the passengers who have to fly from BOI-MSP on a Northwest CRJ! that would suck

Comment

Working...
                  X