Skytrax is on crack: AF from ATL-CDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrax is on crack: AF from ATL-CDG

Oh, only If I could walk down the Pont Neuf again, and stare at the glory of the Ile de la cite. If only I could Stare up in awe at the Spanish Steps, and walk over to Trevi Fountin. If only I could stare skywards into the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, and bask in the hot Roman sun. If only I could swim in the Tyranian Sea again! If only I could return to Stephansplatz and see Sigmund's old home! If only I could see the Danube once again!

Like all good thing's, my Europe trip came to a sad end. After 2 weeks and 2,300 dollars, I was on a A321 towards Paris-CDG with an onward ticket to Atlanta....

So let me just go back to the Seine once more.... atleast while writing this

JUNE 3 2003
    Air France 301
    Atlanta-Paris CDG
    Seat 44C
    B777-200ER
    Depart 1615
    Arrive 0630

I registered my self for one of those school tours of Europe for fun in September, and my dad agreed to let me go. So after paying and getting ready for my trip for 271 days, the day finally arrived. My mum and pa and sis came down to the airport, and I met up with the rest of the tour group ( about 32 people). I quickly checked in, and found me to get an aisle in the 3-3-3 seating. 44C. My friend had 44E and we decided to switch seats with the person in 44D. All in all, checkin went smooth. I handed over my passport, the lady glanced at it, and presented me a boarding pass. She told me no windows were available.

After taking the people mover to Concourse E, My group of friends went to Burger King for a snack. I had Fries and a Medium Coke. By the time all of us finished our food, AF 301 to Charles de Gaulle was preboarding. To not worry the chaparones, we ran back to the gate. AF has only 48 rows on their 777-200ERs, so I knew we'd be one of the first to board.

Finally We boarded the plane. I liked the blue seats; it was an interesting change. I took my seat and noticed that there was no seat D! The seats were in an odd configuration! ABC-EFG-JKL was the plan. Great! So no need to switch with anyone for my friend. Then I looked up at the PTV. It had many things to do on it, including music, free games, TV, cinema, flight info, AF opinion, and shopping. I also noticed that I had a footrest. I settled into my seat....and then then a couple that couldn't be older than 17 came and took 44A and B. My friend settled into his seat, and we chatted upto the point when the plane started the take-off roll. I timed the take off roll at 37 seconds.

IN about 20 minutes, the seatbelt sign was switched off. I got out cards, and we began to play Egyptian Ratscrew. A juvenile game, but it passes time! And then the couple next to me started to kiss and smooch. I figured the guy should have a little fun (some one ought to.... ) We kept playing the game, and then the couple started feeling eachother and rubbing and crap! UGH!!!! Damn! That grossed me out! JOin the mile-hi in the bathroom, not ur seats buddy! THey quit after 20 minutes when dinner was served. I got dinner first, since my vegetarian special mean came in.

I got a piece of stinky cheese and some kind of mushroom rice. I believe I got a fruit plate, bread, and a chocolate cake slice too. Oddly enough, it was good! Normal meal was the same as mine, but with Veal or Chicken. After the meal service, it was dark outside. The couple went to sleep- she leaned over him, and her feet constantly jabbed my legs since she was putting her legs on the seats. I kept pushing them, since they were all over my seat. how annoying...jeez! She finally got the idea and stopped poking me.

The movie was How to lose a guy in 10 days, which I rate as a zero star movie. I just sat there until the flight neared the UK, and then read the AF Magazine over. They had a picture essay on the Concorde. The mag had an updated fleet info page (Concorde was not on it).

Finally, the pilot announced that we were on approach. IN 20 minutes, we were on the ground. The landing was very nice, and I oculdn't even tell the wheels had touched the runway in CDG. I glimpsed out the window and saw fog and rain. You couldn't see 100 feet infront of you from the window! Damn! Bad weather for seeing PAris! I preoceeded out of the plane, and picked up my stuff from baggage claim. All they did was glance at my passport, and left me alone. Noone even stamped it or anything. No one checked our bag tags to our receipt or anything. After 3 hours in Paris traffic, we reached our hotel. BY this time, the clouds were gone and the sun was beating down on Paris like mad! And I picked my self off the bed in our gotel and began my best vacation in years....

I give the flight a 5 out of 5. Who ever says AF sucks is smoking something very strong. THey had one of the best flight crews I've flown with, and the Tempo class product was the best Ive had in any airline. they had more recline and pitch than most others, and the food was edible. Also, they gave more moist towelettes than any other airline ive flown....

So hats off to you, Air France!

Im not sure, but i think it was F-GSH....glad some one agrees on the toilet deal!

Comment

Europe's beautiful huh... Haven't been in Belgium?
      My JetPhotos.Net pictures

Comment

Re: Skytrax is on crack: AF from ATL-CDG

Nice report, ATLcenter!

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Europe so much!

Originally posted by ATLcenter

I give the flight a 5 out of 5. Who ever says AF sucks is smoking something very strong. THey had one of the best flight crews I've flown with, and the Tempo class product was the best Ive had in any airline. they had more recline and pitch than most others, and the food was edible. Also, they gave more moist towelettes than any other airline ive flown....

So hats off to you, Air France!
        Unfortunatly, that's not my experience with AF. Flew with them from CDG to Havana, Cuba last year and it was awful. Very bad service, the cabin crew couldn't care less about the passengers and was even rude to them at times. After boarding at CDG we stayed at the gate for more than an hour in a hot aircraft and no reason whatsoever was given. No PTV's on the old 742 (as to my expectations) but the entertainment on the mainscreens (which were switched off most of the time) was pretty lame and only French music was available on the audio channels. All in all one of my worst flights ever!

Will be travelling to J'burg (JNB) on AF next month, though. Since our Belgian carrier Sobelair will cease flights to JNB, our travelagent rebooked us on AF. I guess I'll give them a second chance. Flight will be on an 744. Does anyone know if AF has PTV's on their 744's?

Comment

Working...
        X