Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA LHR-AKL March 2004

Here is my flight report that I posted on Ciao:

We flew Singapore Airlines to New Zealand to visit family and were going to a wedding. We decided on Singapore Airlines because Singapore was located more or less in the centre of London and Auckland.

We boarded a 747-400 at 22:00 GMT, right on time bound for Singapore in a flight that took 14 hours. The friendly crew made this flight feel shorter than my flight to Thailand with Thai Airways.

As we taxied to the runway, we caight site of Concorde G-BOAB. She was very well lit, and it made me feel a bit sad to see her there, waving me off!

As soon as we were inflight, we were given an amenities bag with a toothbrush, toothpaste and flight socks. We were also given a menu with the choices for food and drink.

The personal TVs were a new experience, and allowed me hours of fun, watching friends and ab fab as my favorites! They also had a good selection of music and films as well as games like Super Mario Bros!

We had 2 meals on board our flight. We had main course, which I think was a curry of some sort but you could have chosen from beef, chicken or vegetarian. For breakfast you had a choice of omeletes or noodles, and being adventurous I asked for noodles which came with Jalapinos.

The flight attendants came around nearly every 30/60 minutes with a choice of juice, water, coke or beer. If you drink alot of water it helps keep you refreshed, as I learned from that long haul flight.

The toilets were cleaned nearly every hour, and provided us with amenities like combs, shaving cream and razor, and colone or perfume.

We arrived in Singapore at 19:00 local time. The airport was fabulous! Changi was the only airport I had ever been to with a Koi Pond and Garden in the centre of it!! Aswell as that, there were free internet terminals and a large selection of shops. The whole place was kept clean, which of course ties in with Singapores clean lifestyle.

At 11:00 local time, we boarded another 747-400 Megatop to Auckland. This flight took 9 hours and was a nightflight. This meant that all the light went out and you could either watch a film or tv show, or try and sleep. Im not very good at sleeping on planes, because I'm too thoughtful about what it would be like when we got there, but even I managed to drift off to sleep with the moving map on screen!

During this 9 hour flight, the Singapore flight attendants came around every 30 minutes with drinks, and occasionally came around with food aswell They were able to tell who was sleeping and who wasnt, and I was regularly getting more glasses of water! That didn't help when we were landing at Auckland though!

When we left the plane, we were allowed to leave the plane though the raffles class entrance, which was good! The friendly crew said goodbye to us as we diembarked into sunny Auckland!

2 weeks later, we were on the final day in New Zealand, after doing alot of activities as well as family, such as bungy jumping, dolphin watching and whale watching. We left our rental car at Christchurch international airport to board a Singapore Airlines 777 to Singapore Changi.

What I liked about the Singapore Airlines 777 was that as there was only 3 seats in the centre, I could volunteer to sit alone for the 9 hours! I prefer 777s also because they are a smaller craft than the 747, and so there is more umph when taking off, and in my opinion taking off is the best experience of the whole flight!

This proved to be a very good choice and was even better when you were seated at the very back of the plane with the galley only behind you! This meant I had the best choice of drinks and food !

Halfway though that flight, I was viewing the moving map, and so one of the Singapore Flight attendants showed me how to use Kris World! She as well as all the other crew members were very friendly! One even remembered my favorite preference of drink!

We landed at Singapore at 22:00 local time after again a 9 hour flight from new zealand.

Changi was waiting for us, and the view of Singapore at night through the window was amazing! The lighting at any airport is amazing though.

We had to board a flight for London at 00:30 local time. We had quite a bit of time for shopping, eating and going on the internet for free!

We then boarded a Singapore Airlines 747-400 back to London. This again was a pleasent flight, but not much of it could be remembered as I fell asleep soon after take off!

We arrived back at Heathrow at about 5:00 local time.

We went through security, customs etc and collected our baggage and left Heathrow at about 6:00 GMT.

I was out with friends that same day! It felt like I had awaken from a god night sleep!
Working...
X