Btr-atl-sav-iah-btr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btr-atl-sav-iah-btr

First leg of the trip was on a CRJ (Delta). Great weather, the flight was scheduled for 1:32 but we arrived in 1:05. First time on a CRJ for me. I thought it was comfortable and overall a nice flight.
    When I arrived at ATL I had a 3hr wait so I thought I was prepared for the next flight. With less than an hour to board I began to question if the information on my ticket was correct, it wasn't. They had changed gates. The "new" gate was 30 gates away but at least it was in the same terminal.
    ATL-SAV was on a (Delta) 757. I was surprised how noisy it was compared to the CRJ. Lots of noise from flaps, wind noise from landing gear. I guess it didn't help sitting over the wing. This flight was scheduled for 1:00 but we arrived in :38 minutes. I thought it was cool they way flaps raise up on top of the wing to slow the plane down in flight.
    SAV-IAH was on a (Continental) EMB 145 at 0630 hours (to early for me). Take off and climb was super quiet. The guy I was with woke up about thirty minutes into the flight and asked if we had left yet. The only problem on this flight was room. Me and the guy I was with were cramped in the two seats. We were at 36,000 feet on this flight. It was scehuled for 2:30 but we made it in 2:10.
    Last leg was IAH-BTR on a EMB 145. This was much better, I didn't have anyone next to me so it was much more comfy. I really like that Emb otherwise. This flight was scheduled for 1:05 but we made it in :42 minutes!
    My wife timed it perfect to pick me up at the airport. As we landed we crossed over a highway next to the airport and passed right over my wife as she was heading to the terminal.
    I don't get to fly much so I enjoyed this trip.
    It would be nice if the pilots would mention every once in a while where we are at in reference to a city, I guess some people would consider that bothersome though.
Working...
X