No announcement yet.

Have you ever tasted good airline food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The meals I had on routes like MIA-PTY in '99, MIA-AUA in '00 with AA were pretty good. Also DL ATL-PTY in '01 was pretty good. And AC YUL/YYZ-YVR and back were good too in '01 and '02. Then in '04 my AC flight ORD-YVR was supposed to have breakfast, but the meals didn't get loaded on or something so they gave this big-ass muffin, which was pretty disgusting and gave me gas. And since then, meal service has been pretty much nuts, snack mix, biscoff cookies (those are really good), or nothing on the flights I have been on. Delta is also good to give whole bags of chips or whatever they have and bottles of water. Also this past July on BDL-IAD with United Express, I got orange juice that was foaming on top. I was like WTF, this is the first time I have seen foaming orange juice, and didn't drink it. And I remember back in '03 United gave these nasty egg rolls for breakfast... I refused to eat those as I didn't want to get the shits while traveling, those things were nasty.

Comment

The meal inbound flight to Manchester on the Monarch was very good! Sausage & Mash with vegatables, Gravy, and a Vanila and Chocolate Pudding, It was Brilliant!

Converse

Comment

Olympic has good food. No snack boxes, just hot meals on long haul. Meals served on flights over an hour.
        JFK-ATH, ATH-JFK 2 meals served. This is all in economy class.
        KLM food is pretty good too.
        Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I've been a Southwest guy my whole life. This past summer was my 1st flight on another airline. I flew SAT-EWR and was served a burger like the ones we got in High School. It was better than the one in HS. Then EWR-FCO and I had the chicken with vegetables and a biscuit I think which was gross.. My girlfriend kept ranting "Airplane food is so good so good..." It wasn't all that good. FCO-EWR was lasagna I don't know why I got that I had been eating pasta the past month. Of course I thought it wasn't good because I had been eating the good stuff. EWR-SAT I had cheerios and a banana. The best thing served on these flights was the Mr. and Mrs. T bloody mary mix

Comment

yes, I had some really good food on United Airlines when I was flying first class to Vienna Austria from Portland, OR. on my first flight (PDX-ORD A320) eggs flourantine w/ salsa and fruit, seccond flight (ORD-IAD 763) I got a deli platter with 3 types of deli meat and a warm bagette!, third flight (ORD-Coppenhagen 763) I got some very good beef meal and ice cream, and on my fourth flight (CPH-VIE SAS MD 87) we got a small breakfast. I thought all the food was great! Alaska Airlines also has good food along with Horizon Air!

Comment

I flew Song last year on July 3rd from BOS-LAS. I had 6hrs of TV and ended up having 2 of those Ham and Cheese sandwiches. They were absolutely awesome...but really expensive.

Comment

Honestly, the jalapeno roast beef wraps I had on song were AMAZING for B.O.B. and as far as domestic, eh, Deltas was ok in First, Continental had a good meal for breakfast to and from SXM in First as well.
                Ryan Davis
                Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                www.flyerguide.net

Comment

I used to dig the left over meals that came off of United's flights....Yeah back when a 737-200 or a 727 was around!! Of corse I'm just a fueler, but the cats would sneak me a lunch when I needed one, inbetween fueling my 26 Beech 1900 flights...(no wonder I'm crazy)

Comment

Speaking of food strictly, my buds appreciate PIA a lot. However, if I have to talk about the best has to be Gulf. Gulf I've travelled in first, business and economy all three and even while in economy the food has been great! First class, don't even wana remind myself of the scrumptious buffet or I'll start feeling hungry. Also, the Indian local Sahara airlines was the best breakfast I ever had.

Virgin is pretty good too. What I can't stand regarding airline food is from the far east :S. Cathay and Thai were a tragedy for me (not that they're bad of course would be great for other people).

Comment

• Originally posted by arifpal
                      Speaking of food strictly, my buds appreciate PIA a lot.
                      I must admit PIA food has improved alot recently. At one stage it was dire!! If only the stewardesses would smile for a change...ah if only!!

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotraker
                        I must admit PIA food has improved alot recently. At one stage it was dire!! If only the stewardesses would smile for a change...ah if only!!
                        Yeah i'd love to fly PIA! I love my curry's etc Beats all that sqaushed up crap you get on charters

Don't normally eat plane food, although Thomson gave us cornflakes etc when going to Arrecife. Was better than the normal stuff you get

Comment

• If you ever get the chance to fly PIA I would recommend flying ecomomy plus or better....fly economy at your peril!!! Still don't expect too many smiles from the cabin crew. I tried to get a smile...all I got was a sarcastic smirk.

Comment

• THe snacks on Jetblue are the best...I know everyone talks about the Terra Blue chips, but their oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies are great. Those arent easy to find elsewhere either.

I am not that picky about food. There have been times I have looked forward to airline food mainly because it was a) food, and b) there was the surprise factor,

I once had a dish of chicken in tomato sauce in economy on AA. It was actually quite good, there just wasnt enough of it.

Im Kosher Style, so I order the Kosher meal whenever possible. Those meals are quite good.

I also know someone who orders the Hindu Vegetarian meal. Its supposedly very good Curry.

Comment

Working...
                            X