Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone of you tried SQ (CPH-SIN) or CX LHR?-HKG before ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone of you tried SQ (CPH-SIN) or CX LHR?-HKG before ?

versus

Hello guys..

I am positive on targetting Cathay or SIA to fly with on my Balikbayan tour.
    I find SAS too expensive. Flying on monkey class (Prefer to use my allowance on my destination instead on the tickets.)

Possible routes :
    SIA : CPH-SIN-MNL
    CX : CPH*-LHR/AMS/FRA?-HKG-MNL

? = n/a
    * = Codeshare

Do you have any good recommendations on what to use between these two ?
    Or if you suggest another airline, that would be great.

I have been to Airlinequality.com, but I dont like the reviews there.

All I read is whinin, whinin, and again, all whiners..

All Im asking about is what would you use on your european-asian flight leg if you were going....(Economy only)

Thanks in advance. !
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

I have taken the CPH-SIN twice with Singapore Airlines back when they used B747-400 on the rute. The service was very good both times and I can only recomend it. As far as I know there service is still good, and there B777 are realy nice inside in economy class!

Soren
    Regards
    Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

My experiences on both date back to almost 10 years ago. However, I would have a dilemna in making a selection between both, as I have good memories enough to find it difficult to nominate a clear winner...
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Well I have found CX to be a little cheaper, but comparing both on services, IFE and such on.. Im still not sure what to choose. Why I made this thread is that I havent flown with them on this sectors before (Europe to Asia)...

Thanks Soren and Alain for your feedbacks. Its appreciated !

Comment

CX is quite good apart from their seats are a bit small I found. Very airline, I've done LHR-HKG on CX, very good!

Comment

I flew last year with SQ FRA-SIN-AKL and SYD-SIN-FRA on B744's in economy and those were my best flights in economy ever.

The service is superb, Krisworld (SQ's IFE) is absolutely amazing, food is good and plentiful. Seat pitch is only 32'' but seats are confortable. Planes are spotless and the flights were always on time.

SQ is my favourite airline by far and I will fly with them whenever possible even if they're more expensive.

Cheers.
            TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Thanks for your feedback Tappy . I appreciate this !

Comment

I flew SQ CPH-SIN-MEL and PER-SIN-CPH back in 2004, and I absolutely ADORED it!

As for CX... I haven't tried them, but I'd still pick SQ

Comment

Take VS LHR-HKG.
                  Only flown CX LHR-HKG in J - no complaints here.

Comment

Another option on the block.

How about AY on the Helsinki-HKG leg.. ???
                    I should try this instead.

Comment

Never flown on Finnair but from what I hear it should be okey, I would though choose Singapore Airline over Finnair any day! Finnair MD11's don't have screenes in the back of the seats, Singapore B777 does.

Soren
                      Regards
                      Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Selecting SIA.

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
                        Never flown on Finnair but from what I hear it should be okey, I would though choose Singapore Airline over Finnair any day! Finnair MD11's don't have screenes in the back of the seats, Singapore B777 does.

Soren
                        That made my choice then. IFE is definitely important for me.
                        I'll sure have to remember to make a report on this flight. Thanks again Soren !

Comment

i always take CX..i always find my journey very exciting with CX.. i tried SQ once but..it wasnt worth it for me.. the seats are too hard

Comment

My cattle class experiences on the London - Asia route, with Australia as the final destination are.....

Japan Airlines. 747-400. 32" seat pitch.
                            Very good service, good food/drink with a mix of western/oriental cuisine, reasonably comfortable seats, seatback IFE and an airport hotel overnight if the connection deems it necessary. (We arrived Japan about 1500-1600 and left following morning about 1000)

Singapore Airlines. 747 - 400. 32" seat pitch.
                            Excellent service. Excellent food/drink. Rather hard seats. Superb AVOD IFE in seat back. Good connection times averaging 2 hours.

Thai Airlines. 747 - 400. 34" seat pitch. (Bangkok as final destination)
                            Good service. Good food/drink. reasonably comfortable seats. Screen IFE so no choice in what you watch ( unless it's recently changed ? ). Onward journey was to Phuket so connection times were around hourly.

Last time we went to Thailand we went Etihad Business class. Absolutely stupendous !!
                            A330, A340, B777. 33" seat pitch in economy. 78", personal cocoon, lie flat bed in business.
                            Heard good comments from cattle class passengers. Very good food/drink. Amazing AVOD. Requires to stage through Abu Dhabi with around 3 1/2 hr average connection times.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I've never flown CPH-Asia however i have flown LHR-Asia.

VS LHR-HKG/NRT Y - GReat service and a great airline! Can reccomend!

SQ MAN-SIN J - The old Skybed is pretty good and the service is fantastic on SQ!

LHR-HKG CX J - Again very good. Can definately reccomend!

Overall i would go VS if i had to go Y, i prefer their atmosphere and the treatment from the staff which is always fun and good!

Chris
                              Chris Sharps
                              5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                              17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                              24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                              1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Working...
                              X