Kingman, AZ Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingman, AZ Photos

Stopped at Kingman on the way home from Las Vegas & thought you all might like some pics- Kingman always has an interesting stash of aircraft. The TWA L10's have been there for years along with DHL's 722s. There were TONS of US Do328's- I'm guessing as part of the merge US is either pulling them or storing them until they find routes. Sorry for the quality & the fence. Enjoy.

Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Sweet pics. I remember the L-1011s already standing at Kingman some 5 years ago, along with quite a few Saudia MD-90s waiting for delivery or test flights. As far as the 328s go, US has actually removed them quite a few months ago, in their attempt to reduce prop flying and getting more RJs. Had nothing to do with HP.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting mix of birds there. I might be heading to PHX in the spring and I might have to make a trip to Kingman.

Comment

Some active interesting residents such as the converted DC4s fire fighters, the CL215 and the Albatross. Prior to the TWA 1011s, Kingman AZ has been the death place of lots of ex-
        British Airways 707-436s
        United DC.8-21s
        ValueJet DC.9-32s
        and more
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

When were you in Kingman, AZ. I was there on Friday and Saturday, 30th and 31st of DEC. LOL!!! I got a few pics also.
          Ryan Davis
          Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
          www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Thats a nice mix, I wonder how long that Eastern J31's been there.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I went to Kingman in January 1992, on a day trip from Las Vegas. Just a few L1011's and Midway DC-9's then, along with a nice C-54 water-bomber and a C-123. Seems to be getting worth another visit soon!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
                When were you in Kingman, AZ. I was there on Friday and Saturday, 30th and 31st of DEC. LOL!!! I got a few pics also.
                Haha! We stopped by on X-mas Day...were driving back to PHX & I convinced my parents to let me detour to KIGM. Were where you visiting Ryan?
                Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

hahaha.....I know this is reviving another very old thread but I'm looking for as much info as I can for my upcoming trip. Is this Kingman place photographer-friendly? How do you get to shoot the close-up shots?

How far is this from Phoenix?
                  View my photos at JP.Net
                  Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                  Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

Don't know about the spotter-friendliness these days, but Kingman is around 200 miles from Phoenix via US-60 and US-93. If (for some reason) you only drive interstate, it's around 280 miles.

Comment

yeah, that's why I like to find out how others' experiences were so I'll know if I should go. of course I could fly into LAS and drive down into AZ too.
                      View my photos at JP.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                        yeah, that's why I like to find out how others' experiences were so I'll know if I should go. of course I could fly into LAS and drive down into AZ too.
                        That depends on when you are going. During high season, passing the Hoover Dam is an absolute b!tch due to all the tourists. Although alternatively you could take the longer way via Bullhead City/Laughlin, though a large part of that route is only single-lane traffic per direction.

Comment

...and I suppose February is high season? Must be nice weather down there, as opposed to here with the cold and snow (the forecast for sunday's Packers-Giants game is near zero!)

Allegiant flies to LAS cheaper than NWA goes to PHX. so I have to decide fairly quickly.
                          View my photos at JP.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                            ...and I suppose February is high season? Must be nice weather down there, as opposed to here with the cold and snow (the forecast for sunday's Packers-Giants game is near zero!)
                            There will probably be quite a few snowbirds around, but it shouldn't be as bad as during summer (usually June-August).

Comment

If you're going into Vegas and down to IGM over Hoover Dam, you'll be just fine if you leave Vegas before 9am. The tourist traffic to the dam doesn't really start backing up until about 10am... and if you hit it after 12 noon, you'll be waiting quite some time.

Normal caveats apply to Fridays and Sundays... everyone from PHX heads into Vegas on Friday nights, and heads back to PHX Sunday afternoons, so traffic in the appropriate directions will be VERY BAD around those times.

Regarding IGM, no you can't get on the field, but most of the stuff worth shooting is right up near the fence. Afternoon light is best, especially for the Tristars and other good stuff. I've never even seen anyone around the perimeter fence, let alone been approached by someone.

Enjoy your trip!
                              Trump is an idiot!
                              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X