Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone of you tried SQ (CPH-SIN) or CX LHR?-HKG before ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and i also flew Emirates to BKK in Y/F and Emirates was very good. I would still preference VS though.

Chris
    Chris Sharps
    5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
    17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
    24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
    1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Haven't flown LHR-HKG/SIN at all. Actually haven't flown SQ for a long time, but flying on CX quite frequently.

Assuming you are flying Economy. CX has retrofitted many of its 747-400 with the new interior already so you get AVOD and more importantly, only on CX (at least for now) seats that recline but don't recline into the space behind, i.e. while you have the normal limited recline, your own space is not intruded by the seat in front of you. Meals are good as always.

If you are flying business class, the flat bed awaits you, but that's the same case as in SQ.

On top of that, I believe CX gives you more flexible connection to MNL via HKG since CX flies 6 times a day to MNL while SQ only 2 or 3 times a day.

Both airports (SIN and HKG) are equally as good so you have a lot of shops and restaurants to choose from in case you have a few hours to spend during connection.

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
      Never flown on Finnair but from what I hear it should be okey, I would though choose Singapore Airline over Finnair any day! Finnair MD11's don't have screenes in the back of the seats, Singapore B777 does.
      Finnair uses A340-300 on their HEL-HKG route now. The MD11s are no longer used on the route. So I think you have IFE.
      Next:
      None Planned

Comment

Flown SIN-LHR vv about 20 times on SQ J/Y in the last 6 years. Always experienced excellent service on board.

Comment

get on a train to Frankfurt and fly SQ to Singapore from there, that way you can take the evening flight and sample their new 773ER.
          Last edited by Longreach747; 2008-08-25, 00:26.

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

Working...
          X