Welcome back in NinetyTwo ...and quite a few PICs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back in NinetyTwo ...and quite a few PICs

And thanks ever again for your visits and comments. Another year now starting. Fewer rides, but practically no type and airline overlapping with '93. As for your first rides, a MD11 and a 747 get the lead roles. Enjoy the rides.

Alain

April 16/17th 1992
    RG 729
    Mc Donnell Douglas MD11, PP-VOQ, 48435/478
    Paris/CDG 1-Rio de Janeiro/Galeon (origin Amsterdam, dest Sao Paulo),
    4,946 nm
    23.20 / 05.40+
    Airborne 10 hrs 55
    Seat 29L

[photoid=5713178]

Boarding was called for at 23.12 as the weeks old MD11 had arrived early from Schipol. Configurated in a 2+5+2 layout as far economy was concerned, the mighty trijet was in fact half-full or half empty depending of your position.
    So getting two seats by the window was not a problem and I picked 29L. Pushback off course came next at 23.24 while a first round of oshiburis was processed with. Spooling up the engines was next on agenda at 23.26 and four minutes later we vacated the gate. Westerly winds were prevailing and accordingly we rotated from runway 27/09 at 23.40.
    Life on board was punctuated by a four course dinner and associated choice of drinks, two movies, quite a few small features on Rio, trying squeezing a couple of hour sleep, another round of Oshiburis and breakfast.
    Still in the dark, we initiated the descent at 05.05. Next were the finals fifteen minutes later and landing at 05.25. Five more minutes were required to reach the gate, during which we taxyed past a FAB/Força Aerea Brasileira 707 hosting the main remote ramp opposite the terminal.

The place was very busy as incoming Varig fleet members filled the gates. They ranged from brand new 747-400s to numerous 737-300s. Mingling in between were a Pluna DC.8-62 leased from Nationair and a Cruzeiro 727-100.
    Starting with local born jewellers Stern, shops were already opened....

April 17th
    RG 910
    Boeing 747-2L5B/SCD, PP-VNA, 22105/435, Lybian Arab NTU
    Rio de Janeiro/Galeon-Buenos Aires/Ezeiza-(final destination Montevideo)
    1,078 nm
    09.00/12.10
    Airborne 2 hrs 42
    Seat 55L

[photoid=5715261]

But it was soon time to report for boarding as November-Alpha was still being serviced at gate, economy class was configurated in a 3 + 4 + 3 and looked pretty used up, I landed on seat 55L and push back finally materialized at 09.20 and so did spooling up at 09.25. Txi came next and we rotated at 09.39 and then started mapping out Rio de Janeiro, I was so exited that I overlooked the BLURR from the pipes of the CF6/50s :nono:

Part of the Harbour area

Santos Dumont

Pao de Azucar

Pao de Azucar, Ipanema and Leblon beaches
    [photoid=5713988]
    A full meal services was provided and my neighboors were Argentines living in New York who made it back for some holidays.
    Getting close, overflying the extensive Rio de la Plata estuary

Then according to a well oiled mechanism, descent at 12.10, finals at 12.17 and landing at 12.21.

Till the next

Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

awesome!

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Great report Alain. And lovely photos.

Edit : Hmm I cant seem to find any photos of the Pluna DC.8-62 leased from Nationair and the Cruzeiro 727-100 on the net.
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Cool report and photos.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Thanks again for your comments and keep flying
          For MaxPower
          http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0468473/M/ the DC.8-62
          http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0722419/M/ one of 15 view on SC 721
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Alain, your reports are brilliant, and I enjoy reading them. Like other forum members, I really think you should write a book on your travels.
            “If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot.”
            Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
              Thanks again for your comments and keep flying
              For MaxPower
              http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0468473/M/ the DC.8-62
              http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0722419/M/ one of 15 view on SC 721
              Alain
              Ahhh Truly classic. I have some Cruzeiro photos which was taken by my stepfather. Will check it out and post it here.

Love the DC-8. I also have some photos in previous SK colours. (Some in Viking cs and the stripes livery.)

Thanks for finding them for me Alain..

Cheers

Comment

Great report and photos! I always loved that RG livery!
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Yeah I agree. That was one of the classic I liked. I miss them.

Comment

nice pics
                    Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

Working...
                    X