MAN > LHR > MAU > MAU > LHR > MAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAN > LHR > MAU > MAU > LHR > MAN

Well you join me on a one week trip out to Mauritius just southwest of Africa. We begin at Manchester Airport UK. I arrive at Terminal 3 trying to figure out who/where to go as i usually fly with bmi but not today! This time i'm with BA to LHR on the 12:10pm flight. So we get to checkin after a queue of about 15 people and as its domestic no special ID is needed. So we go through checkin and it is very different to the bmi section of T3 as in the BA section there is shops and a restaurant. The bmi section of course is basically i bunch of departure gates. Ok we go straight through to the jetway and board the plane at about 11:45. The aircraft today being BA 757 G-CPEO My seat number being 19A which is just behind the wing.
    [photoid=88799]
    Ok we depart about 5-10 minutes late due to the runway changeover at Manchester at 1200. Straight up into the air through a couple of bumby clouds we soon got to about 17000ft-19000ft in the cruise. Dinner was a Chicken sandwich with some dodgy mustard sauce on it mmm lol. Anyway as with the short flight we were just finishing are drinks ( ie coke ) and the engines died down indicating the beginning of descent. We was just after passing Birmingham airport or to the people familiar the HON VOR and we descend about 5 minutes after passing there. We had to hold over BNN as per usual LHR is very busy and we had to expect a 15 minute delay. After a hold over BNN we were vectored onto finals to RWY 27R at LHR.
    [photoid=102185]
    It looked like a manual landing with the sudden shifts of movement. We touched down 27R at about 12:50pm
    [photoid=102186]
    We taxi straight to the gate as 27R is right next to T1 at LHR nice and easy flight now comes for the longest ever flight i've been on LHR to MAU a gruelling 12 hour flight great hehe.
    See part 2

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
    View the Darkside

New part is on

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
    View the Darkside

Comment

Very nice. I like the pics.

Comment

Working...
      X