Have you ever tasted good airline food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i already did
    Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

About 5 years ago when I was flying on Air Canada frequently the meals were all excellent.

The best airline meals were the meals that were served before deregulation, when meals and service were used to attract customers. Its sad to see those days gone.
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

All the time on CO

Comment

Olympic Airlines has always excellent food and plentiful, since i travel with them all the time..
          But i also should mention Hawaiian Airlines, Alitalia, Air France, Austrian (for long haul) and Finnair (Based on my own experience of course)
          I almost never complain about airline food which i actually enjoy. IBERIA though had the worst pasta i have ever had in my life.
          YANNIS

Comment

ALso on a AA flight, EWR-ORD, I had a really good hamburger!

Comment

BMI both on long haul and short haul

A330- MAN-YYZ
              Wonderful food- choice of 3 main courses- cumberland sausage, vegtable bake or chicken.... didnt taste like airline junk but a proper meal. Served with crispy salad, chocolate and a warm roll and to top it all off ice cream and this was in economy!!! Little things like a bmi glass made a great impression.

A330 YYZ-MAN
              Same great service but the options were like beef, chicken and a vegitarian choice. Same great food plus there were many choices of wine and beverages. Menu cards were also handed out both legs (plus ice cream)

Short haul MAN-LHR
              Even though there was only 35 mins flight time, the snack a pillatti wasnt that bad!!

Squeaky
              "It's a gift...and a curse" (Adrian Monk)

Next Flights:-
              EMA-PRG Easyjet
              PRG-EMA Easyjet

Comment

Maybe i am partial, but i enjoy the food on Olympic Airlines.
                I was also very satisfied on Air France, Singapore, Thai, Finnair, Tap Air Portugal, Hawaiian Airlines, Alitalia and Austrian. Worse i ever had was on Iberia. But still, it was edible. If you chewed well enough....
                YANNIS

Comment

In 1999, I was flying on Korean Airlines between SFO and Seoul (Kimpo) and had very good lasagna. I can't figure how they managed that, unless someone made a special trip up to North Beech.

Comment

AA flying back from JFK in Business, had an excellent medium-rare fillet steak

VS flying to LAX in Upper class oddly enough had the best scones and jam and cream ive ever tasted. Washed down with 4 heavy vodka's and apple juice with a wedge of lime.

A few AA internals (usually on the 763) in F. Lunch is usually pretty good, again washed down with copious amounts of vino

CX to HKG in Business was pretty dam good food if i remember correctly

Those are the ones off the top of my head for now

Comment

Several times -

on CX from HKG to LHR in J, wonderful food!
                      BA TLV-LHR in J, great food!
                      LY HKG-TLV in J, nice food.

Comment

On recent trip with Air Niugini in economy, steak was served for the flights that were catered in Port Moresby. It was very good! The flight attendant even brought out a second serving when I asked.

I was very impressed.

Last edited by YBBN; 2006-12-31, 16:16.
                        YBBN - James

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                          AA flying back from JFK in Business, had an excellent medium-rare fillet steak

VS flying to LAX in Upper class oddly enough had the best scones and jam and cream ive ever tasted. Washed down with 4 heavy vodka's and apple juice with a wedge of lime.

A few AA internals (usually on the 763) in F. Lunch is usually pretty good, again washed down with copious amounts of vino

CX to HKG in Business was pretty dam good food if i remember correctly

Those are the ones off the top of my head for now
                          Ok you jammy git no need to ram it down our throats about your first and upper trips

Saying that.....the "snack" I had flying AA ORD-LAX in first was 100 times better than the dinner I got in economy crossing the pond.

AA's pizza was really suprising too....very, very tasty and i wanted another one.

I've had pretty decent food in MH, SQ and EK economy and QF and BA aren't that far behind either.

On the whole food is alot better now than it was 10-15 years ago.

Comment

Thanks James.. Hmmm, Sttteaaaaak.. Im hungry dude.. !!
                            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I could not make an accurate list at first hand, but I had some good surprises
                              Alain
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

[QUOTE=B7772ADL]

AA's pizza was really suprising too....very, very tasty and i wanted another one.

QUOTE]

I too am a fan of AA's pizzas on transatlantic routes. My fiance is not so keen so i always get two helpings!

On the other hand the lasagne on VS 03 {Jul 2004} was the worst I have ever tasted!

Comment

Working...
                                X