Good-bye Europe! AF VIE-CDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good-bye Europe! AF VIE-CDG

After myvacation, It was time to leave! So we left for VIE and reached with a heavy head and a sad heart.

JUNE 14 2003
    AF ?1139?
    A321
    DEpart 1210
    Arrive 1420
    Seat 30F

Once in VIE, we went to Terminal B. I checked in and found that I had window seats on this flight and on my next flight to ATL. I had NO money on me, so I just sat next to Starbucks in the airport while others spent their last money. I had to guard their bags. I took a nap (really effective guarding, eh?) and when I woke up, half the group was around me, chatting and talking. I joined in, and pretty soon, it was time to board! I climbed into the seat, and two other people from the tour took seats 30D and E. The take off was uneventful. We taxied for about 20 minutes. I bid farewell to Austria. After an hour, the meal service began.

Let me point out that I didn't think US Majors were terrible before this trip. I liked them. But now, I think the are HORRIBLE!!! I got no food on a 3 hr MSP-ATL flight. ON this flight from VBIE-CDG on AF, I got a full hot meal. Warm pasta with cheese, a fruit salad, bread, cheese, a drink, and the usual bag of peanuts were given. All of it was good, and in 45 minutes, all of it was gone.

After the meal service, we were approaching Paris. I looked outside my window, and saw CDG! DAMN! I scrambled and found my camera and took picture of it. It was beautiful, since the weather was cloudless.

And then the part that made the flight most memorabe came to be. I saw a small white thing off the ground. It was moving...not too fast though. I looked carefully and made out that it was a flying triangle. NO!!!! I already figured it out and started taking pictures when the captain announced it. It was a Concorde, on its way to Le Bourget from CDG. I took 5 pictures of it immediatly. Wow! THat was something to never forget. I was hoping to see a concorde on the trip...and i saw one! NEver been as happy.

Then the plane tok a turn to align with the runway. at first, I had seen CDG. Then on the turn, the city of Paris was all visible. I could spot the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower and the Louvre and Nortre Dame. It was beautiful. I took more picture of that. Everything was awesome...and then we passed the airport fence and landed rather harshly in PAris. I exited in Hall 2D and the transfered to 2C, where I saw our flight to ATL. I found a lost calling card, so I dialed home and spoke with me mum for the next hour....

And then the part that made the flight most memorabe came to be. I saw a small white thing off the ground. It was moving...not too fast though. I looked carefully and made out that it was a flying triangle. NO!!!! I already figured it out and started taking pictures when the captain announced it. It was a Concorde, on its way to Le Bourget from CDG. I took 5 pictures of it immediatly. Wow! THat was something to never forget. I was hoping to see a concorde on the trip...and i saw one! NEver been as happy.
    Wow!!!
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Yes indeed! It was perhaps the most memorable thing about the trip period! I remember the Concorde better than the Eiffel Tower!

Comment

Working...
      X