Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Taiwanese Carrier is better: CI or BR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Taiwanese Carrier is better: CI or BR?

Hey guys! Im going back to the Philippines this december.. Im thnking of trying a Taiwanese carrier since they have the cheapest tickets.. In your opinion, w/c of BR and CI is better? Thanx in advance..
    -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
    EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
    NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
    NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
    NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
    NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

I wouldnt take my chances on China Airlines for what its worth. Id rather take Eva.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
      I wouldnt take my chances on China Airlines for what its worth. Id rather take Eva.
      I have heard the same that EVA was a far better carrier to fly, this coming from my asian friends whom fly to That area. I asked and most said they preffered EVA.

Alex
      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Safety-wise, EVA
        Click Here for my aviation photographs.
        No Frontiers

Comment

Tol, I would say you should go for EVA.
          hope you're able to catch the 773ER to this flight, if you're lucky enough, which I hope you are.. lucky pare

Originally posted by b777
          Safety-wise, EVA
          huh ?? are you saying CI is not equal with BR concerning safety flights ???
          I dont remember any incidents regarding CI on that matter .. They're reliable, Its fleet are well maintained.
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
            hope you're able to catch the 773ER to this flight, if you're lucky enough, which I hope you are.. lucky pare

I dont remember any incidents regarding CI on that matter .. They're reliable, Its fleet are well maintained.
            I am surprised you don't know about the numerous fatal accidents CI had in the past. They probably have cleaned up their act but who knows. However, I do know that their international flights are quite safe. All I am saying is giving the choice of the two, I would choose BR. However, that doesn't mean I would go out of the way to avoid CI.
            Click Here for my aviation photographs.
            No Frontiers

Comment

Definatey Eva.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Whats the difference between the two in terms of service and equipment?
                -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
                EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
                NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
                NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
                NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
                NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Originally posted by cx777
                  Whats the difference between the two in terms of service and equipment?
                  are you flying out of SFO? If you are both are 744s. I've never flown either one so I can't tell you about the service...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN

Well do you remember the 747 that broke up in mid-flight in 2002, or the several other incidents and citations that they have recieved, if I remember correctly that they were not allowed to fly to the US for a while since their maint/safety was below FAA International allowance standards.

Comment

Well do you remember the 747 that broke up in mid-flight in 2002, or the several other incidents and citations that they have recieved, if I remember correctly that they were not allowed to fly to the US for a while since their maint/safety was below FAA International allowance standards.
                      CI was not allowed to fly to the US for a while? I never knew that, when was this?
                      sigpic

Comment

That wasnt China Airlines ? and it was Air China that broke up midflight in 2002
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Well, On China Airlines, You would probably be flying on the A300B4-622R

But on EVA Air, you'll be flying on an A330-200.

I suggest EVA. More comfort.

Comment

Working...
                          X