• Going home from Europe...blend of sadness and relief

AF 304
    CDG- ATL
    B777-200ER
    F-GSPS
    Depart 1615
    Arrive 2005
    Seat 443L

Since I had come in from VIE, checkin was not needed. BOarding commenced and I was among the first to get on, since I was seated in the back. I got comfy, and once again, the good service came through. (read Skytrax is on crack). The two seats next to me were soon occupied by. The aisle went to a burly Georgian who had an accent to prove it, and the centre was taken by a woman from Athens, GA who had lived in Nice for the past 5 weeks.

Take off was uneventful as normal. I counted the take off roll to be 35 seconds. The meal service started shortly after the Irish coast passed. My special vegetarian meal was a mushroom-beans-potato rice that had been spiced up a bit by something. It was good, so I ate it pretty fast. After meals were taken away, I watch the movie- Catch me If you can. I LOVED it! It was very good. Man, that Abagnale can do things! I watched it twice, before playing matching and pong and Pac-Man with the PTV. I dozed off somewhere around Ice land, and found us to be past Greenland. Stayed up for half and hour and the fell asleep again. When I woke up, we were making landfall over New foundland. Yay! Five more hours to go! I dozed off again and woke up around NYC. I promised not to sleep for the rest of th trip, so I took an ample amount of Coke. I mustve drank atleast 7 cans of coke on the stretch from New York to North Carolina. I think I pissed the cabin crew off, but they didnt show it.

Approach into Atlanta was beautiful, since the sun was setting and the sky was a golden brown. We passed Stone Mountain, and flew over my house in North east Atlanta. I got a nice view of the skyline. We flew over Interstate 85, the ford factory, and finally landed back at home!

Once in customs, I passed easily since I bacame an American citizen instead of INdian two weeks before the trip. And for the first time ever, the lady who stamped me back into the USA said welcome home....

So yeah, I was finally really Home.

Very Interesting report.

One way to find out if the f/a's were really pissed off with you - ask to see the cockpit after the aircraft has parked.

If they say yes, then you're fine. If they say no, then you had one coke too much!
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

gue ss i couldve tried it....

Comment

Working...
      X