MDW-PHX-MDW with pics and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDW-PHX-MDW with pics and vids

I took another trip to Phoenix to visit family. This included driving up north to the Grand Canyon, which was an awesome trip.

June 7, 2005

I arrived at Midway at about 6:00am for a 8:40am flight. It took us 45 minutes to check in because almost every Southwest flight that day was full, and the lines were horroundous. After I finally got checked in, I said goodbye to my Mom and headed for the security checkpoint line, which took another 30 minutes. I walked around Midway for a while, and had an Orange Juice before I went to stand near the gate. At 8:25am, I boarded the 737-700 bound for Phoenix. I was the fourth person in the A boarding group to get on the plane.

Southwest Airlines flight 385
    Scheduled Departure Time: 8:40am (Central Time)
    Wheels-Up: 8:57am (Central Time)
    Scheduled Arrival Time: 10:05am (Mountain Time)
    Wheels-Down: 9:59am (Mountain Time)
    Flight Time: 3 hours 28 minutes
    Boeing 737-700, Seat 15A
    Departure Gate: B2
    Arrival Gate: D4
    Baggage Claim: Claim 4

I sat down in Seat 15A. The leather was very comfortable. The plane was spotless. I had a great view of the wing and I noticed that they never really put the fasten seat belt sign on for a while

We pushed back and went right to the runway and took off. Flight time was announced as 3 hours and 28 minutes, and it was. The crew first came around giving little packets of peanuts and took drink orders. Another crew member came around giving out the Southwest Snack Box, with Graham Crackers, Cheese Crackers, and Oreo Cookies. I took the snack box and shoved it in my carry-on bag. I asked for a coffee and it came to me about 15 minutes later.

With about two hours left of flight time, I sat back in my seat and thumbed through the SkyMall and Southwest Spirit Magazines. A lot of things in SkyMall are really overpriced and I can't see myself needing a bracelet that lights up when my cell phone rings or things like that.

We began to fly over the desert, and there were really pretty views. My window was really dirty though I hate when the windows are dirty.

We landed on time and taxied to gate D2. I collected my bags and met my Aunt and cousins. We drove to their house in Scottsdale, Arizona and I stayed the night there. The next day, we all drove up to the Grand Canyon. There are no pictures or descriptions that can describe it - use your FF miles and fly to PHX or even FLG, the Grand Canyon is amazing. We stayed overnight at the Red Feather Lodge which was located about 10 minutes from the entrance to the Grand Canyon in the city of Tusayan, Arizona which is right at the end of Interstate 17. It was a nice hotel, it had a nice Spa which was nice to go in after a long day of hiking.

Ill have the return trip posted in a bit, with more pics. I have a video of takeoff from PHX, you can contact me here or on AIM if you want it.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

awesome report Patrick! Your making me really excited to fly to PHX (also on Southwest Airlines) and Can't wait!!

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Great report I loved Arizona when I was there.
      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Great Report. Looking foward to the return trip.
        - The baby will be back -

Comment

Good Report, I remember going to the Red Feather when the wife and I visited the Grand Canyon a couple years ago.
          SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Working...
          X