MDW-BUF-MDW with pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDW-BUF-MDW with pictures

I'm a little late in posting this, as the trip happened at the end of April, but oh well, better late than never. I was going to Buffalo, NY with a group from school, for our AFS Club (AFS is an exchange student company - see http://www.afs.org). We were going to exchange with another high school, to see their school and sights there. The students from the city outside of Buffalo had come to our school in March, so we knew the students we would be spending the next 4 days with.

Since our school says we can only miss one day (the day we would be attending school with them), we had to leave on a later flight after school. In total, there were 15 students and 2 chaperones (the club leaders). We got on a bus at about 3:30pm, but due to traffic, didn't get to MDW until about 5:45pm. We waited in a pretty short line, and the entire group was checked in in about 10 minutes. We all headed down to security and that was cleared in about 10 minutes as well. We found our group leader who told us to get food, and meet her at Gate B8 in 25 minutes. We were all at the gate and boarding soon started.

Southwest Airlines flight 312
    Chicago Midway-Buffalo, NY

I sat by my friend and one of our exchange students, so I took the window, the exchange student the middle, and she took the aisle. We took off on time at about 7:15pm and flew over the city of Chicago, and had a great view of the loop. Other than that, it was dark outside, so I don't have any pictures of this lkeg. The flight was pretty uneventful, the flight attendants were very friendly and professional and served a full drink service, a bag of cheese-its, and peanuts. After about an hour and ten minutes of flight, we started our desent into Buffalo, and landed at about 9:40pm. We found our students in the baggage claim area, and it was fun to talk to the students who visited us a month before. We drove to their town and went to bed, because we attended school with them the next day. During the days, we went to Buffalo several times, and also visited Niagara Falls. It was a great trip, but since our school said we can only miss one day, we had to fly home on Sunday.

Southwest Airlines flight 368
    Buffalo, NY -(Detroit, MI) - Chicago Midway

We all got to Buffalo and checked in. They opened up a seperate line for group check in, which is pretty nice. We all cleared security as a group, and people went to shops or to get food, and we had to be at Gate 18 in about 20 minutes again.

Southwest's Check-In Area at BUF

Southwest's Check-In Area at BUF

The Terminal at BUF, sorry for the blur.

We boarded the flight, which was full. We were told that since the plane was
    overweight, and the long runway at BUF was under construction, that we would have to take off from the short runway with little fuel. We were going to refuel in Detroit.

About to push back for DTW

We took off, and flew for about 30 minutes before landing in Detroit. We took on a few new passengers, and after being on the ground for about 45 minutes, we took off for Chicago again.

The cabin of the plane, notice how the no smoking sign doesn't light up, it's just a sticker!

We landed at MDW about 45 minutes late, claimed our bags, and went back home. It was a great trip, and I hope to do something like that again soon.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Nice trip report.

Comment

Nice Report and Pics!

It's nice to see another BUF report!

Fly from Buffalo!

Non-Stop flights to:

JFK, LGA, BOS, PIT, PHL, IAD, DCA, BWI, CLT, PHX, LAS, EWR, ATL, CVG, DTW, MSP, ORD, MDW, MCO, TPA, BDL, ALB, DFW, CLE, FLL, RSW, ROC

Comment

Excellent report and informative pics. Looks they managed to make miracles out of constant space shortage as far WN terminal is concerned.
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Thank you all for the comments!

KBUF, I loved flying in and out of Buffalo. There were not a lot of lines, and there was that one shop where I was able to pick up some Buffalo Wing sauce from the Anchor Bar!

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
          October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Working...
          X