Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with Condor? And getting to Austria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with Condor? And getting to Austria?

It looks like my family will be visiting Austria and Italy next summer. We are thinking about flying Condor directly to Frankfurt, and then hop another plane to Austria. Does anybody have any experience with flying on Condor?

That leads me to my other question, which airport is best to fly into when going to Austria? I would like to do the INN approach, but MUC, or VIE look more accesible. Any opinions?

Thanks, Alec
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Well Condor still is a charter carrier, so if not flying on Comfort Class it is not that comfortabel and you can expect many German tourists in the plane. Inflight entertianment is mostly still a few odd monitors along the aisle and 1 TV program + 8 radio channels. Food is ok though. Not great or something, but I never flew with Condor and found in bad. Usually chicken or pasta.

From FRA you can make your choice. Austrian to VIE or INS, LH to MUC. Whatever suits your needs.

Comment

best thing you can do is check al carrier's fares to all those airports from your home airport. You muight be surpirsed which is the cheapest since an ititnerary with several stop overs is usually cheaper than a non-stop flight.

Comment

OK, thanks for the info. My parents want to make the trip in as few stops as possible. But I shall keep looking.

Comment

Good thing about Condor ist that you can get miles for the LH miles&more program while flying with thme. But if I would have to fly over the pond I would fly LH or United instead.

Comment

Yep, I have experiences with both. I have flown with their 767s 757s and A320. Condor is okay, but as mentioned it is charter, so not the best service and comfort in the world.

Flying to INN is spectacular indeed and there is a connection from FRA with Austrian Arrows DHC8. If you are interested in spotting there however, you wil be dissapointed as there are very few flights in summer. Contact me if you have any questions! (MUC is in Germany btw., your question suggests it is in Austria)
            greetings,
            Philip

Comment

Originally posted by philip
              (MUC is in Germany btw., your question suggests it is in Austria)
              Haha, yeah I just realized that it was phrased like it was in Austria. I have just been researching flights there because it is relatively close to Kundl.

Comment

Condor legroom = worst

Comment

Working...
                X