Scarebus horror story!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: taking pics inside planes

I did the "right thing" and waited till after the flight and asked the Capt for permission and he told me "NO" and that all picture taking inside planes is illegal and he wrote me up on his flight discrep list or whatever they call it.

That was Northwest Airlink - Pinnacle.

But when I flew with Delta they were more than nice! I guess, being the highest paid pilots in the industry, those DL guys like to show off their "office" LOL

Oh, and about the wing flex... relax. it is normal. There has never been an incident of a wing falling off a plane because it flexed too much. The Airbus that crashed in NY, well basically the tail fell off but there were pre-existing cracks/damage to it.

bruce
    View my photos at JP.Net
    Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
    Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

Hi neighbor....

Sounds like that capt was a prick. I had a group meeting a patient we took to Wyoming that was about 50 people strong, all family members.

They took pictures of everything that had to do with the flight, including most of the kids sitting in the cockpit.. They even took pictures of the immediate family with us. I was very proud to be a part of it, and anyone that bitches about people taking pics while on their airplane needs a reality check. I'd say write the airline and complain, but it probably wouldn't do any good. You and I both know there is no law against taking pics on an airplane, and if you were on my bird, I'd let you take any pics you wanted. Then again I'm still new enough to flying jets that IT still hasn't worn off......
      Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
        Having worked on autopilot systems for many years, I can tell you they don't "cut in" as you say. They can cut "off" at times, and may not want to engage, but I have never seen one turn it self on. Besides, they only do what they are told...
        Fair enough Jeff, but i am merely repeating what I personally asked the captain! He said there was a module upon which the electronics had malfunctioned, and was operating the autopilot functions. (I guess it doesn't mean it turned the autopilot on, but perhaps triggered the actual control surface motors, or however it is done). For all I know he could have cocked up and was blaming it on the autopilot, but thats what the Captain himself told me!
        I walked across an empty land
        I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
        I felt the earth beneath my feet
        Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

He probably goofed... "Must have been a gust"
          Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Originally posted by LRJet Guy
            He probably goofed... "Must have been a gust"
            If he goofed i doubt we'd have had to wait 24 hours for the plane to be fixed They wouldn't try THAT hard to fake a fault!

Comment

Maybe the crew wanted a beer?
              Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me!

Comment

Digital cameras?

I've always wondered if digital cameras were included on the list of devices that must me turned off for takeoff and landing...

But I do know that in the Southwest Spirit inflight magazine, cameras are not on the list so I will shoot until I'm verbally told not to. I caught a great sunrise taking off from TPA last month.
                  Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

nope, I have used the digital camera on many flights now and never a problem. I even pull out the big-ass lens and never had a problem.

bruce
                    View my photos at JP.Net
                    Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                    Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

Working...
                    X