Aa Stl-dfw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aa Stl-dfw

Hey All. I flew to DFW to meet up with a friend of mine who was an airliners.net member, his screen name there is TEXAN, and his name is Patrick, so here is the report and pictures.

Well after talking to TEXAN for awhile, We decided to meet up.

Friday the 17th I drove up to St. Louis to visit my Cousin, who is a state trooper for South St. Louis County. We hung out, went out driving and had dinner and I retired to bed after checking the weather for Dallas. It did not look like it was going to be good.

Next day, I woke up, and got in my car, went to get gas, and headed out on 270 and out to the airport. Parked at the parking lot. I got on the shuttle. She asked me where I was going to, I said Dallas. She said no what terminal, I said OH East Terminal... then NO WAIT, Main Terminal!

Guess I was flying SWA just a bit too much, I was so used to flying SWA I automatically said SWA haha. She said ok and we went to the Main Terminal. I walked inside and checked in for the flight. It was showing on time so far so hopefully thats good! I cleared security and called Patrick to let him knwo I was at the airport and to see how the wetaher was doing. I walked to gate C-16 where my Flight was leaving from. the ex TWA 757 was sitting at the gate in the freezing cold. I walked around the Terminal and went down to the Intl Gate area again. I saw quite a few interesting things. One was seeing the OLD gate signs of GATE 50, 51, 52 etc etc I got super excited seeing that.

You can see gate 51 piled up on top of the Gate C-36 Counter. I had no idea where they came form but it was SO cool to see that!

Digital Moniters are being set up around the Concourse, two more examples of them.

I walked back to the Gate as it was getting near time to Board. Talked to a very nice gentleman who was going on a business trip to China. He said he flies SWA domestically, and AA intl for his business trips. He also appreciated DAL being open to STL as well as his work sends him to a company right by DAL and he also has friends whom live within DAL so he says he will be sure to use DAL more often now. It was time to start boarding and we said good bye. I got on board with Group 4 and sat down at the window. a 757 again at last, have not been on a 757 since March 10th, 2005. lol yes I actually knew that hahaha.

Looked out the window.

Everyone else finished boarding. Thankfully, no one sat beside me, but I had a man sitting on the aisle, and a SLU student sitting behind me. The TV came down from the ceiling and they started the safety briefing. We backed out and headed to R-30L.

Here, we started the take off. as usual with a 757 it was immediat and we were pushed back into our seats. In almost no time at all we lifted off into the cloudy skies.

Reached Cruising Altitude.

That is exactly how it looked for the rest of the flight. They served either Ornage Juice, Coffee, breakfast drinks basically, but we could request other drinks if it was requested. I sat back and kinda tried to sleep. Maybe got a few minutes inbetween. I was very tired after waking up at 5:00am. That's what i get for taking an early flight though! CBS Eye on American played the entire trip, boring. I never watch CBS anyhow so nothing interested me. The guy in the aisle was VERY alert of what was going on outside. Every Bump, creak startled him and he would look out the window trying to see, obviously nothing but clouds for miles. Soon they announced the descent for DFW. We started going into the clouds.

Spoilers came up, I felt we were too high but thats feeling haha I know nothing about flying as a passenger viewpoint

We were rapidly descending quite fast. I was thinking a rocket going through piercing the clouds haha. Still in the clouds, then the landing gear dropped, like WTF? I was thinking exactly how LOW are we to the ground?! about minute and a half later we are still in the clouds, i felt the nose go slightly up to prepare for final approach, then the clouds broke though and we were 30 seconds from landing, HOLY CRAP! We then touched down and we slowed down.

When I called Patrick at STL we were for gate C-19. Ok, when we landed, they announced C-15, Oh great. So I called Patrick to say the gate was now C-15 and to go there instead for the baggage claim. We sat on the taxiway for a long time waiting for the plane to leave the gate. We started moving, and we taxied past gate C-15, ok WTF now...I called Patrick and said ok..we are not going to gate C-15, so I thought it was gonan be 19 again.....passed 19..ok nope not 19. We stopped parralel to C-21. SO I said to Patrick, i THINK its 21....then the engine shut down. Odd....We started to move again and I looked out to see us getting Towed in. now THATS strange why would we be towed in?!

I called Patrick again, and confirmed it was indeed C-21 and that I would meet him in baggage claim 25. I hung up and waited for everyone else to get off. I grabbed my bag and got off the plane. I turned left and walked torwards Baggagae Claim. I saw Patrick and went up to him. Said Hey and we went into the Car.

We immediatly went to the CR Smith Museum. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PLACE TO GO TO! It is freaking AWESOME! So many AA stuff, and of course they had a few TWA stuff as well which I of course loved to see. Then we went to the PLaza Area and went spotting for quite a bit.

It was funny how we were spotting. Because it was freezing rain, it took all we could to stand out there before we were frozen to the ground. We saw some kick ass stuff, BA 777, LH A330 had landed earlier, we saw ATA L1011, 757 and ATA 733 as well.

I mustered one good shot of the ATA 733

Patrick(TEXAN from airliners.net) hiding behind his clothes, freezing. We were C-O-L-D!

We were waiting for that BA 777 to come in and we were sitting in the car waiting and waiting and finally Patrick yelled there it is, and of course the plane was landing on the other side of the field, far away from where I could get a picture Dang it!

Of course we saw the usual AA MD80, 777, and 738, 757 767. Boring!! haha.

I wnated to go see DAL so we drove out there, and got to see the famous DAL airport that is loved by so many here

Then we grabbed lunch, and talked about the YYZ meet, LAS meet and everything in between. Went back to DFW and he dropped me off for my DFW-STL flight coming back home (which will be next up).

I had a GREAT time in Dallas, many thanks to Patrick for meeting up with me and using up his saturday to do so. Dallas really is an amazing city and I aboslutely loved it, even if it was so cold! Sorry I brought the cold weather to Dallas!! haha.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Re:

Gr8 flight review and photos, enjoyed it.

Foxtrot

Comment

Don't you know another forum member who lives in Dallas? That's ME! Too bad I didn't know you were coming. I just sat around my house Saturday. Founder's Plaza is a great place to spot at DFW. I go out there occasionally. You'll have to come back to town when the weather's nicer like in April.

I saw the first AA MD-80 back at DAL last night!
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

always enjoy reading your reports, cant wait for the return leg

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

Working...
        X